Mathewshootrphone 05-Mar-19
Ermine 06-Mar-19
Stoneman 06-Mar-19
Mathewshootrphone 06-Mar-19
22-Jan-19

Bowhunter*'s embedded Photo
Bowhunter*'s embedded Photo

Bowhunter*'s Link
HAVE YOU REGISTERED FOR THE CBA BANQUET IN GRAND JUNCTION?? THIS IS OUR 50th YEAR !!!!! Go to the CBA’s web site at: www.coloradobowhunting.org to register.

It will be held Friday evening, March 15th, and Saturday, March 16th! There are only 230 seats available - so Sign up now!!

Go to online for the Double Tree now and ask for the CBA Room Rate ($89). Their phone number is 800-222-8733. Must be done by February 21, 2019. Their web site portal to our event is: https://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/G/GJTDTDT-CBA-20190315/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG

BIG GAME AWARD ENTRIES AND FIRST TIMER AWARDS: If you are interested in submitting your animal for the CBA 2018 Awards at the banquet, please contact Dave Stone, CBA Big Game Chair: Email is the preferred method: [email protected]. Address: 2224 Stuart, Longmont, CO 80501. Phone: 303.881.8435.

* There will be a strict deadline of February 10th, 2019 for all submissions.

All entries after this date may not receive a plaque or recognition.

First-Timer’s: Please contact Dave with the following info: name and address, big game species, county / state, location, and date animal was taken. Please send your best field photo.

BIG GAME DISPLAY: We encourage everyone to bring their 2018 trophies. Note that you can display any animal not previously displayed. Please contact Roger Trudell to let us know - so we can do the layout of trophies! We need to know the type of Mount: Antler, Euro, Shoulder, Pedestal, Life Size, Free Standing, rug etc.,

PHOTO CONTEST CATEGORIES: Best wildlife Photo, Best Hunting Photo and Best Game-Cam Photo. All photos must be submitted at the event by 11 AM on Saturday, March 16, 2016. Photos must be at least 5”x 7” and must be either framed and/or matted. Name and address must be on BACK of photo. Please send photographs for slide shows and displays!

VENDORS: Vendor space is limited. Vendor spaces may be reserved for $100 or a donation of equal or greater value. For vendor information contact Roger Trudell at the email below.

DONATIONS: If you have any items we can use in the silent or live auction - please let us know. Donations are the key to a successful banquet. Contact Kurt Hovenec at: [email protected]. Thanks!

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: We need 3 volunteers to run the silent auction. We need 2-3 people to help run the raffles. Help is needed at the Registration Desk for a couple of hours - here and there. We need help in setting up the Big Game Displays. We need someone who can be the photographer for the event.

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS: Friday, March 15th :

9 am – 5 pm Banquet/Trophy Display Set Up 5 pm – 6 pm Social hour

6 pm - 8:30 pm Pope & Young Presentation

Saturday, March 16th :

9 am – 5 pm Vendors

9 am – 9 pm Big Game and Trophy Display

10 am – 10:50 Marv Clyncke - 50-Years of Colorado Bowhunting

10 am - 5:00 pm Silent Auction

11 am - 11:50 am Jim Willems (President, P & Y) -Game Changing Hunting Tactics

11 am – 3:00 pm Photo Contest

11:30 – 1:00 pm Ladies Luncheon

12:15pm – 1:15 pm Kids & Teens

2:00 pm – 3:00 pm Paul Navarre - Arizona Coues DeerHunting

3:15 pm – 4:00 pm All CBA Members – CBA Meeting

4:00 pm – 5:00 pm Social Time

5:00 pm – 5:30 pm Welcome and Introductions

5:30 pm – 6:15 pm Dinner

6:15 pm -6:45 pm Fred Eichler

6:45 pm – 7:45 pm CBA Awards Presentation

7:45 pm – 9:00 pm Live Auction - Levi Ellis

For other banquet information, contact Roger Trudell at [email protected].

22-Jan-19
Attention CBA membership,

CBA Big Game Awards Program

To enter an animal for awards consideration, it will need to be scored by a Pope and Young or Boone and Crocket measurer (not SCI, or any other method), however not necessarily registered with either of those organizations. I will need copies of the following: The complete official score sheet signed by the hunter and measurer (front and back), I will also need the complete Fair Chase Affidavit (front and back), OR a copy of the P&Y Awards certificate if applicable.

Trophies do not have to meet P & Y minimums to receive an award, but they do need to be officially scored (see above), and all the above paperwork sent to me via email to:

([email protected])

or hard copies by mail to:

Dave Stone (CBA Big Game Chairman) 2224 Stuart Street Longmont, Co. 80501

Only animals taken in the current year are eligible for awards - with the exception of cougars that haven’t yet been scored due to the required drying period. These exceptions are normally entered the following year.

Generally, only the current year’s trophies are displayed at the banquet. Exceptions are usually made for trophies that have not been previously displayed, (usually due to taxidermy not being completed) or other reasons (a special display, etc.) agreed upon by the Trophy display committee, including the Big Game Chairman.

Only CBA members’ trophies are accepted for awards and display at the banquet. Unlike P & Y, we don’t charge a separate fee for recognition. The awards and display is to recognize our members, not the public.

If there is a tie for one of the top 2 places, we only give 3 awards. Thus, a tie for first would result in two first place awards and one third place award. A tie for second place would result in one first place and two second place awards. Obviously, a tie for third would result in four awards – one for first, one for second, and two for third.

26-Jan-19
Hi Rose, you might contact Roger for the upgraded Banquet Flyer that includes a picture of all of the speakers. IE, Paul Navarre, Hunting the gray ghost. thanks, Paul

27-Jan-19
Rick Dugan beat Fred E. to the first recurve Super Slam....when it was 28 species.

Anyway, enjoy the banquet. They were always good times!

27-Jan-19
Duplicate

28-Jan-19
Kurt has that right.He is a red fox but may be tuning in to a gray !!!

01-Feb-19
This is going to be a great 50 year convention banquet, Marvin Clyncke one of the founders of the CBA. Fred Eichler who has completed the Grand Slam of 29 North American Big Game Species as well as hosting a show on the Sportsmen Channel. Paul Navarre who has taken the big 8 species in CO. along with all his contributions to the CBA and post on this Bowsite. Jim Willems president of the Pope and Young Club. Can anyone imagine the history, dedication and game harvested over 50 years from these gentlemen and what they have accomplished for us who love are sport. Please attend this banquet on the western slope of CO. and help make this one special Thanks RD

08-Feb-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo

08-Feb-19
Got my tickets and room bought!

16-Feb-19
ttt

24-Feb-19
ttt

24-Feb-19
I think I am all set. Will double check.

24-Feb-19
I signed up on the website and assume my ticket will be waiting for me at the event?

24-Feb-19
yes, at the event

24-Feb-19
I received an email from the treasurer that some folks were having a problem registering. You may want to check your PayPal / CC statements.

24-Feb-19
I checked and did not have a charge to PayPal that I could find.

Pretty sure I had registered several months back. Re-registered. May have done it twice...

Did check with the hotel and had a reservation there so that was good:-)

25-Feb-19
I had trouble with the paypal credit card and had to switch to my bank. Registrants may want to check their paypal account if you applied online.

25-Feb-19
If you registered through PayPal, I should be able to verify as I am being cc on the banquet registrations.

You may pm me if you would like me to verify your registration if you used the online Pay Pal process.

25-Feb-19
I had the same trouble paypal will not work ???

25-Feb-19
Lyle, it is working for many members. There is definitely and issue for some.

25-Feb-19
The issue must have been with my credit card as I did it twice without success but it immediately worked on the bank. Roger reached out to me during my issues. Just letting people know as you can't tell it is a problem unless you go into paypal and see that the payment is pending.

25-Feb-19
I do not use PP so I just sent the CBA a check for the amount. Paul

26-Feb-19
I paid for my banquet tickets Jan 25 using PayPal. Now Feb 24 my PayPal payment was returned to my PayPal account, with the note that there was no connection between PayPal and CBA. I sent two emails to CBA with no response. I don't know weather I have tickets or not.

26-Feb-19
I paid with a credit card through PayPal about a month ago and it still shows pending. Hope I am registered.

27-Feb-19
If you are pending I doubt you are registered.

27-Feb-19
Attention CBA members: I have had several members contact me saying their Pay Pal payment is still "pending" even though I can see their receipt.

If you paid via Pay Pal, you should verify that the payment was processed. If it is still pending, I recommend cancelling that payment and re registering. The Web Designer has updated the registration application to hopefully correct this issue. I have not heard or seen any issues using a credit card. Of course sending a check will work too.

Again, pm me with any questions or concerns and I will try to help. Dave Stone

05-Mar-19
Hey Dave you got room for two Columbian black tails

06-Mar-19
I have to work at the fire station darn it!

06-Mar-19
Brandon, absolutely... bring them.

06-Mar-19
Ok

• Sitka Gear