WapitiBob 23-Jan-19
HDE 23-Jan-19
Oryx35 24-Jan-19
HDE 24-Jan-19
trophyhill 25-Jan-19
HDE 25-Jan-19
Oryx35 25-Jan-19
23-Jan-19
Just wanted to hear everyone’s thoughts on the new e-tag. For me i will be sticking with the paper tags, but I do like the idea of having it all on your phone but I’m the kinda guy that will loose/break my phone on accident or forget my charger or something stupid like that.

23-Jan-19
We just went to the same process (OR). License on the phone is a good idea, e tag is a waste of time.

23-Jan-19
Seems like the e-tag isn't fully fleshed out yet, I'll stick with the sticker (no pun intended) until they have the e-system streamlined. I don't like to rely on electronics in the back country.

23-Jan-19
I think it’s pointless. You still have to enter your date and time of kill on the app then it sends you a number which you have to write down on a pice of paper or tape and then attach that to the carcass! Might as well have a normal type of paper tag in your pocket or pack.

23-Jan-19
yeeuuupp

23-Jan-19
Bucherboy good point, seems kinda useless it’s like fill out a regular tag or make one on the spot and also have to enter the data into your phone

23-Jan-19
In order for the e-tag thing to work, you have to have wi-fi or cell phone coverage. Good luck with that in some places...

24-Jan-19
I'm with butcherboy. I was all in until I read the part about having to write the number on something. At that point you might as well just have the paper tag. HDE, as I understand it you don't need cell coverage as long as the app is loaded.

24-Jan-19
If you don't need cell coverage, how does the app know to generate a tag number? How would game and fish know you generated a number using the app?

The only way it would work, I suppose, is you are given a preliminary tag with a number and filling in the kill info "unlocks" it.

It's a dumb idea regardless.

25-Jan-19
I liked printing my own. Made my freezer look Fuller for some reason.........I'm kidding ;)

25-Jan-19
Best way to make your freezer look more full is to put some boxes underneath the packages of meat!

That's what I do - makes me feel better anyway when I shoot a small elk, oryx, or deer.

25-Jan-19
HDE, page 8 of the new rules book mentions the offline app use. I'd copy it over if I wasn't on my phone. I suspect it unlocks a number based on some algorithm that likely includes info from your phone like date, time, and maybe location. When you get service I'm sure the number is sent to Game and Fish. However, I agree that it is a dumb idea if it also requires a written tag.

• Sitka Gear