N8tureBoy 30-Jan-19
SILVERADO 21-Feb-19
Notme 21-Feb-19
Bigbuckbob 21-Feb-19
>>---CTCrow---> 21-Feb-19
Ace 22-Feb-19
Shawn 22-Feb-19
24-Jan-19
current list: HB05272 AN ACT PERMITTING MUNICIPAL REGULATION OF TRAPPING AND HUNTING. HB05304 AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE USE OF PINK BLAZE CLOTHING FOR HUNTING. HB05309 AN ACT EXPANDING THE STATE'S THREE HUNTING SEASONS EACH BY ONE WEEK. HB05310 AN ACT AUTHORIZING SUNDAY HUNTING ON PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LANDS BY SHOTGUN AND RIFLE. HB05393 AN ACT ESTABLISHING A LOTTERY FOR A BLACK BEAR HUNTING PERMIT IN LITCHFIELD COUNTY. HB05583 AN ACT RESTRICTING BOW AND ARROW HUNTING OF DEER ON SUNDAYS TO DEER MANAGEMENT ZONES IN THE STATE. HB05798 AN ACT CONCERNING HUNTING BY FIREARM ON PRIVATE LANDS. HB06013 AN ACT PROHIBITING THE EXPANSION OF HUNTING IN CONNECTICUT. HB06015 AN ACT AUTHORIZING LOCAL CONTROL OF ANIMAL TRAPPING AND HUNTING. SB00231 AN ACT AUTHORIZING A BEAR HUNTING SEASON. SB00243 AN ACT PROTECTING CERTAIN WILD ANIMALS FROM HARMFUL HUNTING PRACTICES. SB00245 AN ACT PROHIBITING HUNTING ALONG THE QUINNIPIAC RIVER IN NEW HAVEN.

24-Jan-19
Thanks Mike.

Can you please add any additional bills that show up?

Did you get these directly from the legislatures website?

24-Jan-19
So, it appears there's an anti-hunting bill for every pro-hunting bill. Pink Blaze Clothing? Are we getting a run of trannys in the sport?

24-Jan-19
Proposed HB-5302 AN ACT AUTHORIZING CERTAIN PERSONS TO CARRY FIREARMS IN STATE PARKS. To allow persons who hold a firearms permit to carry such firearms in state parks.

24-Jan-19
Proposed HB-5310 AN ACT AUTHORIZING SUNDAY HUNTING ON PUBLIC AND PRIVATE LANDS BY SHOTGUN AND RIFLE. To expand authorized Sunday hunting means from just bow and arrow to shotgun and rifle on both public and private lands.

24-Jan-19
2 good ones Ace

24-Jan-19
Proposed *HB-5688 AN ACT AUTHORIZING BOW AND ARROW HUNTERS TO CARRY A FIREARM FOR PROTECTION. To allow bow and arrow hunters to carry a firearm for protection.

24-Jan-19
Proposed *HB-5732 AN ACT CONCERNING THE DEFENSE OF A PERSON'S DWELLING.

To fully adopt the "castle doctrine" by establishing a rebuttable presumption that when a homeowner believes it necessary to use deadly force to repel an intruder then that belief is a reasonable belief.

24-Jan-19
Proposed *HB-5797

AN ACT AUTHORIZING THE USE OF FIREARMS WITH SOUND SUPPRESSORS BY HUNTERS. To authorize hunters to use firearms fitted with sound suppressors.

24-Jan-19
Proposed *HB-5798

AN ACT CONCERNING HUNTING BY FIREARM ON PRIVATE LANDS. To allow hunting of all animals by firearm on private property on all days, including Sundays.

24-Jan-19
"Are we getting a run of trannys in the sport?"

Don't be an ass.

It's more visible and therefore safer to wear it than Orange. And not that many men will be able to talk themselves into it, but Hunter numbers are declining and since (statistically speaking) the average potential new hunter has One testicle, maybe license sales will go up if the DEEP can do whatever it reasonably can to market the sport to the potential new hunters with zero.

24-Jan-19
There are so many that apply to us it will make your head spin! Many of these House Bills, both good ones and bad ones, have Senate Bills that are similar.

The way it works here in CT is a Bill is discussed if it advances (often it is combined with similar bills), then a relevant committee is assigned it. The Committees (IS we often deal with Environment) will debate it. These committees have both Senators and Reps on them. If the Committee passes it, it then is placed on the Calendar. As we have so often seen with Sunday Hunting, they frequently never get called for a vote. If Leadership (which is now all Democrat) doesn't like a Bill, and thinks it will pass, they may just never call it.

All is not lost, however, sometimes deals are struck, sometimes a bill can resurface as an Amendment on another bill and get through that way.

It's frequently NOT pretty. You know what they say about sausage making and laws right?

24-Jan-19
There is a bill to ban all hunting, a bill to ban all trapping. A bill to ban allbody grip traps for trapping amd pest control ..it would inckude mouse traps

24-Jan-19
"Don't be an ass." GF

LOL. Sometimes I'm like that. Actually any flo-glo colors are fine with me.

24-Jan-19
yeah got them from the CT general assembly website

24-Jan-19
this is the one that concerned me... B05583 AN ACT RESTRICTING BOW AND ARROW HUNTING OF DEER ON SUNDAYS TO DEER MANAGEMENT ZONES IN THE STATE.

25-Jan-19
Will they even bring up the carry while bowhunting bill?

25-Jan-19
As Ace mentioned, a lot has to do with who the chair of each committee is. Lots of bills end up dying in committee because the chairperson refuses to call it for a vote, no matter how much support there may be for it. So much wasted time, money and effort with public hearings, etc., when the outcome is often predetermined. It pays to get to know your legislators. Send them an email once in a while, and don't forget to thank them for their support after a bill passes.

26-Jan-19
Has any body created a list with both anti and pro hunting bills and the senitors / towns /contact infomation that proposed the bills. I am going to a game dinner on Sunday and would like to have a copy on every table ( 150 hunting supporters will attend). Game dinners are no brainer - if the list has contact links that can be acessed by cell phone, supporters can sent in their yay or naw will at the dinner.

26-Jan-19
Stu, it’s too soon for that. The bills will first go to a specific Committees.

I think the best thing that you can do now it Grab a microphone, tell the crowd about the worst 5-10 bills on guns and hunting. Then tell them if they will get involved we can prevent them, perhaps even expand Sunday Hunting (to all animals all implements) AND get a Bear season.

Ask them to write their email address on the sheet left on each table. Collect those and now we have more activists to contact the right people when the time is right.

26-Jan-19
Ace

Good idea - I will create a spread sheet sign up list with address/ emails / cell phone etc. I am concerned about letting the legastive anti hunting agenda get out of hand and would like to join a like minded commette to promote hunting in every way possible.

30-Jan-19
This website allows you to track a bill. It will notify you any time something happens to it

https://www.cga.ct.gov/aspx/cgabilltracking/pub/CGABillTrack_Register.aspx?utm_source=Currey&utm_campaign=d1240319dd-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_02_07&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_eb6c2aa7c5-d1240319dd-47736465

30-Jan-19
Sorry - the site wouldn't let me include link as a hot button. You have to cut and paste...

21-Feb-19

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
Hey guys saw this on a separate forum. Not sure if anyone else has.

21-Feb-19
A glimore of hope maybe..

21-Feb-19
Great news

21-Feb-19
That's good news.

22-Feb-19
At a meeting this week, we heard from the new Rep who introduced the Sunday Hunting expansion bill. He is not a hunter but he supports us and this cause. When they schedule the Public Hearing we need people to go to Hartford and testify, and we need EVERYONE to submit emailed written support for the bill.

Be Ready guys!

Same thing on Bears, and hopefully Carrying while Bow Hunting!

22-Feb-19
I'd like to go to Hartford and give a testimony. Would be more than happy to. Keep me informed on when it is and what I have to do. I'll post a rough draft and maybe a few of you could help me with it.(mike in CT)

• Sitka Gear