Longcruise 26-Jan-19
Dirty D 27-Jan-19
Longcruise 27-Jan-19
wifishkiller 01-Feb-19
Treeline 01-Feb-19
Yellowjacket 03-Feb-19
Ermine 03-Feb-19
25-Jan-19
Reaching out to any bowhunters in Northern Colorado that might be willing to have a private email discussion about hunting goats in Chicago Basin. David

26-Jan-19
Never hunted the basin for anything but a friend took a goat there. He hunted down from summit lake. It's pretty busy with hikers and fisherman.

27-Jan-19

Dirty D's Link
Feel free to shoot me a PM, I've been back in there several times...

I put a link to a blog post after my 2014 "hunt" it may answer some of your questions.

27-Jan-19
Based on dirt D's blog, I was referring to a different Chicago basin. The one I spoke of is the area of the Chicago lakes near mount Evans.

01-Feb-19
I’m with DD, I left the basin without shooting one. I didn’t want to wait the 5 years to be in the pool. I got snowed out in October, but could have killed in other parts of the unit, just nothing I wanted to kill.

01-Feb-19
Great writing DD! Beautiful place, just very crowded!

03-Feb-19
I have some limited experience in the area. In 2005 I hiked in off of Guanella Pass and killed a goat on Gray Wolf Mountain north of Mt Evans. The goat then proceeded to tumble 2,000 feet down the mountain and ended up near Chicago Lakes. I ended up driving around the mountain and hiked in by Chicago Creek to retrieve it the next day.

03-Feb-19
People are referring to two different areas

• Sitka Gear