Ron Miller 27-Jan-19
Babysaph 27-Jan-19
Ron Miller 29-Jan-19
sundaynwv 30-Jan-19
Babysaph 30-Jan-19
Jack Whitmrie jr 05-Feb-19
Babysaph 05-Feb-19
26-Jan-19
How big does a whitetail buck have to be for you to get it mounted? Bigger than your last maybe? Pope and young caliber? 150 range? One you may have been after for a while? What are your thoughts?

26-Jan-19
for me size does matter but, it also has a lot to do with the hunt itself and sometimes the events leading up to killing a particular deer or any animal for that matter. I have a lot of big deer mounted but I have a small 8 pointer mounted that some would never imagine doing. on the day before season that year (many years ago) my very young daughter went with me scouting and helped (or so she thought she did) me put up a stand. it was a very good father/daughter day. I killed the 8 point the next morning. when she saw it she automatically said I'd have to mount it. I did and it is one of my favorite mounts. a few years ago I gave it to her daughter, my first granddaughter and really enjoyed re-telling the story. brought back some special memories.

27-Jan-19
Not to be a smart butt, but 1 that meets my standards and No One else’s ! I hunt for me and if a deer is Special ( almost all are) I have it mounted , but usually 1 that’s makes the WV Records which is 110 inch !

27-Jan-19

Ron Miller's embedded Photo
Ron Miller's embedded Photo
This was my #2 deer this year and I got him mounted !

27-Jan-19
I agree with Ron. Nice deer Ron

29-Jan-19
Thanks JR

30-Jan-19
Personal aspects of the deer.and the hunt make decisions about mounting.

With European mounts more prominent I tend to do those more often. I have 3 bucks mounted and 5 Europeans.

30-Jan-19
I'm doing more and more of those too

05-Feb-19
Any more with the price of a good mount , I do euro mounts . Then use the money to put towards a hunt somewhere .

05-Feb-19
I do that too Jack. Plus I don't have the room. My house and cabin looks like Cabela's and I don't think that is the look my new bride was shooting for. LOL

• Sitka Gear