Contributors to this thread:
Limbhanger 26-Jan-19
Big-Otis-Jeff 26-Jan-19
Babysaph 27-Jan-19
sundaynwv 27-Jan-19
sundaynwv 27-Jan-19
Jim Casto Jr 27-Jan-19
26-Jan-19
Who hunts in other states for whitetail and if you do, how does it effect what you will shoot? Do you lower your standards as days of your hunt go by.

26-Jan-19
I hunt OH-Ky and every couple years venture to Illinois or Alberta. 10 years or so i would adjust, just because i was stuck in that , i paid for a hunt I am gonna kill something......But now, last 10 years, i hold out for a certain age or size deer, regardless of how far along it is in my hunt. And i eat more tags than i fill, but, thats ok for me, because when i do fill that tag, its an animal that hit my standard.

I do that in WV as well, i wont settle for anything less than my expectations.....Why sell yourself short?

27-Jan-19
In the big deer states I hold out for a deer I really want knowing my meat deer are here in WV waiting on me.,

27-Jan-19
Ive hunted a few other states. Its great to be able to see deer you won't see at home

27-Jan-19
Ive hunted a few other states. Its great to be able to see deer you won't see at home

27-Jan-19
I've hunted whitetail in several states. The reason I went there was to shoot something much nicer than I'd probably ever be able to shoot here at home.

To answer the second part of your question, I usually wouldn't shoot a deer on the last day that I wouldn't shoot on the first day, but circumstances do change now-and-again.

:^)

• Sitka Gear