sitO 30-Jan-19
Tstrand13 30-Jan-19
sitO 30-Jan-19
Qdma48668 02-Feb-19
Qdma48668 02-Feb-19
Qdma48668 02-Feb-19
Bodyman 02-Feb-19
28-Jan-19
I'm looking to do a guided Walleye fishing trip for myself and a buddy sometime this year. Does anyone have any recommendations for a guide?

Maybe Writer knows of someone good?

I know Sito, a guided fishing trip isn't really fishing;)

Thanks in advance

28-Jan-19
Ha! I fished Waconda(Glen Elder) many years ago with Dick Rexroat, and he put us on some great walleye. Not sure if he's still guiding or if he's even still with us...hope so!

Might also get on Facebook and ask Bryan Pinick with "Whiskers" guide service on Milford. Bryan's a great guy, KBA regional representative, and he guides but mainly Blue Cat's and Wipers I believe...may also guide for Walleye, or know someone good. Tell him I sent ya, he won't hold it against ya ;)

28-Jan-19
I would go to Ontario before I would ever spend money on a guide in KS. Try Pipestone Outfitters in Ontario.

28-Jan-19
Have caught some nice ones out of skiatook and eufaula lakes even keystone has some good fish in it

28-Jan-19
Bodyman you and I think the same.

28-Jan-19
Thanks for the tips Sito.

I've caught a fish or 2 out of those lakes over the years Bodyman. I don't know anyone who goes to any of those lakes and catches limits. I'd like to get into them.

West, there's a big time and cost difference between a guided trip in Kansas and a trip to Canada. We'd all rather go to Canada and I'll get to that but in the interim, I'd like to catch some fish close to home.

28-Jan-19
Go to Keith Sebelius, you won't need a guide. I have had a few 50 plus walleye and saugeye days there. My biggest out of there was 24 inches. Big wipers as well.

28-Jan-19
I've caught both at "Norton Reservoir" as well, but Eldorado, Cheney, and Kanopolis are closer(I think he's in SC KS) and we've caught just as many and bigger fish on them. Heck we've caught a few good ones casting plugs or on minnows at Murray Gill too, but we never purposely fish for them there.

Guess I thought he asked about a guided trip so...

28-Jan-19
Alright, since you guys are able to catch the Walleye in good numbers, I'll offer a trade. I will gladly take someone on a crappie trip that they won't soon forget in exchange for a trip catching Walleye. The limit in Oklahoma is 37 per man and I'll make sure you go home with a few limits in the ice chest.

28-Jan-19
I never really targeted walleye at Norton, but just seem to get into them when bass fishing, especially with a crankbait. Heck I have caught a few in the strip pits in SEK while bass fishing. Used to catch crappie at Cedar Bluff, and we just culled out all the 15 inchers. Big crappie there back in the day. I just suggested Norton cause you won't need a guide. Clear water and not alot of pressure like the other lakes. And great crappie fishing if you like them 13-15 inches.

28-Jan-19
So how would one go about catching them at Norton? I'm a pretty capable fisherman but I've never fished for Walleye specifically. I've only caught them "accidentally" here in Oklahoma and only on rare occasions.

28-Jan-19

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I appreciate the offer Robert, we catch plenty of crappie too. Heck we went over to Melvern two weeks ago and caught 20+ in freezing fog at 29deg. Dad and I have probably one of the best crappie lakes to fish in KS...right Mike?

For walleye we have the best luck drifting nightcrawlers on mud flats, it's a completely different type of fishing than most are used to and a different bite...takes a few misses to get used to, and you'll still miss them. Lots of guys troll for them but we don't really enjoy that type of fishing, and then there's crank's and jigs when they are spawning on the damn or jetty's.

Send me a PM and I'll tell you where we've caught them closer to your home, no guarantee's...it's fishing and you can't buy results at Wal-Mart in 50# bags ;?)

29-Jan-19
Westksbowhunter is Pipestone Outfitters the operation run by Shane Hayes and/or his big brother Jim?

29-Jan-19
sitO Dick is still around and he is still doing some guiding but not like he used to. Catching a limit up here isn't so hard but taking a limit home keeps getting harder because they keep increasing the size. It doesn't bother me because I put almost every thing back in the lake but if you want to fill the freezer that can be a different story.

29-Jan-19
Thanks Charlie, I tried to find info on him(Google) but came up with very little. Does he have a name for his guiding service different than his name by chance?

My two uncles, my dad, and I fished with him at least 20yrs ago...probably more. My dad kept missing fish so Rexroat said "do you want me to put you on my lap and hold the pole for you"? Everything went silent for a minute...but then my dad started laughing and it's a joke we've used ever since then. Like I said, we caught a BUNCH of fish, some big fish, and I also remember him not wanting us to lift the fish up so that any other boats could see...he was VERY protective of "his spots" on the lake!

29-Jan-19

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Beautiful fish sitO...........I sure do miss the crappie fishing but walleyes almost make up for it:)

29-Jan-19
These fish pix get my fever up. Last week we were in Florida for 10 days, pretty chilly and both have the sniffles. Fished one day, best fish was a 15 lb. grouper but out of season so had to throw it back. Next best one the guide would not touch, came up with what looked like a soccer ball sized ball of big snakes. Guide said "Manko eel and I ain't touching it" and cut the line. Wanted to stretch it out on the deck, never seen one before but he wouldn't bring it over the rail.

29-Jan-19
Not manko morey.

29-Jan-19
For walleyes I like a jig head and soft plastics or a crankbait. Not much on live bait.

29-Jan-19

N2BUX's embedded Photo
N2BUX's embedded Photo
N2BUX's embedded Photo
N2BUX's embedded Photo
I do Florida every year. I try to time my trip to coincide with the best tides for Tarpon fishing so we usually do at least a day of Tarpon then at least a day of meat fishing. A few years ago we had a day of Tarpon fishing where we hooked up 13 and landed 9. One of the best fishing days of my life.

29-Jan-19
Envious! Never fished for Tarpon, but my brother caught a bunch in Belize last year and someday I will too. Have done the Redfish in the Gulf near St George Island... good eatin!

29-Jan-19
Clip when Its slow we use bottom bouncers, looks like a spinner bats wire, sinker on bottom and run a three foot leader with bait shiners or worms

29-Jan-19
Sorry spinnerbait, run the leader off top wire

30-Jan-19
I never would have figured Sito for a live bait fisherman.

30-Jan-19
HE uses corn for trout!

30-Jan-19
hee-haw

30-Jan-19
When I lived in Wichita my neighbor would take me to el dorado trolling. We never caught limits but what walleye we did catch were huge. Rattletrap and swim baits

30-Jan-19
and Hot-n-Tots on the old railroad beds!

02-Feb-19

Qdma48668's embedded Photo
Come up here to Michigan I can put u on all the walleye u can handle. Between Saginaw bay, Lake Erie an the Detroit river. Trolling, Jigging or Casting . We Catch all we want or ice fishing

02-Feb-19

Come up here to Michigan I can put u on all the walleye u can handle. Between Saginaw bay, Lake Erie an the Detroit river. Trolling, Jigging or Casting . We Catch all we want

02-Feb-19

Sorry for the double picture

02-Feb-19
That's not fair like Pearce fishen in ok, that's some good eaten

• Sitka Gear