longspeak74 01-Feb-19
GoJakesGo 03-Feb-19
RutnStrut 04-Feb-19
xtroutx 04-Feb-19
WausauDug 04-Feb-19
skookumjt 04-Feb-19
WausauDug 05-Feb-19
29-Jan-19
Bear tags have been drawn. I drew for zone D with five points and will donate my tag to my g'son.

29-Jan-19
Hoot...who you going with LOL

29-Jan-19
MF - Now that was funny!

29-Jan-19
nothing for me.

29-Jan-19
I just took a preference point again. To be honest until the DNR gets their head out of their ass for zone C, I probably won't bear hunt WI again.

29-Jan-19
Point number 13 for me. I need to find time one of these years.

30-Jan-19
Rut, what do you want them to do in Zone C? Just curious.

30-Jan-19
Here come all the posts “can anyone recommend a outfitter” They had 7 plus years to figure that out leading up to the draw.

30-Jan-19
I finally drew a license after accumulating 14 points. It wasn't as if I tried applying, I was just waiting for either the right time, which I didn't find, or the right person to donate to. I worked with James (Hoot), and through a friend of his, I will be donating my tag to a wounded warrior I believe?, or s child with a life threatening illness. I will not apply for points any longer, and will give you bear hunters a better opportunity to draw (by one point lol).

Good luck everyone who hunts.

30-Jan-19
DT Sooooooo What is wrong with someone asking that question / questions about their bear hunt ???? It took them 7 plus years to get a tags they want to do it right. This is a Wisconsin Bow/hunting forum.

30-Jan-19
I feel the same way about C. They either need to reduce the tag numbers, start earlier, or do a spring hunt if they need to reduce numbers. I am applying for pref. points now for area A. Hopefully I will be retired by the time I get a tag up there.

30-Jan-19
How are you finding draw status? All I could find under my daughters account is that her bear pref points went to zero but that pretty much says she drew. She will be transferring her tag to a kid that lives next door. He came along with me on a couple of baiting runs two seasons ago and liked it. His guides are all lined up. (His dad and myself.)

30-Jan-19
What do you look under to check ? I go to the dnr site but don't see anything on drawn permits .

30-Jan-19
Look at your GoWild dashboard. They have a new bear management plan ready to go out for public review shortly. It includes significant changes to the zones. Overall I feel the plan addresses needed changes. I don't think hound hunting in new areas will be well received but we'll see.

30-Jan-19
Upnorth - Go to Go Wild and click licenses or points. If your points are zero you drew and under licenses it will say bear tag winner.

30-Jan-19
Skook, where are the new hound areas they are proposing?

30-Jan-19
Parts of the current zone C. Rusk and Taylor Counties for example.

30-Jan-19
A lot of residents and landowners are not going to be happy about hounds possibly running bears.

30-Jan-19
Thanks ,no tag

30-Jan-19
My daughter will be getting a tag this year. I'm done applying in WI, 12 years for a tag is ridiculous. I've gotten 2 bears, my oldest daughter got 1 and my youngest daughter should get hers this fall. I have zero interest in shooting another bear, and especially waiting another 12 years to have the opportunity to shoot one on my property. If either of my daughters want to hunt bear again, we'll just book a hunt in Canada or buy an over the counter tag in another State and go there. A spot and stalk hunt could possibly peak my interest.

30-Jan-19
Arrow1 wrote

“DT Sooooooo What is wrong with someone asking that question / questions about their bear hunt ???? It took them 7 plus years to get a tags they want to do it right. This is a Wisconsin Bow/hunting forum.”

That’s my point. They had 7+ years waiting to draw to figure it out and find a quality outfitter. Waiting till you draw?? Most of the better ones are booked before the draw takes place.

30-Jan-19
Soooooo What????": What does it REALLY matter to you. Maybe someones recommendation today will help someone that is just starting to apply or has 6 or so points. GEEEEEEEZZZZZZZ Give it a Break..... If you don't like the questions don't open the Thread. Go piss and moan some place else.

30-Jan-19
"I don't think hound hunting in new areas will be well received but we'll see."

Wasn't this the change that someone on here told us was coming and you swore up and down it wasn't? Running hounds in those areas is just going to create more problems. Now there will be even more dipshits claiming the my dog doesn't know property lines excuse.

30-Jan-19
Arrow1

Who’s posing and moaning now?? Why don’t you go some place else!

90% of the threads here are of someone “pissing and moaning”

To all bear hunters. If you expect to draw next season get after it this year and find your outfitter and call him and get placed on his list of expectant hunters for 2020 most wont ask for a deposit till after the draw. Once you draw get it in ASAP.

Or wait till after you draw and chose one the secondary outfitters.

30-Jan-19
The idea is for hound hunters to be able to take advantage of larger blocks of public land such as the National Forest in Taylor County and State Forest in Jackson. They are already training in those areas.

Even so, I expect a lot of negative feedback.

30-Jan-19
My daughter got a tag in zone A with 8 points.

30-Jan-19
Are Rusk and Taylor counties the only counties in zone C whee they are proposing this change?

30-Jan-19
I don't think the new boundaries actually follow county lines but I don't remember exactly where they were going to be. The plan should be available for public review shortly.

30-Jan-19
I got zone D. Cant wait

01-Feb-19
90% of the threads here are of someone “pissing and moaning”

You just described the basic state of the entire Wisconsin Forum. A handful of people offer valuable information, but unfortunately the majority have some personal ax to grind with every response. Gets old....

03-Feb-19
Yep ^^^

04-Feb-19
"90% of the threads here are of someone “pissing and moaning”

If you expect rainbows and unicorn farts, find another forum.

04-Feb-19

04-Feb-19
what are the rules of "donating" points or a tag? I would like to give my Dad another chance at a bear before he gets to... He has hunted once a couple years ago and never saw a bear

04-Feb-19

skookumjt's Link
Doug-your Dad would not be eligible.

05-Feb-19
thanks

• Sitka Gear