Wally 31-Jan-19
Woobie 31-Jan-19
Elk Noob 31-Jan-19
Wally 31-Jan-19
PECO 31-Jan-19
Wally 31-Jan-19
squirrel 01-Feb-19
31-Jan-19
Looking for recommendations. Looking for a quality outfitter with drop camps placed in areas that actually hold elk. Not looking for Trophy animals just legal Bulls and or cows. My drop camp last year was a scam. Looking in the $1,500 to $2,000 price range. I normally hunt solo looking at the last week of Archery this year. Will most likely pick up a bear tag as well. OTC ARCHERY UNITS P.M Me with any ideas.

TIA

31-Jan-19

Woobie's Link
I did one with Conejos Canyon Outfitters in the San Juans and had a great hunt. We lost a few days due to 40+mph blowing sleet (nobody's fault obviously), but the owner and his cowboys were great guys. Had a great time when the weather permitted.

Bart is the owner's name: https://www.huntcco.com/

31-Jan-19
Wally can you expand on the drop camp being a scam?

31-Jan-19
Elk: Perhaps scam was a strong word. Basically the outfitter dropped me off in area he had set up for late season firearms. Knowing full well he didn't have any elk in the area. I put in 10 miles a day with no sign of elk. When came to pick me up 7 days later and we discussed it. He said, ya this spot is okay for late season firearms "sometimes" and didn't know if it would be okay during archery. For $,2000 I felt ripped off.

31-Jan-19
Wally, name the outfitter. Save others for being ripped off.

31-Jan-19
I'm not going to bash anyone at this point I've spoken with said outfitter and gave him an honest online review . I would really just like to find a reputable group to work with an move forward. I've elk hunted two years now, the first year I spike hunted on my own and was successful. I live and dream Elk now so I'm going to keep it positive. 8 months and counting.

01-Feb-19
Hell Wally you already have it figured out, you scored! Why not repeat? many ways to take a bite of the apple in between spiking out and full outfitter, drop camp being just one of them.

• Sitka Gear