One Arrow 31-Jan-19
sitO 31-Jan-19
HoytZinger 31-Jan-19
doubledrop 01-Feb-19
sitO 01-Feb-19
doubledrop 01-Feb-19
One Arrow 01-Feb-19
31-Jan-19
Would anybody be willing to share their smokes sausage recipe. I’ve got some grinding to do from last year and thought I might try to make some. Cheese or other additives welcomed.

Also, I’ve heard you can make sausage without a casing, so any help there would be appreciated, if possible.

I know I could google it, but would rather hear from someone I know has had success.

Thanks in advance

31-Jan-19

sitO's Link
I use Walton's seasonings, and tried their high temp cheese this round as well. I'm not a huge fan of the cheddar cheese(taste wise), but it didn't melt lol. I've also chopped up fresh jalapenos and added to Summer Sausage...that's good.

Here's a link...and they have instructions on just about anything you'd ever want to make on the website as well 'Meatgistics".

P.S. There's a thread on the main forum pertaining to the same topic Ray, just FYI.

31-Jan-19
I do 2 parts venison 1 part pork butt with the fat. Smokey mountain seasoning with jalapeños and mustards seeds and it pretty darn good. Have t done the cheese because of my kids allergies but maybe this year I’ll make some up just for me.

01-Feb-19
Second the Waltons and "Meatgistics" recommendation made by Kyle. Great products and options from what I have used so far. Love the "Willie's Snack Stick" seasoning for sticks. Have buddies who say it's the best they have had when I let them sample.

01-Feb-19
Dylan, do you add the citric acid to your sticks? Just wondering if it makes that much of a difference.

01-Feb-19
I did this year but to be honest messed up my summer sausage by using it and then holding overnight. I tried to speed watch the "Meatgistics" stick making video and thought it was a required ingredient for that seasoning packet. Found out when it was too late that it was only for going straight to the smoker and I held mine for over 24 hours. Ended up with a drier, crumbly sausage. Has good flavor, just had a very negative affect when held. I wish I knew how the citric acid affected it, but will have to wait for a later batch to try.

01-Feb-19
Awesome... thanks guys!

• Sitka Gear