Zmax 01-Mar-19
Thornton 02-Mar-19
Zmax 02-Mar-19
Cracken74 02-Mar-19
Thornton 02-Mar-19
31-Jan-19

Thornton's embedded Photo
Today's news. I wonder how many pellets/bullet holes are in this one?

01-Feb-19
Pellets

01-Feb-19
Big and healthy.Or was.

01-Feb-19
So much for the only young males trying to establish territory theory. Now I can’t squash the story when someone mentions cubs. The only thing left of the BS meter is a black one.

01-Feb-19

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Here's the pic I got last night with a little more info.

01-Feb-19
Wow! I was pheasant hunting in Rooks county a couple of weeks ago. I can’t imagine running into that sucker!

01-Feb-19
Not buying the weight estimate. A large female is 120 lbs and a huge male is 180 lbs. Regardless, this is a large, mature female cat.

01-Feb-19
Here in another week they'll say it was tagged in Colorado an was being transported for a foot injury to KSU for treatment where they amputated the paw. Then on the way home escaped during the blizzard an was never found again . . . . . It'll be interesting to see what they come up with :) they're around an hide as well as Sasquatch. I've never seen one myself just a black panther with cubs.

01-Feb-19
200 pounds, maybe 60% of 200 pounds.

01-Feb-19

Some redneck somewhere is bragging he shot a mountain lion in KS ...and nobody believes him. Here's for the "black panther" theorists

01-Feb-19
They'll probably believe him when he pulls the paw out and shows them?

I think we need more argument on the approximate weight...maybe we should bring in that "carny chick" from the Jerk?

01-Feb-19
There is no compelling evidence that a single wild “black panther” has ever existed in United States. The largest cat in the United States, and in fact the fourth largest cat in the world, is the mountain lion (Puma concolor) – also known as cougar, catamount, painter, and in Florida, panther. Adult cougars are about 120-150 pounds, have tawny or brown coats, and with the exception of the endangered Florida panther population and a few solitary and long-distance travelers, live in the western part of the country. Cougars have been hunted for centuries and are one of the best-studied animals on the planet, yet there has never been a cougar documented displaying melanism. Melanism is a genetic variation that results in excess pigmentation turning the coat entirely black, and this variation just isn’t part of a cougar’s genetic make-up. So, you see, there has never been such thing as a black mountain lion.

01-Feb-19
Kyle that looks like your kind of woman

01-Feb-19

Fletch's Link
Interesting story....they do get off track at times but....

01-Feb-19
I saw a black coyote once, but he didn't have any hair

09-Feb-19
Jaguars once thrived in parts of Texas and arizons and have recently been caught on camera by USFW. I saw this on TV show, but nan not remember which one.

09-Feb-19
Last I heard, you could name the number of jaguars seen in Arizona on one hand

14-Feb-19

sitO's Link
Black Leopard photo'd in Africa

14-Feb-19
I bet the Chinese can’t wait to buy that off of a poacher.

14-Feb-19
Thronton, I'm going to call you out on that one. The reports of Jaguars have gone way up as of late in the upper class neighborhoods around Phoenix!

14-Feb-19

14-Feb-19
Jaguar cars maybe. Apparently black panthers are on the rise in Ks as well because I've met two people in the last month that swear they've seen them

14-Feb-19
7 Arizona jaguars in 20 years is not exactly a lot. As of last summer, one of three living in AZ had been poached.

01-Mar-19
I just read an article stating this mountain lion was 3 to 4 months old as weighed around 24 pounds.

I’ve fought a 3 lb cat before and it was no easy task, but this kind of takes the flare out of it:-)

01-Mar-19
And if it was that young, I’m wondering where “momma” was?

She couldn’t have been too far away unless separated somehow.

01-Mar-19
He should have waited til it was 4.5yrs old...and wasn't he from AR? Non-residents killing tomorrow's giants ;?)

01-Mar-19
Was it on a corn pile?

01-Mar-19
Ha!

Dang news media and all this investigative news... this guy went from “Man I want to have a beer with that guy” to “Hey fellas, here comes the kitty killer”.

Poor dude... got beat up by a Mountain Kitten and now he’s probably going to be ridiculed. Social media is relentless.

01-Mar-19

Zmax's embedded Photo
Zmax's embedded Photo
Zmax's embedded Photo
Zmax's embedded Photo
Infested

02-Mar-19
Where was that top pic taken? The second animal looks to be a cat.

02-Mar-19
Just a couple Bobcats

02-Mar-19
That bottom picture is a coyote.

02-Mar-19
That's why I said the top picture.

• Sitka Gear