Newhunter1 25-Feb-19
jpinkerton 28-Feb-19
LBshooter 09-May-19
jpinkerton 29-May-19
Newguy 09-Aug-21
LBshooter 29-Aug-21
Franzen 05-Sep-21
01-Feb-19
I know hunting leases are always a touchy subject and it seems like everyone is looking for one these days. I have exhausted every avenue in the hunt for a piece of ground that our hunting group could enjoy and teach our kids the correct ways to hunt. If you or anyone you know, may have a large tract of land that would be willing to lease for Deer and Turkey seasons, please let me know. We would treat the land as our own and would be willing to carry insurance to alleviate any doubts. We live in Trenton, IL, so we would like to try and get something within an hour drive. Feel free to text or email

Thank you

618-980-2205 [email protected]

02-Feb-19
I might be able to help you out but what were you looking for. Deer with bow and gun? And for how many people?

06-Feb-19
Not looking to hi-jack the thread, but I am also always looking for a nearby lease to help break up the public land hunting. Active Duty Air Force living in O'Fallon, IL and would be willing to throw in on a spot if its big enough to help offset costs. Archery only is what I'm looking for. More than willing to help around the property, hang stands, etc. and obviously treat it like home. - Joe 302-632-9450

10-Feb-19
It is tough as can be to get a reasonable lease these days. I lucked into about 300 acres with in a stones throw where the new world record non typical came form, looking forward to next deer season.

13-Feb-19
LB you aren't lying! Mind if I ask how you came across your lease?

19-Feb-19
Ditto...looking for a lease myself. Close or north of St. Louis on the Illinios side

19-Feb-19
Newhunter1. Sounds like we are in the same area. Maybe we can link up and hit some public together next season.

25-Feb-19
Thats cool JP...I see you are in Ofallon, IL. I hunt public land on Chouteau Island.

28-Feb-19
I have scanned that map, but never gave it a go. Are you getting out on the actual island which appears accessible only by boat? Seems like a big piece of property. My concern was how stacked with other hunters and deer it could really be.

09-May-19
Jp , a new neighbor moved in, he saw me spraying some arrows in the backyard and came out to chat. 5 mins into the conversation he said he own a farm and I was welcome to hunt it whenever I'd like, and stay his cabin. He hates deer due to the damage and he doesn't hunt so he said kill'em all lol

29-May-19
LB that is awesome! It sounds like you need a new hunting partner, haha.

09-Aug-21
Is anyone from this thread still in the area? I’m also looking for a bit of land to archery hunt on. I got stationed to Scott Air Force base this year and have been scrambling through public land ever since. It seems like most of the public land around here gets hit pretty hard. I currently live in breese but willing to travel anywhere. Thanks

29-Aug-21
Anyone in north east Illinois looking to lease some land? Get in touch soon, don't think it will last long.

05-Sep-21
So did you guys ever team up and get on that lease from the other thread or what?

• Sitka Gear