bjstcrusn 06-Feb-19
mattthehairy 06-Feb-19
Will 06-Feb-19
mattthehairy 06-Feb-19
Deerdawg 07-Feb-19
Deerdawg 07-Feb-19
Dthfrmabove 07-Feb-19
01-Feb-19
Whats up boys looking for a decent place to take my son near north reading. We have our normal spots horn pond, golden hills, Harold Parker etc... Anyone fish up that way that knows of any place good to try? I don't care what we catch as long as we see flags. Thanks

01-Feb-19

Will's Link
https://www.mass.gov/service-details/massachusetts-pond-maps-state-view

BJ - this should help. I dont know the north shore well... But the MDFW pond maps come with info on the fish species and the maps help pick good areas on new to you water. It's a great resource. I'd just look for ponds with a lot of warm water fish as they tend to be a faster bite through the ice which is probably good for the kiddo and you to have a blast.

01-Feb-19
Thank you Will!

01-Feb-19
Hey man, me and another guy from here will be out on Beck pond in Hamilton Sunday morning. If you and your boy are interested you are more than welcome to meet us out there.

01-Feb-19
Thank you hunt. Let me see what his hockey schedule looks like. If it's open we will meet You! I'll send you a p.m. if we do go thanks again for the offer

02-Feb-19
That's awesome guys - have fun!

02-Feb-19

bjstcrusn's embedded Photo
bjstcrusn's embedded Photo
Nice bass and just had a bald eagle fly over!!!

02-Feb-19
Just plain AWESOME!

02-Feb-19
Cool!

06-Feb-19

BoneHead's embedded Photo
BoneHead's embedded Photo

06-Feb-19
Tell us your secrets

06-Feb-19
It's all in the shiners...

06-Feb-19
That muskie could have eaten a 3 pound bass!

06-Feb-19
How u jig the worm right BJ

06-Feb-19
It's All in the hips!

06-Feb-19
Dang nice fish bonehead hoping to get into some of those this season myself.

BJ I fish up that way with a buddy every now and then. Field Pond at Harold Parker is always great for bass and sunfish. Saw a 7 pounder come out of there 2 seasons ago. I've also had luck at Bracket Pond which is a little more secluded but Field pond had a lot more action.

06-Feb-19
Dang - heck of a musky. Doesnt look like a tiger, was that Lake Champlain or up in the Allagash? Or just a pale tiger. Just curious - what a fish.

Joe's comment makes me think of a mount in the fishing department of "Mills Fleet Farm" (awesome store that is sort of like a high quality Walmart that sells decent outdoor gear and what not). They have a Musky that was caught in the Mississippi, roughly across the street from the Baxter MN store, which was well into the 40#'s range. The mounted musky is mouth agape about to eat a smallie. I have a 5.5# smallie on the wall... And the one the musky was about to eat was it's equal.

06-Feb-19
Yeah it looks like just a regular musky to me. I've been trying for tigers at Spy but no luck yet.

07-Feb-19
That's got to be a 25 -30 lb no? That is a big fish for Mass. I have fished Lake Champlain and surrounding lakes on the southern tip with a crew of 10+ guys for the last 40 years, an annual get together, and I do not recall any Pike that big. Getting that up through the hole takes a bit of skill. Next trip coming up end of month!

07-Feb-19
That's got to be a 25 -30 lb no? That is a big fish for Mass. I have fished Lake Champlain and surrounding lakes on the southern tip with a crew of 10+ guys for the last 40 years, an annual get together, and I do not recall any Pike that big. Getting that up through the hole takes a bit of skill. Next trip coming up end of month!

07-Feb-19
Don’t know if any muskies were ever stocked in Ma. Very impressive fish bone head. Wish you would chime back in and tell us where it was from. Does the CT River have any in it ?

• Sitka Gear