Mighty hunter 04-Feb-19
Mighty hunter 04-Feb-19
Mighty hunter 04-Feb-19
Mighty hunter 04-Feb-19
Mighty hunter 04-Feb-19
Mighty hunter 04-Feb-19
ground hunter 04-Feb-19
01-Feb-19
Went to a party at a friend's house tonight and meet a property owner with 80 acres just down the road. Swapped stores and found out a member of their hunting party shot the massive 8 pointer that roamed the area and my woods during the 2017 gun season. I hoped all 2018 season he was still alive and analyzed any trail can picture that caught antlers. It wasn't the biggest buck I ever chased but he was a goofy unique animal. Happy and sad. Awesome a hunter had the opportunity to harvest that brut, but i will miss the... whatever it was I was obsessed with. I hope he fathered many deer and passed on those mule deer looking splits.

02-Feb-19
I had pics of an 8 ptr for 5 yrs. We figured he was at least 7-8 yrs old. He topped out at maybe 140" but was a tank with really long tines. Quit getting pics over a yr ago and never heard of anyone killing him. Maybe shot miles away or laying dead somewhere of old age.

02-Feb-19
A friend shot my target buck this year on the 1st day of gun season. Could only get out a few times due to the flood damage. Sucks. A big massy 8 pt....and NO I am not glad...lol

04-Feb-19

Mighty hunter's embedded Photo
Here is the one the old lady shot, just a dandy!
Here is the one the old lady shot, just a dandy!
Have two story's to had to this. 1) about 7 years ago, had a buck show up early in year. He had 16 points, was out in food plot almost every day for the first 2 weeks of season, never got a shot. Got another picture of him first week of October, had a clue where he was bedding and hunted him hard. Never got another picture or ever seen him again. Talked to all the neighbors, no one got him or saw him. Fast forward 3-4 years, was talking to someone who owed land near me, he said that year we got all pictures of him, a 70 year old lady shot him with a crossbow about 1 mile from me! Was happy when I heard it but still have not size the rack in person which I would love too!

2) about 5 years ago on a different property, got a picture of a big 10 pointer, his browtines were uneven, so that's what we named him! At age 4 1/2, had him at 10 yards at first light, still could not see him through my peep sight...just had to watch him walk away. Next year at 5 1/2, I missed him. I thought he was at 25, ended up being 31 and shot low and took some of his hair off! Was just sick about it. The last two years, always got him on camera but never seen him in person. Got a call from neighbor Nov 2nd this year, saying he got him I was happy for him but was a little disappointed as well. Was hoping to close out the store on the deer. He was 8 years old and on his down hill slide but he was one massive body deer!

Got another deer we are after now, he's a big super wide 10( about 24 or 25 wide) not really tall tines, and next year he is mine!

04-Feb-19

Here is the one neighbor got
Here is the one neighbor got

04-Feb-19

04-Feb-19

Here is the year I missed right under him
Here is the year I missed right under him

04-Feb-19