TT-Pi 02-Feb-19
Deerdawg 04-Feb-19
Wapiti or Bust 16-Feb-19
Shawn 16-Feb-19
Deerhunter82 17-Feb-19
Dale Rheaume 18-Feb-19
01-Feb-19

Dale Rheaume's Link
Ever wish you could hunt a spot with 400+ deer per square mile and a year round whitetail season?

Well this guy does, and he’s doing it in the suburbs right outside DC.

Watch as he deals with the challenge of asking permission to hunt on private land of the wealthy power elite of the DC Beltway.

It just might be your next destination hunting spot...drop the wife and kids off at the Smithsonian, and hit the burbs for some time in the trees.

02-Feb-19
That's very cool

02-Feb-19
Just like fishing I’m a barrel.

02-Feb-19
That's a good vid Dale. It's amazing the number of deer in that area, totally different game than up here. Hard, in different ways for sure. Probably a great place to learn given the frequency you would see deer!

Embedding the vid Dale posted here:

02-Feb-19
To each his own but do I ever wish to hunt in conditions like that?.............No way. Where and how I hunt, being in as natural of an environment as possible seeing as little of mans activities as possible is what I seek out. Deer density is one of the last criteria when choosing a place to go. For me hunting is a vehicle to temporarily escape from this crazy modern society.

02-Feb-19
I totally agree Tekoa. Although he must have an amazing opportunity to learn about deer. I'm not sure if they mentioned it in the video, no time to watch it all, but I listened to him in a podcast last week and he said he takes 100+ deer a year!

02-Feb-19
Agreed Tekoa. There’s nothing like solitude. Getting in early; watching the sun come up while the forest critters begin their routine is amazing. A momentary escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

Sorry if my original post came off like a travel agent’s promotion. It was mostly tongue in cheek :)

What I appreciate most about the “urban hunter” in the video is that he is providing a much needed service to his community with regard to their over abundance of deer. It also appears that his fellow citizens appreciate his efforts. The fact he donates most of his harvest to Hunters for The Hungry is a testament to his character. He represents the outdoorsman well.

02-Feb-19
See what he's huntin from boy's. That there is a Kestral saddle.

02-Feb-19
Ninety percent of my hunting is done on suburban properties. We do well here and in PA we rarely sit a stand without seeing a deer. I enjoy hunting where I see deer and the property owners are thrilled to have us.

02-Feb-19
Population control ( taking a lot of deer) is not my thing but I would enjoy buck-hunting where there is so many. The standard would likely rise in the same way it does here but watching and seeing animals would be a very pleasant passing of the time.

And I would never go hungry... ; )

04-Feb-19
He is serving a need I guess. If I lived in a area like that I guess that would be the way you would have to hunt .. I would get sick of killing that many deer though. you think he makes money off this or purely for conservation management and food for hungry donations? Year round hunting.... I would have to part ways with my wife, to do that! I can relate to the suburban hunting, it has become part of my hunting strategy the last 20 years, before that I grew up hunting in Athol , Petersham and New Salem.

16-Feb-19
This guy was on wired to hunt podcast this week. He told a story he had to recover a deer in a Supreme Court Justice’s yard.

16-Feb-19
Whatever......totally jealous.

17-Feb-19

18-Feb-19
I just listened to the Wired to Hunt podcast too. He does all his work out of the saddle, and had some good tips on setup and climbing methods. He uses the new Predator Platform from Tethrd. Just received my saddle and platform, and tried it out in the yard yesterday (at 2 foot above ground). I think it's gonna be a game changer for me.

• Sitka Gear