ground hunter 03-Feb-19
CaptMike 03-Feb-19
buckmaster69 03-Feb-19
LTL JimBow 03-Feb-19
Drop Tine 03-Feb-19
happygolucky 04-Feb-19
02-Feb-19
The official hypocricy thread.

I'll start. Then, when a hypocrite jumps in I'll point that out. Better get your big girl panties on because you might not like the the upcoming snuggie.

How would you like this change to the seasons: Same as 2018, with the addition of real time harvest monitoring and authorization adjustment?

The idea being to prevent the Hbow harvest rate from exceeding the Vbow rate . Forget for now the concept of doing it in the other direction. Think of it the way the sturgeon spearing is controlled, only the season keeps opening back up when the Vbow rate catches up.

All harvests are already required by law to hit the data base by no later than next day. So every day DNR would update the website to notify when Hbow is not authorized starting the next day. Any time the H bow rate exceeds the Vbow rate there is no authorization for Hbow until Vbow catches up, and web site announces resumed open season.

Very simple. Solves all the lame arguments I have ever heard proffered about this fallacious 'rate disparity.'

Are the anti Hbow peeps OK with this? How could you not be? If not, why not?

02-Feb-19
I Buck tag fill it how ever you want. Simple.

02-Feb-19
Stick bows aren't ignored Jake. You just like to blow that horn because it makes you feel better.

02-Feb-19
" From: Jake 02-Feb-19

I respectfully disagree entirely. What if the vertical bow kill goes larger than the hbow. And why is it the stick bows AGAIN get ignored. They should have more consideration than either of the other two because they are the originals. "

Not sure what you mean. The way it is laid out in the OP the Hbows get to hunt some more whenever the Vbows catch up. Just so long as hbows do not obtain a higher rate, it satisfies and nullifies that silly rate argument.

02-Feb-19
DoorKnob - I have no idea what you are drinking, sniffing, snorting, injecting, or whatever the heck people do now days, but man cut back on the doses.

02-Feb-19
Definition of crossbow, noun Jake used the "crossbow" as a crutch. : a weapon for shooting quarrels and stones that consists chiefly of a short bow mounted crosswise near the end of a stock. Often used by mentally unstable people, incapable of drawing and holding a vertical bow.

02-Feb-19
Xgun start 11/20-1/5. Bow and arrow from 9/15-1/5. Done deal :)

02-Feb-19
Jake. The idea of separating out the sticks from the wheels is a great one. The fact that no one stood to die on that hill is telling now. That is another example of the hypocrisy.

The weekend is young, but so far we do not see a rush from the anti hbow crowd on the current topic.

I got all weekend. Don't forget to tip your waitress!!!

02-Feb-19
Mike Riesterer there are young adults and children who frequent this forum please have some decorum or you can just go back to your x gun nation.

There is no need for language like that . Don't be a sore loser if you can't win the argument.

02-Feb-19
Drop Tine --you continually address 1 Buck Rule for all.... Why? please give me the biological science behind that statement.... again, talk to me about wildlife science, not political science

02-Feb-19
So far I don't see much opposition to my idea....

02-Feb-19
Because DT wants to punish everyone since xguns are hammering bucks. Common sense tells us the xgun season needs to be cut in half at the least.

02-Feb-19
To complicated, won't work. Dates on a calendar are simple, not this idea. Not to mention forcing a guy to turn his phone on to check harvest when he may be trying to stay off grid for a few days to hunt is cruel and unusual punishment. I understand the point your trying to make but it's too much. Heck guys couldn't comprehend the transportation of game rules that where supposed to go into play last October. Those where caveman simple- cut meat off animal. Take meat home. Eat meat.

As for one buck, ha. I'm betting we'll get 3 buck tags before it goes down to one. Think about it. Kills (overall) are low, recruitment is low. Dnr can sell more license. And would really highlight our three separate deer seasons bow,X, gun.

02-Feb-19
because rate?

02-Feb-19
How about private land hunters play by different rules? We manage land ahead of the curve, and ignore nonsense that doesn't apply to us. We are allowed 4 deer every year. 2 does, 2 bucks, and we kill them within the guidelines provided. We take four deer every year, and provide enough resources to sustain a put and take that provides for neighboring properties. This only applies to those hunting pieces that exceed 400 acres.

I only say this, because I know I'm not alone when I feel like most of the beef is with people who have to share the resource with people who don't put, but instead, take. Having hunted a CWD zone from the beginning, I can assure you we've seen the lows of mismanagement, and when private land managers used their land as the ultimate tool into herd numbers and recovery, they soon realized there should be rules for a few types of hunters. Private land owners should have their land and resources accessed, then be allowed to hunt outside those rules that apply to people who contribute nothing, except the purchase of a tag....and perhaps a bag of corn lol.

Let me have it! I simply don't give a crap half the time about the misery many of you feel, because I don't feel the same strain that is felt due to the impact of those people who think in terms of what's in it for me, versus what's in it for us.

02-Feb-19
This is the first time I promoted such an idea. Someone else brought it up in the past ground hunter.

I didn’t agree with it in the past but this one simple change would end all arguments period. This site shows that groups, especially this one can’t share a resource.

RJN

I’ll repeat this once again. In 2011 - 2013 the vertical bowhunters killed 44,000, 45,000, and 41,000 Bucks. Where was the concern then for the bucks?? Why wasn’t there a call to shorten the bow season?? These numbers are all above the crossbow buck harvests.

02-Feb-19
"I’ll repeat this once again. In 2011 - 2013 the vertical bowhunters killed 44,000, 45,000, and 41,000 Bucks. Where was the concern then for the bucks?? Why wasn’t there a call to shorten the bow season?? These numbers are all above the crossbow buck harvests."

You are doing the politician thing again. Spinning things to fit your narrative. You conveniently leave out how it was a larger number of bowhunters that did that killing. There were also crossbow kills mixed in there for elderly/disabled as there was no separate tagging then.

02-Feb-19
And now those same peeps have switched weapons and still shooting the same deer and it is .... a big deal?

02-Feb-19
Well in this case the truth fits. Answer my question!

Where was the concern in 2011 - 2013? I mean if we are to save the bucks so gun hunters can shoot them.

Your point about crossbow hunters included in those numbers is a mute point because even with their own season the overall harvest has not gone up and has actually declined looking at the WHOLE picture.

03-Feb-19
New day, new ideas. Unfortunately, nothing new with the crutchbow users who try to put forth the same lame arguments.

03-Feb-19
"Crutchbow" is the Wisconsin forum word of the year, lets keep it alive. How many on here really have hunted with a scoped crutchbow,...... but have not yet admitted it?

03-Feb-19
I have never hunted with a cross gun. I have sighted my dads cross gun in for him. Kids were upset at first ......thought I was gonna quit when I could not pull bow back. Told them I will be hunting with a bow with 30 lb weight. NEVER WILL I HUNT WITH A CROSS GUN

03-Feb-19
Drop Tine, okay,,,, I respectfully disagree on one buck rule, at present time, but hey we all have our opinions.....

Missouri I will stand by what I have said in the past. I think crossbows should be used in any season there is a gun season, its that simple, except for disabled, those who can show reason for a permit, and 65 and over.

I think crossbows are a lot of fun, but again, I think there should not be full inclusion.

I might be wrong, but that is what I think. However, right now they are legal, so that is the rule. One guy using a cross bow in the woods, is not affecting my hunt....... Only way it would affect my hunt, is change of seasons, which may come, and again those pushing the one buck rule, because of it........

On a good note, I could not be in 2 places at one time. When I hit this sportsman rummage sale yesterday, there was so much stuff, I got caught up in it for the day. What was fun to see, is all the youngsters, early teen guys, buying all kinds of stuff, getting good deals, on guns and equipment, at great prices... I do not see your youth backing away from the outdoors, there was plenty of them there

03-Feb-19
DT.... one thing that was brought up every time......one buck.... cross gunners said it would NEVER happen. MORE LIES to add to the list.

03-Feb-19
Where are the anti hbow guys? why are they not accepting this proposal that implements their rate argument? Did they realize the rate idea was bogus?

03-Feb-19
So where was the concern in 2011 - 2013?

03-Feb-19
boy, that plan would certainly shoot to bleep any plans other then for opening weekend.

03-Feb-19
I was at a gun show today,,,(found a great holster I needed, and a magazine that was hard to find),,,, anyway talking to a DNR guy and he said, from what he can see, a 3 buck rule, may be coming down the pike, in CWD zones,,,,, wow

03-Feb-19
"anyway talking to a DNR guy and he said, from what he can see, a 3 buck rule, may be coming down the pike, in CWD zones,,,,, wow" I echo that "wow" comment. If they continue down that path, they will be cheapening our most popular big game animal into nothing more than a nuisance or pest. Very sad.

03-Feb-19
Drop Tine please explain how one buck per season would work when you have group bagging during the gun season

03-Feb-19
The numbers in this case harvest rates will likely be manipulated to allow the continuation of excessive technology. This ensures a continual assault on fair chase . The use of harvest rates to determine how the hunt looks is the easy way out . This ( no real restrictions on technology) would be the industry's dream come true . A continual parade of garbage for everyone to debate .

03-Feb-19
Buck.... make it that you have to have a unused buck tag to participate in group hunting of bucks.

Sure it will get abused but I would like to think that most hunters abide by the regulations.

Group bagging should be eliminated before we look at season reductions.

04-Feb-19
make it that you have to have a unused buck tag to participate in group hunting of bucks.

I agree that a person should still have to have a valid unused tag in order to continue hunting.

I've said all I have to say on the xbow thing. There is nothing new to say until the season structure decision is rendered. Those things continue to impact so many people's lives on this board that they can't help but say the same stuff over and over on a daily basis. Crossbow Derangement Syndrome is definitely a thing on the WI board.

• Sitka Gear