Jack Whitmrie jr 24-Feb-19
MDW 25-Feb-19
One Arrow 25-Feb-19
Mission man 26-Feb-19
Mission man 26-Feb-19
Mission man 26-Feb-19
keepemsharp 26-Feb-19
04-Feb-19
The KBA convention is right around the corner, Feb 22-24th in Hutchinson KS at the Atrium Hotel and Convention center. The KBA is an exceptional bunch of folks fighting for our rights as Bowhunters in KS, as well as a fraternity of like minded outdoorsmen and women.

If you aren't a member of the KBA but have thought about joining, I would like to help. I'll pay the first year's membership due's for the first 5 people interested. This includes the Kansas Bowhunter Magazine which is published every other month. You can then decide if the KBA is something you'd like to support, and be a part of going forward. Once a member, you can then attend the KBA Convention for only $25($40 at the door) and meet some of these good people yourself. At the Convention you can attend the presentation from the KDWP, participate in the raffles/live auction at the convention dinner, and many other events. Lots of the animals you've seen here, and many more will be on display as well. The speaker this year is Clay Hayes, wildlife biologist, primitive bowhunter, and author.

If interested, send me a PM with your name & address and we'll get you signed up to be a member.

05-Feb-19
Thanks Kyle

12-Feb-19
Got a couple more to give, why not?

13-Feb-19
Good stuff Kyle!

18-Feb-19

Griff's embedded Photo
Griff's embedded Photo
Thanks again Kyle for all the great things you do!!

I have attached a photo of the traditional side quiver that I made for the Auction at the Convention this weekend.

22-Feb-19
Weather looks like it’s gonna be great for an indoor banquet and auction! Come one, come all. I’ll buy you a beer if you come, Thornton. You too, writer. James? Should be a good time.

22-Feb-19
Do you have to be a member to go in and check things out? I am assuming you can join on the spot.

22-Feb-19
Doesn't matter... If you do, Kyle will pay for your membership.

22-Feb-19
You have any spots left for Jeff, Kyle?

22-Feb-19
Jeff, in the past the public was welcome to most of the weekend. They’ve sold memberships in the past. Fu time. No way in heck I’m sharing beer with a bunch of Wildcats, Chern!!!! But only because I’m up at Pheasant Fest. Have fun! Take pics and video if Kyle is having too much fun!

22-Feb-19
Thanks for the invite cherney, I for sure want to get up there some day; but alas, it won't be this year.

22-Feb-19
The wife and I have plans on going depending on blizzard warnings for Garden City and if it really happens. Fingers are crossed the meteorologists are wrong again.

22-Feb-19

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I will send Uber's for your butt's! Get here!

Jeff, either way...and I owe you a membership for the "Brillo pad" comment ;?)

Lots of stuff showing up!

22-Feb-19
LOL I would pay for my own membership though. Save that for someone else less fortunate. Who has the long bows and recurves there? That is what would interest me. 10 inches of snow tomorrow so I don't know.

22-Feb-19

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Wild Horse Creek - Mike Dunnaway...beautiful work. There are also other vendors selling trad eq.

KDWP just rolled in these three...do you recognize them? The one in the middle was supposed to "set the world afire".

22-Feb-19
Spooky.

I’m assuming all those were poached?

22-Feb-19
Spooky.

I’m assuming all those were poached?

22-Feb-19
Yep...the shame mounts

23-Feb-19
I'm going to join the KBA , my buddy already joined .

24-Feb-19
Sito,

Thanks for all you do for Bowhunters and the passion you have for Bowhunters. From memberships to donated prizes you brought alot of smiles to alot of people.

24-Feb-19
There's a BUNCH of folks in the KBA and elsewhere doing much more, and you're a part of that too Matte...but I appreciate the kind words.

It was a heck of a weekend spent with some of the best folks I know. As I mentioned in the CWD thread we had a great group from the KDWP & KSU there all day Saturday, and at our dinner/auction including Brad Loveless(KDWP Secretary). I for one was really impressed in his genuine address and responses to all questions, I think we have a good one this time! Bob Funke and other KDWP wardens were there all weekend to display the poached bucks I posted above, and to field questions, great guys! Jim Willems, President of the P&Y was also there all weekend...he brought his huge KS whitetail from this year, and Clay Hayes was our speaker...just watch his video below(also shown at our dinner) and you'll see what he's made of, awesome dude!

Lots of others in attendence you all would know, and lots you'd be better off for knowing! The KBA is a small group but we'd sure like to grow it, so I hope some of you guys will make plans to join us next year or at any of the events throughout the year...we need ya!

P.S. Jack, I sent you another PM

24-Feb-19
I relied back , thank you!

25-Feb-19
As for the buck on the right side, the wife of the poacher all but had the money Cabela's was offering spent. When she tried to get in the middle of the discussion when it was confiscated, KDWPT offered her a set of shiny bracelets if she didn't back off!

25-Feb-19
Brad Loveless is a good dude. Worked with him on a couple of projects through the Westar Greenteam with our school. Very knowledgeable

26-Feb-19
Great thread and it reminds me I need to renew. I also follow Clay Hayes , the dude is a traditionalist at heart and knows his stuff. He is also a great advocate and spokes person for archery in general! He does a great board bow build a long on YouTube if anyone would like to try their hand at building a self bow . I’ve got a hickory one started but with rotator cuff surgery going to have to put that on hold .

26-Feb-19
And I see I’m a day late and a dollar short on this thread my apologies.

26-Feb-19
And I see I’m a day late and a dollar short on this thread my apologies.

26-Feb-19
Brad did really nice program Sat. evening. Some may have been away because of weather but it was a great weekend.

• Sitka Gear