smarba 12-Feb-19
Oryx35 12-Feb-19
mrelite 12-Feb-19
HDE 13-Feb-19
Flyfishfreak 13-Feb-19
Oryx35 13-Feb-19
HDE 13-Feb-19
05-Feb-19
Hello fellow hunters I am new to the new Mexico hunting. I started looking into antelope tags. I need help, how does it work. I called wildlife Dept and the person was not very clear. You can apply for public tags and ranch only tags. Do you have to pay rancher for the ranch only tags?

06-Feb-19
RO will have a tresspass fee implemented by the LO.

The others are public draw for public land with a quota, or license cap, for each unit or combination of units.

08-Feb-19
I've not been able to draw a NM antelope archery tag in over 20 years, so don't get your hopes up. Best best is WY.

12-Feb-19
Me too Squirrel: no pronghorn tag in 20 years.

12-Feb-19
I've had 1 New Mexico antelope tag in the last 20 years, but I'm hoping for a little better luck now that there are a few more tags in the public draw.

12-Feb-19
It's been since 1988 for my last tag!

13-Feb-19
It's been never since I've had one...

13-Feb-19
I've drawn the last two years , in 2017 was a rifle hunt and assigned to a huge ranch with 3 other hunters but the ranch was so big never saw the other two, killed a nice buck and last year drew an archery hunt and had a monster size helping of humble pie with my shooting....I hadn't drawn since 2002 and had drawn 3 tags in 4 years back then...They are such amazing and fun animals to hunt and I personally love the meat, but man its so hard to draw and with the new system Im afraid I may never have a chance without bumping into over crowded public areas and wonder how much more difficult to draw???? I sure wish Wyoming wasn't so far I heard a hunter can get 3 doe tags...

13-Feb-19
Depending on the unit, you can get 4 doe tags over the counter in Wyoming. My buddy and I stack them up every couple years. Great eating, but it's a long drive!

13-Feb-19
Have to wait to see what the draw brings - I have enough points in UT for a doe antelope, should be able to draw one if NM isn't generous this year.

• Sitka Gear