IQO 22-Feb-19
Reaper04 22-Feb-19
RC 22-Feb-19
07-Feb-19

Bowgoon's embedded Photo
taken in Ohio
Bowgoon's embedded Photo
taken in Ohio
I was just curious how many of y'all hunt in other states and how your season went in those states?

07-Feb-19
Hunted North Carolina with a Bow and a Semi-Auto in 300 BlackOut. ON SUNDAY this past November the week prior to Thanksgiving.

07-Feb-19
I was stationed in NC, never made it out to hunt though. Same thing when I was stationed in Alaska, that one I really regret not getting out!

07-Feb-19
You Can Hunt Other States And On Sundays???? NOWAY!!! :)

Bowgoon,,, Well are you just chatting white tails or other game?

07-Feb-19
I only hunt whitetails but all is welcomed! I just started this thread to see everyones success in other states or even here in Pa.

07-Feb-19
Yes. Back in the day when i was still working, I purposely scheduled my days out of state, with Sunday hunting in mind. The concept of Sunday hunting was new to me then. Been doing it for more than 30 years. Although, with land access being what it is today, its becoming harder.

07-Feb-19

Bowgoon's embedded Photo
First day 2017 Ohio buck
Bowgoon's embedded Photo
First day 2017 Ohio buck
I go to Ohio for a week in November (DIY hunt), we arrive on a Sunday and leave on a Sunday but we don't hunt when we arrive because we're pretty beat from the drive and want to rest for the weeks all day sits (or until you get one).

I was able to harvest a buck on the first day two years ago and it sucked sitting around all day waiting for the other guys to have success...

07-Feb-19
I hunt MD. Helps me fill the freezer, their season is in way longer, less hunting pressure on state where i hunt and then there’s the Sunday hunting thing that they allow....;^)

07-Feb-19
Eight of us go to SC for a trad only, week long, no fence, hog hunt every year. We've been doing this for the last ten years. It's a great spring break for us.

The sights, smells, and sounds in those cypress swamps are really something. All standing water gets attention with the potential for alligators. Deer hunting around here is boring in comparison.

Last year I saw over 3doz hogs but only the small ones were close enough. They got a pass. The group did kill four mature hogs on last years hunt.

This years hunt will be the end of March.

07-Feb-19
stick n string, I'd like to hunt MD one day, just have to do research on good areas before I make that drive.

07-Feb-19
Red Beastmaster, I hunted a few times for deer, turkey and hogs while I was stationed in SC but never was successful there.

07-Feb-19
Where u located Danny?

07-Feb-19
use to hunt PA and MD. Md started getting really crappy.. so now just PA but i try to now sprinkle in an elk hunt every year (unsuccessfully so far though).

07-Feb-19
stick n string, I live in Lebanon County

07-Feb-19
Our group goes to Ohio every year in Nov and I have an invite to Texas pending so I hope to add that great state to my list in the next few years.

09-Feb-19
I have taken bucks in Ohio and W. VA. with trad-bows and a buck in Georgia with a rifle. Now that I am retired and can spend a couple months after Christmas in the south I plan to hunt GA and Alabama in the future. Very liberal (and long) bag limits and seasons down here. Light hunting pressure too.

09-Feb-19
Bonafide,

Take advantage of the Texas hunt invite. One of the most memorable hunts I've been on was a south TX hunt in Laredo. It's not a pretty place, but the thorny brush and cactus was full of game. 14 stickbow hunters killed 15 javelina and 1 hog. Pretty cool hunt.

I've hunted deer in MD, OH, KY, and WV. Yeah, it was fun. But it was just deer. I have deer here in my yard. For a real blast go someplace with a different environment for a different game species.

09-Feb-19

Bob's embedded Photo
Bob's embedded Photo

Bob's Link
I agree with Beastmaster. Anyone thinking about hunting out of state should consider a hunt in a different environment for a different game species. My family and I live in Pennsylvania and outfit on a ranch in Wyoming for pronghorn. The cost is about as economical as it gets for a fully guided hunt. You stay right on the ranch, have home cooked meals, blinds are set up on water and on alfalfa fields. Its a fun hunt. You will see pronghorn. Bob

12-Feb-19
Red- I plan on it, I've made a new friend in the process. The guy is from Pa and lives in Tx since he got out of the service years ago, came home to hunt with his elderly father who fell on the side of a mountain in Tioga Co on opening day of gun thus making him realize he's done so they left that day for home. The son had the whole week to hunt and no where to go, so his sister is a mutual friend myself and my wife have worked with for years, she contacted me to see if I wanted a partner for the week. I already took my buck so I was not hunting, I had him hunt outback my house(Northampton Co) all first week, saw deer almost every day but no shooters. He extended the offer as a thank you and we've since become good friends and we text often. I plan on making it a regular thing if he's ok with it. He's also got an open invite to hunt my place when we buy our new home in the next few months. The cam pics he has sent me are jaw dropping. Monsters

12-Feb-19
Thats awesome bonafide. What you sow is what you reap... Awesome deal

12-Feb-19
I hunt out west, for elk, pronghorn and sometimes mule deer. I've done it since about 1989, when I did my first elk hunt. I've since made it out west all but about 5 years. In 2017 just as I was about to put in for western tags (late winter) I found out my long time girl friend had breast cancer, so I put fall of 2017 off not knowing what was up. well that went very well for her and for some reason I just din't plan a 2018 hunt. So as I type this I'm planning/researching a Montana elk for this fall.. Now that hunt is not set in stone right yet. . So it could be a otc elk some where if I don't gather info I like. I have a meeting (shooting 3d Wednesday night) with 2 guys that have a spot that's about 3 to 4 hours in that they saw a lot of elk and killed 2 last year. To far for their day hunts that they did. I like to backpack in and they said it would be perfect for my style of hunting. My go to spot that I've hunted over a 100 day in is a 8 hour hike and a lot of elevation chance.. So this only being 3 to 4 hour and not a lot of elevation chance sounds nice.

As for local out of state white tail hunting, being that I only live 45 minutes from Ny and about 1 hour from Nj I have not done it in quite a few years.. Used to do it a lot, but back then I had guys that wanted to hunt in Ny and Nj and we would camp in the Rv.. Now I can't find anyone that wants to bow hunt in Ny or Nj or I can't find any local guys that even want to hunt out west anymore. All my local bowhunting friend just want to go out west with guns. This Summer I'm planning on checking out my old hunting grounds in Ny just to see If it is as good as it used to be. I know the last time I was up that way I stopped into a local sporting shop and the owner said that the hunter numbers are down about 60% from what it used to be. So maybe it will be a good place to get back to hunting. Even when I did hunt there, I didn't see many hunters.

13-Feb-19
Hunted 4 states outside PA, 2 Canadian provinces and Argentina last year. Planning to do about the same this year.

13-Feb-19
I've hunted 3 years for Whitetail DIY in Wisconsin and 3 years for elk OTC in Colorado. I try to hunt out of state once a year. I live 15 mins from NJ and have never even once considered hunting there, but that may change at some point.

13-Feb-19
Been pretty much a PA whitetail hunter most of my life. That's gonna change this September when I point my Tacoma west and head out for my first DIY elk hunt.

14-Feb-19
My Pronghorn hunt to the Gillette, Wyoming area was the greatest. Tried for a day with the bow then took one with a rifle. We only had 3 days and it was already October. It was a DIY hunt not catering to bowhunting. I would like to take Kathy out there for bow season.

14-Feb-19
I do Iowa, take a about four years to get drawn and I have done a couple other places also. Where were you in NC? I was able to take a couple deer and gobblers in NC.

15-Feb-19
I hunted near Rocky Mount twice without scoring on deer. Did see some. I love peanut fields.

15-Feb-19

Bob's embedded Photo
Bob's embedded Photo
Art, We would love to have you and Kathy hunt with us in Wyoming. Its the perfect hunt for couples and families. August 21st thru the 24th is available. We can accommodate up to 4 hunters at a time.

22-Feb-19
IQO, I was stationed at Fort Bragg..

22-Feb-19

IQO's embedded Photo
IQO's embedded Photo
Reaper, I was at Bragg too. Bravo 2/325......AIRBORNE!

22-Feb-19
IQO, I was with 7th Group while I was there

22-Feb-19
Iowa, Montana, and New Mexico...

5 X 5 bow kill in New Mexico

• Sitka Gear