cherney12 07-Feb-19
sitO 07-Feb-19
Kansasclipper 07-Feb-19
NativeHunter 08-Feb-19
NativeHunter 08-Feb-19
Cheesehead Mike 08-Feb-19
NativeHunter 08-Feb-19
07-Feb-19
I've had some Bogs Blaze 1000 gram tall rubber hunting boots for about 5 years. They are warm and comfortable, but the problem is that soles come unglued after about 2 seasons. They replaced the first pair as they were under warranty. The 2nd pair started coming unglued this past season. I glued the sole on but it's not lasting and starting to leak. They only offer 1 yr. warranty now so no more help from them. Seems most others only offer 1 year as well. I'm looking for similar tall, waterproof, warm, rubber or neoprene boots. Most important is they keep my feet warm and dry for 3+ hour sits in open stands when the temp is well below freezing. I've looked at Muck Arctic Ice XF Rubber and Arctic Pro, as well as LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro1000g on the internet, but not in a store. Can't really tell what you're buying on the internet. I definitely prefer these tall, waterproof insulated boots over the standard boot. Anyone use these boots or something similar that they'd recommend? Seems they all have glued on outsoles so no telling if another brand would last any longer or not.

07-Feb-19
I have a pair of the cabelas zoned version. I like them. Haven’t been cold yet and hunted several days under 10 degrees this year. My dad has a pair of the red wing Irish setter brand. They are much lighter and maybe more comfortable but quite a bit more expensive.

07-Feb-19
Look at the Muck "Arctic Ice Tall" neoprenes, on sale now at REI.

07-Feb-19
Years ago I used to have the same trouble with boots coming unglued, rotting, etc. Then I got smart and started using a boot dryer. Boots last forever now and never any odor.

08-Feb-19
I don't spend that much time at all with these boots in the water. The insides have never gotten wet until a few weeks ago when breaking up ice to duck hunt. I think the cold might have more effect on them coming unglued than anything. Each time it's happened it's been after December. Could just be the glue that Bogs uses. They were good boots overall but can't keep replacing them every few years as much as they cost. I was just wondering what some of y'all wear.

08-Feb-19
Cherney, Are the Irish Setter boots you're talking about called Rutmaster? Those look promising, but a little concerned if they'll be warm enough when it's really cold. How long has your dad had them?

08-Feb-19
I have older LaCrosse Alpha Burley's and a pair of Muck Woody Max and Muck Arctic's

I would definitely go with Muck boots. The Woody Max are my go-to boots, they're very warm, light and comfortable. The LaCrosse Alpha Burley's cracked in several spots, they're much heavier, not as comfortable and they chafed my ankles when I walked long distances.

08-Feb-19
Well, if they are Rutmasters, the reviews are terrible on their own website. 39 single star ratings out of 55. Seems they have a problem with the rubber on the heels tearing open.

Good info Cheese. Muck's are back in the lead!

• Sitka Gear