08-Feb-19

Wapiti or Bust 's embedded Photo

08-Feb-19
I would say yes

08-Feb-19
He’d better not kill anything that would be bad.

08-Feb-19
Very clever

08-Feb-19
I guess you drop corn in the middle?

09-Feb-19
Yup for sure. Drop the corn and keep ur fingers crossed the wire knocks em off

09-Feb-19
Drop corn there and cross your fingers that the diet change in the winter doesn’t kill the deer you are hunting. Supplemental feeding isn’t smart. Deer thrive in much harsher environments than MA. Let nature do its thing.

10-Feb-19
Ged x2.

12-Feb-19
Yup.

13-Feb-19
GED3

13-Feb-19

hickstick's embedded Photo
hickstick's embedded Photo

13-Feb-19
Good one Hickstick!

Apparently, it worked on bug-eyes ... "he's got no headgear"

13-Feb-19
Few years back out scouting, I spied a couple of nice bucks a few hundred yards up on edge of field so I snuck up and see these trees shaking like crazy. it would stop for a bit then start up again! I'm thinking its one of the big bucks rubbing or they were sparing! I keep creeping up, I get to within 30 yards of the Shakin Tree on field edge and out trots and right bye me a buck with his tongue hanging out! Still perplexed, so I go in to where the "shakin tree" is and I see the same type of fence as picture above , its was all grown in. When I spooked this bachelor group they took off, this one had its head stuck in the fence and could not get out, thus all the shakin tree's! There was hair and saliva all over the fencing. So now I am always looking for Shakin Trees! LOL

13-Feb-19
DD, no joke, about 10 years ago, a buddy shot a buck sort of like that. It was gun, I dont recall SG or ML. He's hiking out a bit early, close to sunset, when he see's a deer lunging around but not moving at a river crossing. Body is in the river (shallow stream really), and he couldnt see the head due to a tree. He keeps creeping up only to discover that the dang buck had some how slipped coming up out of the river and got it's antlers stuck in a split tree. they must have gone in, and as the deer slipped, they wedged, and it's weight had it stuck.

He shot it, unhooked the antlers, and ate backstraps :). It was a small one, probably 2.5 or a good sized 1.5, a six as I recall. Better to be lucky than good some times :)

He's both... But in that case, luck won.

13-Feb-19
Yea, take it down please. And PLEASE dont feed !

13-Feb-19
Will that’s crazy! I wasn’t even hunting at the time. The area was an old farm and the old pen grew in within all whips and briar. I have shakin tree syndrome now! I shot a buck one year rubbing a tree like that during archery, I came up over a small knoll and he was thrashing a tree looking away. STS for real! Lol

• Sitka Gear