upnorth 09-Feb-19
grindersonly 11-Feb-19
RUGER1022 11-Feb-19
Pete-pec 11-Feb-19
Fivers 11-Feb-19
RUGER1022 11-Feb-19
ground hunter 11-Feb-19
08-Feb-19
I have two, I will post one to get things going. Disclaimer, put your coffee down first.

I was setup next to a wooded field access road with a doe decoy about 15 yards from me and close to that road. It was rut time or at least really close to it. A small buck came down that road, maybe 6 point but not sure now. He heads straight for the decoy and mounts it immediately. He rides her for maybe 20 seconds when her legs collapse and he falls right to the ground with her. Gets up, looks around as if to be sure nobody saw that. Walks back up the road about 15 yards and looks at her for a couple minutes. I am still doing all I can to hold back the laughs that were boiling inside me. He walks up to her nudging her with his nose a few times and walks away. Then I am thinking what is he gonna do when he comes across another doe. Oh, the socket where the decoy's back leg attaches to the body broke in the fall.

08-Feb-19
Decoying is my favorite way to hunt in general, waterfowl/ turkeys etc.. I have not given decoys a fare shot for deer though. I’d like to try it early season this year since it looks so entertaining.

08-Feb-19
Nothing really unusual just the nosey neighbor stopped his truck looked at the doe decoy for a while until he saw me waving at him and his shocked look on his face was priceless.

09-Feb-19
I sold a few of the Mojo deer targets . They were around 300$ 10 years ago .I ask one of the guys that uses it in Illinois how it worked . He said to good the first day he used it there was a large 10 point in a field when he moved the head on the decoy he said the buck came at it running and blew the thing up . I hunted with him a couple years ago in Missouri he put it out the front legs were taped and glued on and he also had parts of the body taped .

11-Feb-19
I killed a buck over a decoy that after the shot must have thought the other "buck" had gored him because he hopped twice after the shot and pinned his ears back and came right back at the decoy. I shot him again and he died 20 steps from the base of the tree.

another time I had a buck literally come running full speed and smashed into the decoy and it blew up and he just kept right on running. it was comical.

11-Feb-19
The Trojan horse . When I lived out west I drew a hard to get Lope tag . Problem was the Lopes woyld spend daylite sitting out in the desert flats where they could see for mules .

We built a wild horse body out of a 4x8 1/2 in plywood with no legs . My partner & I were the legs . It worked so good , we walked within 30 yards of Lopes . Its still being used by my old huntin oartners .

We also used a Trojan Cow to sneak up on Geese sitting waaay out in big fields . Arrowed several that way .

11-Feb-19
I've had many encounters. Not sure they are unusual, because I'm very confident with mine, and have seen too many interactions to call it unusual.

Had a 10 point 2 year old mount it twice, finally tipping it over.

The best hunt, was the 3rd day of the season opener, we had unusually cool weather. It frosted that morning. I put the decoy out, rattled at first light, and a nice buck came in to point blank range. I was hunting on the ground. He came in full speed immediately. I shot him at 20 feet through the heart. He turned to run, looking over his shoulder, I grunted, and he came back. I watched the blood pour out of him, and saw his eyes roll into the back of his head. He reared up, and fell on his back, pinning his antlers in the dirt.

They are a great tool. In association with a good grunt call, and rattling horns, hunt in an open field, you will see action. I prefer a scrubby little rack I put on mine. Any and all deer are set at ease by the smaller framed deer. Doe decoys are useless in my opinion. It puts deer on edge normally. One thing I do, is rub the deer down with natural grasses and I wear latex gloves when touching it. The deer seem oblivious to you, and are very focused on the decoy. They can put deer on edge, but they really do interact with it.

This year, I had a bachelor group of 6 yearling bucks come into my one and only time I used it this year. 4 of them simultaneously sparred each other in a cloverleaf pattern. Very exciting tool. When used correctly. It will teach you what you're doing wrong... and right.

11-Feb-19
I had a one antlered decoy set up about 10 yards from me sitting on the ground, a small spike walked up to it, stood next to it for about a minute, walked behind it and mounted it, backed off, walked to the front of the decoy and bumped it in the neck a few times with his spikes, went back to the side of the decoy and just stood by it for about 2 more minutes and finally decided to walk away. I had a hard time not laughing the whole time this was going on, just steps from me.

11-Feb-19
Proof Tony that at 1 time we were ALL young, dumb & full of ......

11-Feb-19
I use the Ultimate Deer decoy on my bow, for several set ups, this year ..... killed one doe, with it, and had fun, with some small bucks....... going to be using the turkey one this spring.....

• Sitka Gear