12-Feb-19
What's the best thing about bowhunting?

12-Feb-19

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
The Challenge , The month of Oct .

Teaching 9 grandkids

12-Feb-19
The feeling of my soul being free. Knowing I am in Gods country and pursuing game the way he intended us to do.

12-Feb-19
Peace and solitude in the woods. Up close encounters with various critters. Time spent with family and friends discussing the sits.

12-Feb-19
Being a spectator to nature. Nothing beats the quiet time in a stand, watching and observing so much of God’s creation.

12-Feb-19
The hunt and watching that arrow in flight hit it's mark.

12-Feb-19
The challenge. Carrying on the tradition. The camaraderie. Internalizing and following the rules of fair chase. Learning about, sharing, and becoming part of the natural landscape and environment. Submitting to and overcoming adverse situations. In the end perhaps the best thing about bowhunting is that we can do it again, for me maybe the best answer is, "more bowhunting."

12-Feb-19
Being able to share it and seeing things through the eyes of a novice that I at times now take for granted. It’s a stark reminder on how glorious gods creations are.

12-Feb-19
The solitude of just being out in nature. Time to reflect on many things, my kids, wife, my life so far and how lucky I am to be out in God's country.

12-Feb-19
The tradition, the discipline and the challenge.

12-Feb-19
Just watching nature do its thing. And just waiting and hoping for the buck of my dreams to come strolling by. Which hardly ever happens! And when it does, hoping it all comes together....which again hardly ever happens!

12-Feb-19
Bowhunting for me, is not about nature at all, I can get that easily all the time. Its not about solitude or reflection or anything like that.... to me its about the ultimate chase, with a simple tool, taking a nice buck,,,,, I am focused and driven, and its just too much fun.....

I am a very aggressive hunter, stand, ground, stalking, decoy, what ever, I try it all, and I hunt all day,,,,,, staying at the cabin, is just wasting time,,,, If I need a nap, I take it in the woods

12-Feb-19
The solitude in the woods....the solo endeavor and the change of seasons. Fall is a magical time and gets the engine primed.

12-Feb-19
The quiet. Me & the woods. I've been doing it for over 50 years, and while I now hunt on different terms, I still hunt.

12-Feb-19
I would have to say it is the anticipation. Not knowing what is going to happen on any given sit, what may walk past. Hearing a sound or grunt moving your way, it really gets the blood pumping. It's also the whole process. Prepping, researching, practicing, learning, and working hard are all things that help make success that much rewarding.

12-Feb-19
Solitude

12-Feb-19
Capt Mike said it perfectly. Being a spectator to nature

12-Feb-19
For me it's just getting away from the hectic world we live in and nothing beats watching the woods come alive in the mornings.

13-Feb-19
Sunrises and sunsets. Second to that is the rush of adrenaline you get when you hear the leaves crunching but can’t see what’s coming yet.

13-Feb-19
1. Not being at work 2. Not being at home 3. Fooling a deers senses when they are close. 4. Preparation for the season. Planting trees, plots, hinge cuts, setting stands, etc and then reaping the reward of seeing deer use our land.

13-Feb-19
Getting out of the house!

14-Feb-19
It's the whole experience. Everything listed above by all the dedicated bowhunters here. Including everything from scouting, the physical work of walking, hanging stands, and practicing with the bow all the way through enjoying the meat if we are successful. Remembering past seasons and dreaming of seasons to come. Constantly learning new things. I don't know of any other hobby that offers or compares to bowhunting.

14-Feb-19
"...I don't know of any other hobby that offers or compares to bowhunting."

Well said. I'm thinking a lot of fellows frequenting this thread feel that way.

14-Feb-19
The anticipation, then just relax when you get on stand. Flush all those gotta get this or that done out of your mind and focus on relaxing for hours. Then when a deer sneaks into your viewing area all the better.

14-Feb-19
It's a time when looking within so intently, that it sounds audible. I feel more in tune to my animal that is hidden deep in my recessive genes. It's a constant learning experience that I hope never ends. The stages we go through as hunters is ultimately what keeps us going. I'm now at a stage where killing seems easy, and yet difficult. Easy to kill the animal, and a bit of remorse for taking an animal I actually love to pursue. Many reasons why I love to bow hunt. Mostly because I'm alone.

14-Feb-19
What's the best thing about bowhunting?

Watching em’ tip over! } >>>>———->

• Sitka Gear