BGbasbhat 19-Mar-19
elktrax 19-Mar-19
notags 19-Mar-19
AZ8 19-Mar-19
elktrax 01-Apr-19
13-Feb-19

elktrax's embedded Photo
elktrax's embedded Photo
Yes it's that time again. Hope everyone got in and put in there favorite unit. Here we GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! GOOD LUCK ALL. TIC TOC TIC TOC TIC TOC

13-Feb-19
#sweating.... I'm already bracing my wife for the chaos of September....can't wait.

13-Feb-19
16 more days and we’ll know if we’re going hunting!

14-Feb-19
Does lope come out same time? I jumped into the AZ game with my daughter, so I am learning as I go. I only did points and put her in for some different muzzy hunts...

15-Feb-19
They will hit the credit cards the same day. If I draw two species the cc hits come within minutes of each other.

15-Feb-19
Once they start hitting cards, the whole process is literally over in minutes. Then everyone jumps online with a “I got a hit” or “if XYZ credit card shows a pending charge” thread. :)

15-Feb-19
Then new posters will come on here wanting info on a unit they've never been in before and they drew it with zero points!

17-Feb-19
Yup gotta love the COUNTDOWN to elk draw and elk camp... It’s all part of the Arizona Bowsite Madness...

18-Feb-19
This might be the first and last time I hope I don't get drawn. I realized right after I hit the button that I chose the wrong unit for first choice on elk. Yep, the old late hunt instead of early archery hunt fiasco. Got in a hurry I guess. I wish these weren't even an option. My buddy and I only have a 3 point average so I don't think we will be in the bonus pass, but still. I feel like an idiot. Wouldn't hurt if we could modify our application right up until the actual deadline. If I draw not sure its worth using the Point Guard on this one. Might have to just go take the bow for a cold hike and see what happens if we do draw. Good excuse to go camp in the wall tent and use the woodstove at the very least.

18-Feb-19
Yea I typo’d a 3rd choice cow hunt too. Called GnF BEFORE draw closed but they wouldn’t change. They need to fix their system.

18-Feb-19
Not to worry Bob, third choice elk tag awards are few and far between.

18-Feb-19
That’s what I’m banking on with 7 points.

19-Feb-19
Heat, there’s a good chance your going to draw the late hunt. The success rate to get drawn on those late hunts are pretty good. Or bad in your case.

20-Feb-19
But the drawing success rates listed by G&F are based on first and second choice applicants. If it is less than 100% for your hunt, the odds of drawing it on third through fifth choices (based on the previous year's numbers) is zero.

20-Feb-19
He put it on his first choice. Bob put third choice cow hunt

20-Feb-19
SP, you're right. Sorry, I missed that. Yup, Nick, you're probably getting drawn!

21-Feb-19
Oh Nick......you didn’t! Well, I did on purpose. So you won’t be alone maybe....I put a late hunt for second choice. More than 50% chance of drawing.

21-Feb-19
Odds on mine are about 35% based on last year's odds. We'll see in about a week.

24-Feb-19
5 more days

25-Feb-19
3 days n a wake up till CC Hits........

26-Feb-19
Tick tock!

27-Feb-19
Got the update your payment card email today.......tic too tic tic tic tic......

27-Feb-19
Almost Christmas Eve!

27-Feb-19
Man, tempted to call in sick on Friday! lmao!!

28-Feb-19
You got the fever bad AZ8! LOL!

I changed my card and put that one on LOCK for my elk app today. Apparently they changed the regs to give bonus points and keep loyalty points once your app is submitted successfully and your card is charged for app fees. Even if your card is declined for the draw now, you keep your loyalty and get a point. That is a great change that I was not aware of, but glad it is that way now.

28-Feb-19
I've been on a 10 year drought, I'm due. Then again I could pick a mid tier unit and have better odds but I've done that. Sooner or later the Elk gods have to look favorably on me because if I keep holding off I'll be chasing Elk with a walker!

28-Feb-19
Mid tier units all the way for me. At the rate I am falling apart I am going to have to pick up a rifle again just to increase my draw odds before I am too friggin busted up to do anything.

Tomorrow!

28-Feb-19
Ok get to bed boys Santa won’t come unless your in bed.. tic tic tic toc

01-Mar-19
Ding ding ding!!!! Wooohooo!!! September bulls, here I come!

01-Mar-19
It’s happening

01-Mar-19
Congratulations Barret..

01-Mar-19
Thanks Martin! 13 years as a resident. Can't wait! Good luck to everybody...unless you put in for my units...lol

01-Mar-19
Barret.. 13 years????? What unit have u been holding out for??

01-Mar-19
Eh, I took a bonus point only hiatus for about a 1/3rd of that due to my wife and I having our 3 boys. They are easier now, so finally put in last year and this year.

18-Mar-19
Well plan B is in play..Hopefully I'm a lucky elk hunter who grabs a leftover tag..lol if not on to plan C. Kiabab Draw for deer...

18-Mar-19
I’m trying plan B myself, but those odds are worse than the regular draw! Lol. It appears the only way I’m going elk hunting this year will be as a helper. Already joining a late rifle hunt with some friends and possibly help out on a couple cow hunts in October if my schedule allows.

19-Mar-19
Called being a sherpa AZ8! Been doing that for years!

19-Mar-19
Well called G&F yesterday.. its a big fat NO TAG FOR ME.. Plan "C" Kiabab archery tag hopes.. Gonna be a long 1 1/2 years till next elk season ????????????

19-Mar-19
Elktrax, if its going to be plan C each year , please spell it correctly. Kaibab.

19-Mar-19
BG, I enjoy being a sherpa! Lol. I have a great time in elk camp with or without a tag, but it would be nice to have a tag once in awhile! :)

01-Apr-19
@ notags..thanks for spell checking... please correct all my post

• Sitka Gear