Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Fats 13-Feb-19
newfi1946moose 13-Feb-19
swampokie 14-Feb-19
MichaelArnette 24-Jul-19
OneEye 27-Jul-19
13-Feb-19
My wife and I might move to Ok. and I would like to know how the deer hunting is thanks for your help

13-Feb-19
Wife and I moved here 8 years ago and we built on a piece of our daughter's land. Location is about 70 miles due east of OKC in central part of the state. Our family has taken some nice bucks since they have been here. Here much of land is posted or leased. The WMAs hold plenty of deer and other game and most are bow only. There are plenty of 100-200 acre properties for sale that would hold deer if you shop around; especially in the SE part. Also, everyone baits w/corn or something else which moves a localized deer pop.

14-Feb-19
The deer hunting is excellent. I would rate trophy quality as very good in all regions except ne ok and its not too bad either. Lots of awesome public land hunting especially in the se for archery hunters.

24-Jul-19
Deer hunting is very good and still on the affordable side

27-Jul-19
There are WMAs around a lot of lakes and rivers. So, if you use a boat or kayak you can get to some places that might otherwise take someone a lot of work to get into and that will give you some quality bow hunting here in Oklahoma. Welcome and good luck. Also it’s more popular to wear a red shirt but keep an orange one in the glovebox in case you need it. You’ll be able to tell.

• Sitka Gear