Konk1 15-Feb-19
stagetek 15-Feb-19
Pasquinell 15-Feb-19
huntnfish43 15-Feb-19
Longtines 16-Feb-19
RUGER1022 16-Feb-19
Hoot 05-Mar-19
13-Feb-19
I am unable to get the article uploaded here, but if you google zombie deer it's and article in the news stating CWD is going to affect humans. Its in the news today.

13-Feb-19
I'm sure MB can post the link.

I'm curious if cwd has been around since the 60s, how has it not been found in humans already if possible?

Looks like any grain eating humans should be very worried about the prions that existed in field soil where their food was grown.

The sky is so close I just touched a cloud

14-Feb-19
It was printed by Fox News. Some of the verbiage in the article is downright scary. When they start talking about regulating the consumption of deer meat we are screwed.

Hunters need to take a serious look at how this CWD issue is being "used". They flat out predicted this WILL be transferred to humans soon.....hmmmmm.

14-Feb-19

Missouribreaks's Link

14-Feb-19
Although I take reasonable precautions (such as CWD testing) to minimize the likelihood of CWD consumption, this kind of headline news is unwarranted.... at this point. Unfortunately, we have not seen anything yet as far as the media and potential government regulations are concerned. It is best all hunters get educated on the subject.

14-Feb-19
From what I read this is nothing but an opinion by a scientist. Where are the findings and research to support his claim. Like others I take reasonable precautions in CWD areas. Since testing for CWD is not 100% accurate, maybe, just maybe we should stop hunting in CWD areas to lessen our exposure. Since these cats were at the state capital briefing lawmakers, my guess is the true motivation is just another scientists looking for money (state or federal budget dollars, grants, endowments, etc.). to further his employment, by creating a human crisis that currently does not exists. My guess is I have a higher chance of dying by heart attack while making love to a Russian super model in the penthouse suite of Trump Tower on valentines day, than dying of CWD. As always follow the money boys.

14-Feb-19
Hahaha!! That was good HF43!

14-Feb-19
HF43 - That was hilarious. The words that catch my eye were possibly and could. I could also possibly break my leg, get in an auto accident or like you said dying of a heart attack in Trump Towers.

14-Feb-19
You mean we're gonna DIE?!?!

14-Feb-19
Fox Tabloid News ... it made ya look. Ha!

14-Feb-19
My guess is I have a higher chance of dying by heart attack while making love to a Russian super model in the penthouse suite of Trump Tower on valentines day, than dying of CWD.

HF43 - If your wife catches you with a Russian super model . . . yes you do. Step away from the Russian super model.

14-Feb-19
I will let you all know how it went, that is if I live through it.

HF43

15-Feb-19
The day I ever find a Russian Super Model that will have anything to do with me is the day my wife gets the car, house, and kid! lol!

15-Feb-19
Curious as to where this is all coming from. We've been dealing with CWD for the better part of twenty years and, suddenly we're all going to get sick by eating venison ? Is this some ones opinion/ prediction ? Or, are there documented cases to prove this "zombie" mentality ?

15-Feb-19
The news is getting bored and they found something to get people going. The article starts with possibly and somewhere it went to likely. I would think this has been around since 1969, in animals and plants, someone would have got it. And no, the 3 guys that contracted CJD did not have CWD.

15-Feb-19
Theres CWD hot zones out west & in Canada . People have been ignoring it & eating the meat for 40 years.

They have not found a dead hunter in his bunk yet.

15-Feb-19
PETA sponsored maybe...………. Quite the scare tactic!

15-Feb-19
It's has to be some sort of scare tactic. I mean within the past couple of weeks that's all you hear about. It's even been on the Weather Channel. Some one is trying to make an epidemic out of this, and I've never heard about anyone even getting sick much less dying.

15-Feb-19
Darn Trump! Gotta be him!

15-Feb-19
Well after all this guy is a scientist right, he can't be wrong, he must be believed.

16-Feb-19
All the talk is about the Canadian study. It has not been peer reviewed and no paper has been written. They fail to mention that there are two other similar studies and they haven't been able to duplicate those results. Sounds like monkey business to me.

16-Feb-19
It made the evening news tonite. GEEZ is this the antis at work .

05-Mar-19
Read the news on the PA. deer that were mysteriously dying. “Preliminary test results have come back for three deer picked up in the Powell’s Valley area, and all three had one or more types of pneumonia. Further testing to check for the presence of other diseases has not yet returned results.

“But in any case, it appears pneumonia was present in the local herd and the smaller, weaker animals – characteristics of many of those that were reported dead – succumbed to the disease. The dehydration symptoms apparent in the deer initially examined by the Game Commission also could be attributed to pneumonia.

“Pneumonia is a rare occurrence in deer, and the reasons it might have cropped up in the area are unknown. Reports of dead and sickly deer in Powell’s Valley have tapered off in recent weeks, which could indicate the problem has been alleviated.”

• Sitka Gear