Cazador 16-Feb-19
Treeline 16-Feb-19
Paul@thefort 16-Feb-19
Treeline 17-Feb-19
Jaquomo 17-Feb-19
Treeline 17-Feb-19
Buglmin 17-Feb-19
14-Feb-19
What? No one is upset about the new requirements to apply for a limited license? You have to either hold a small game license or a spring turkey license in order to apply.

14-Feb-19
Old news

14-Feb-19
Annual fishing doesn't get it this year and I didn't see an exemption for over 64 years of age on the "Habitat stamp"... big increase in annual small game/ fishing non-resident, 9.00 application fee from 3.00...camping fee increases along with a 50.00 "Rocky Mtn.Recreation" permit everywhere you want to fish shoulder to shoulder..

14-Feb-19
Boat registrations went up to $60 also.

14-Feb-19
Everyone seemed to gobble it down and have no problem. I for one wasn't as happy to pay it. I think everyone thinks it will help draw odds so they want to pay it. It wont. It will help with the sheep moose and mountain goat app numbers because of the 100$ and 50$ preference point fees

14-Feb-19
What is a "Rocky Mountain Recreation Permit"? I don't find that anywhere?

14-Feb-19
"...didn't see an exemption for over 64 years of age on the "Habitat stamp"..."

You still don't need it once you're 65. It actually surprised me when I applied for turkey. I thought they screwed up. Never have understood what age has to do with paying your way; young or old(er).

14-Feb-19
Ziek, us senior citizens have way less impact on the "habitat", apparently.

14-Feb-19
I just wish they made all the "wildlife watchers" buy a habitat stamp.

14-Feb-19
Orion, they tried to make all persons purchase a habitat stamp if they used the State Wildlife areas for any kind of recreation. The CPW ended up paying it all back as the Feds stated that it was illegal to do so when PR funds were used.

But I do agree,, watchers should pay something statewide, since all wildlife in Colorado belongs to all of the citizens.

14-Feb-19
I talked to Mark the CPW NE Region guy about this last week. He said that there is something in the works for 'recreationalists' to having to pay to use public lands

14-Feb-19
CPW claimed the old Habitat Stamp was pretty much unenforceable on non-sportsmen and I don't see what has changed?

I also have no idea what this "Rocky Mountain Recreation" permit is?

14-Feb-19

16-Feb-19

Cazador's embedded Photo
Cazador's embedded Photo
The common theme is "Fees" and "Rifle" tags.

Screen snap below a type o or the future to come for us residents as well.

16-Feb-19
The fictitious category of “Wildlife Watching “ will end the North American Model of Wildlife Management. It will eliminate hunting and manage by humans as a method for managing wildlife populations in North America.

16-Feb-19
Correct, there was NO resident PP fee for elk, bear, deer and pronthorn in 2018. Yea, what is that all about? Maybe just a "feel good" notation!

17-Feb-19
It was in the “future generations act”. First CPW Meeting afterwords had the Director pushing to get all they could out of the hunters and this was an outcome.

17-Feb-19
Caz, yes I believe in addition to point creep we'll start seeing more fee creep for residents.

17-Feb-19
So, from the sportsman’s round table meetings, CPW said dam maintenance and fish hatcheries were their biggest to upcoming expenses at over 50% of the total. Yet fishing license fees only increased by $8.00.

The rest of the list included things like radios, vehicles, upgrades to offices, etc.

They didn’t include increased access for hunting on our State lands or additional private lane leases others than to say that they would do it if the fee measures passed.

Every time the question was raised about improving the quality of hunting by limits to non residents, they said they wouldn’t consider it unless they raised license fees on residents to make up the difference.

Colorado has been the highest grossing state for hunting license sales for many years. Now they will be making even more...

Resident Hunters got screwed.

Why again

17-Feb-19
CPW is money hungry, that's all there is to it, and they don't worry or care about what the studies say. The way they lowered the cost of non resident bear permits is ridiculous, and in some units allowing the purchase of another b license. All that's going to do is allow someone else without a license to allowed to fill a tag for someone that has two bear tags. I'm all confused as to why they did what try did, except to make more money for the parks department. Ask the parks department about the planned work they are wanting to do on parks on the eastern slope...

I'm at a loss... CPW does not have wildlife management in their agenda. All they care about is the bottom dollar. The DOW officers in the field speak of declining elk herds, increased pressure, but not even their observations matter to the commissioners. I wish they'd seperate the two departments again.

• Sitka Gear