Cheesehead Mike 16-Feb-19
RUGER1022 16-Feb-19
Cheesehead Mike 16-Feb-19
lame crowndip 16-Feb-19
Drop Tine 16-Feb-19
Two Feathers 16-Feb-19
Glunker 16-Feb-19
14-Feb-19
If you could spend an hour or two with any, past or present, archer/bowhunter you admire who would it be? What would you talk about? What questions? Where would you want to do this? …..really, any archer/bowhunter from any point in time! Tell us why you would pick that guy!

14-Feb-19
Fred Bear, of course!

I saw Fred Bear in Milwaukee years ago getting into a vehicle at a archery shop and like an idiot, I never approached him and stopped to say Hi. I was pretty young back then - these days it would have been a different story and I would not have left until I had gotten his autograph.

What an interesting chit-chat that would be.

My second choice would be Wisconsin's own Art LaHa....

14-Feb-19
Fred Bear. He did it right. I wanted to be him when my grandpa gave some of his videos when I was young. My grandpa would pour himself a glass of whiskey and would sit down and tell me how that man had skills.

14-Feb-19
My grandpa was a mans man, but I think he had crush on Fred...….who would not

14-Feb-19
Fred Bear with out a doubt.

14-Feb-19
From Wi. living, it would be Clark Gallop. Never forget sitting in his basement watching and him describing the movies he took, would be great to go through it again, pure home entertainment. Merriwell Huebling was another gent from Wi. that was a fascinating gent, along with Hank Otterson.

14-Feb-19
Roy Case for a few reasons.

And Ishi....

14-Feb-19
I also would pick Ishi. I read Krobler's ISHI IN TWO WORLDS many years ago and found his story fascinating. We'd somehow have to get past the language barrier, but then I'd pepper him with questions. For sure, I'd have to learn about his survival, bow making, knapping a point, and making his arrows. What lessons that man could have taught! Imagine, conversing with the last link between the original Native American lifestyle and our modern society! And I'd want to do it right out there in the field in northern California where the lessons would be most intimately connected to the actual environment he experienced.

14-Feb-19
Met Fred at WBH state bow shoot in Necedah. Fred Bear would be awesome, Howard Hill would be cool to talk with and shoot with.

14-Feb-19
#1 Fred Bear. #2 Jim Dougherty. Ben Pearson is right up there as well.

14-Feb-19
The Wensel brothers. I always admired there traditional bow hunting skills. Plus they were a hoot to listen to.

14-Feb-19
Dwight Schuh, Barry Wensel,

14-Feb-19
Yep, Bear and Dougherty for me also. Dougherty had some great hunts by the way it looked. Hill would be another one for shooting skills with a trad bow. I would like to go out and spend a couple days with Tom Clum at RMS gear.

14-Feb-19
I’d take casekiska, he knows all the history and stories of the popular hunters plus has his own stories. It’d be like sitting down with all of them at once.

14-Feb-19
My dad. There is no one more knowledgeable and passionate for the outdoors than him. He’s been gone 38 years now and I would love to bend his ear on his thoughts of today.

Then I would say Fred, followed by the Wensel brothers. Even though the Benoits were gun hunters it would be fun to share a fire with them also.

14-Feb-19
Mark Drury

14-Feb-19
Maurice Thompson denied his 2nd amendment rights after the civil war he made his own bows and arrows to hunt the swamps of the south to help survive physically and restore his selfworth. His journals were inspiration for those that would come latter .

Or a Turkish Archery of the 18th century some of their acomplishments are legendary. Or then again a mounted Mongol Archery what stories he could tell.

15-Feb-19
Melissa Bachman....in a bathing suit.

15-Feb-19
Cameron Hanes

15-Feb-19
Id love to talk to a guy from one of the old time hunting camps that existed many years ago in the same area I hunt. The guys and the stories are all long gone now.....

15-Feb-19
Howard Hill then Roy Case........

15-Feb-19
Trad Barta, ISHI, and Noel Feather. I want to know the truth, if he would tell it. Was it money?

15-Feb-19
I was able to do that, he was called Art LaHa

15-Feb-19

happygolucky's embedded Photo
happygolucky's embedded Photo
Melissa Bachman....in a bathing suit.

Pictured is my son with Melissa probably 5 years ago.

15-Feb-19
G. Fred Asbell

15-Feb-19
Randy Ulmer.

15-Feb-19
I might point out that almost all of the guys mentioned are trad guys. HA - closet trad people. Hey, may I suggest that you join the WTA? Plus, we have the coolest patch out there, hands down.

15-Feb-19
Roy Huff. I shared a camp with him and John Lamicq in 1978 close to Grand Junction Co. He was just starting his writing career. I would like to ask him what he thinks of the archery advancements. He had a syringe along with formaldehyde that he injected into my Velvet Mulie.

15-Feb-19
Melissa Bachman....in a bathing suit. Add to that Julie Krueter from Beyond The Hunt.

Seriously….Gene & Barry Wesel, teaching me to shoot trad gear, then hunting the Milk River in Mt., with them.

15-Feb-19
I would love to go on a trip with Tom Miranda, that guy is a hard charger, and looks like he has fun all the time

15-Feb-19
You know she is still single Happy...junior still has a shot.

I would love to hunt with Miranda so I could strap down that back quiver that flops around on his back....it drives me crazy...lol

15-Feb-19
Another one just jumped out to me, Paul Schafer. He was the bow hunter of bow hunters in the traditional world. There is a book on him coming out I will love reading. I would also like to get one of his bows, beautiful looking pieces. Of coarse I could read it with Melissa!!

15-Feb-19

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
This is Lori Hamilin & I at a WBH convention planning a wilderness hunt . Yea that'll happen . At the time Lori had her own hunting show & was a cheerleader for the Buffalo Bills . Dream on . My real pick . HOWARD HILL. Very interesting person . I had 1 of his bows , a 100lb metal long bow . I took it to a hunting show in Vegas , put a stupid hi $ on it & a guy bought it . Big mistake .

15-Feb-19
Glenn another one of my heros...... this fall I am going west, for 3 weeks, solo, with my decoy and bows,,,,, maybe the highlight will be just watching the stars, in the grasslands at night

15-Feb-19

G H , Mountain sunsets & sunrises at hi elevations on a clear night . WOW. This is Utah 4:45 AM . you can see 2 monster Mulies headed to bed .

15-Feb-19
My hunt: 2500 ac Ranch in Kansas . 6 Bowhunters in camp for a 6 day rut hunt .

Ground hunter - Jeff aulik - Ron Kulas - Trapper - Livetohunt- & My self . Each hunter gets 200 ac to hunt .

I can visualize sitting at the table every nite with popcorn & a six pack listening to all the stories .

15-Feb-19
Tim wells

15-Feb-19
Mark +Terry Drury, Dan Fitzgerald, Tiffany Lakosky, Eva Shockey.

16-Feb-19
I know quite few people who got to meet Art Laha, I unfortunately did not. Paul Schafer would be a treat but I am going with a real deal, Jay Massey!

16-Feb-19
Steven Rinella for me. Tied for first would be Ground Hunter. They both have a wealth of useful knowledge and I can only imagine what I would take away from a few hours or days afield with them.

16-Feb-19

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Ruger, isn't that Laura Francese?

16-Feb-19
Hi Mike , They do look alike . My Old WBH notes show the name I put down. But it wouldn't the 1st time I'm wrong .

16-Feb-19
Yeah, if you Google Laura Francese you'll see that she is a former Bills cheerleader. She also represented Martin Archery and I've seen her in ads for Archery Talk. She's smokin hot!

16-Feb-19
I DID this at the P&Y conference in Rochester when I had lunch with Gene and Barry. Funny, informative guys... Good luck with Paul Schafer-he died in 1993

16-Feb-19
Dan Fitzgerald and his son are scum bags. I ordered my son and grandson hats like dan wears for christmas presents in early OCT. they charged my account right away and I waited and waited. Starting in December my wife and I started calling to see what’s up. Never answered or returned calls. Got to be Christmas and still no product. Called our card Company to get my money back. I guess they even had a heck of a time recovering the money.

Godly family my rear!

16-Feb-19
I got to meet Fred Bear and talk with him down in Gainesville, FL and the Wensels I got to meet and talk with in Atlanta. I hold them responsible for me using a stickbow. So I'm going with that young lady Laura above. If she is booked up I'll go with Tom Miranda.

16-Feb-19
Some surprising choices, actually quite enlightening.

• Sitka Gear