Will 14-Feb-19
Wapiti or Bust 15-Feb-19
Decree ti 02-Mar-19
lunker 02-Mar-19
Rocksteady 09-Mar-19
14-Feb-19
should i wait for the snow to melt to do any shed hunting

14-Feb-19
I sure find it alot easier to look for them without snow, Dom. I haven't found alot of sheds though, interested to see what the other guys say.

14-Feb-19
If you don't already have some wintering spots you plan on looking at once the snow is gone or almost gone, use the snow to find them then head back out later. I've had my best luck when there is just patches of snow left. Maybe 50/50 cover. Inch deep. Two at most

14-Feb-19
I find antlers are easier to find in the fall, while still attached to deer.

14-Feb-19
Go. You can follow tracks and really scope it out and better understand what they are up to at this time of year. If you find areas with heavy feeding, and bucks hadn't dropped, it can be AWESOME antler hunting. But if not, you will at least learn a lot about the area, and get a sense of where to go back to in a few weeks as this white goo melts and you can potentially find antlers dropped earlier in the winter.

15-Feb-19
Me today, “excuse me my name is wapiti and I want to bring my 10 year old here tomorrow to look for deer antlers. I know you have 80 acres of army corps land back there but there’s no where to park. Can we park in your driveway?”

02-Mar-19

Decree ti's embedded Photo
Finally found one side of the big 8
Decree ti's embedded Photo
Finally found one side of the big 8

02-Mar-19
Nice find! dom go out better than not. Ged I have read that post from u I think 3 or 4 times over the past and it still makes me laugh

09-Mar-19

Rocksteady's embedded Photo
Rocksteady's embedded Photo
Surprised to get this pic with antlers still on

• Sitka Gear