Orion 15-Feb-19
Surfbow 15-Feb-19
Buglmin 15-Feb-19
Dale06 15-Feb-19
Ziek 15-Feb-19
FullCryHounds 27-Feb-19
Surfbow 27-Feb-19
15-Feb-19
I’m new to Colo and met a guy that will take me lion hunting. Thinking of doing so in Dec of 19. Are resident lion tags otc?

15-Feb-19
Yes

15-Feb-19
Yes but there is a quota so you need to call the number to make sure the unit your hunting is still open.

15-Feb-19
You have to take the online lion exam first too and carry the certificate with you...

15-Feb-19
We never carried the certificate with us. You can't buy a lion license until you take the online exam. And you have to call the number to check quota every morning before heading out to chase lion.

15-Feb-19
Thanks guys.

15-Feb-19
You're supposed to carry the certificate unless it's verified on your license with "Lion (v)", which it should be. But evidently it doesn't always happen. On my wife's license it didn't show up and no one at the division could say why.

27-Feb-19
The 800 number to check quotas is going away. It is all online now and updated immediately. We've been asking for this for years. https://cpw.state.co.us/Documents/LionQuota.pdf

27-Feb-19
Hey Dean, I got out 3x and was able to track two lions in the fresh snow, never quite caught up to them. Had a great time though...

• Sitka Gear