Paul@thefort 16-Feb-19
cnelk 16-Feb-19
Whocares 16-Feb-19
Seahorse 16-Feb-19
IVL 19-Feb-19
elkmo 20-Feb-19
Sandbrew 21-Feb-19
16-Feb-19
I got a stupid question, i probably will get a stupid answer but here it is. Does it matter to applied for the draw early or later to the due date for a better chance to draw your tag. I'm thinking of the deer draw mostly. I'm guessing the system goes thru a whole lot of checks before picking someone. I have no PP cause I've able to draw every year but now everyone can put in. Bummer. It would be fun to be able to see the draw live. Ok let me have it.

16-Feb-19
It doesn't make a difference whether you're the first to apply or last. Good luck in the draws this year.

16-Feb-19
That's what i figure. Good luck everyone

16-Feb-19
I am going to apply on April 2 at 11:59 pm. My odds of drawing should be really good. :)

16-Feb-19
What matters is the application number you are assigned after the random number generator does its job.

I used to hunt with a guy who swore green ink for filling out the apps increased odds. I don't believe that, but he drew two sheep tags in three years....

16-Feb-19
I bet a lot of guys who are planning to apply on the last day after they put the kids to bed like normal will have a dramatically different success than they expect.

16-Feb-19
"I am going to apply on April 2 at 11:59 pm. My odds of drawing should be really good. :)"

Paul, if you apply after 8pm on April 2, your application will not be valid

16-Feb-19
Just non residents can apply up to 1159 PM on April 2nd. Resident cut off is 8pm

16-Feb-19
Brad, "just kidding"

16-Feb-19
"Just non residents can apply up to 1159 PM on April 2nd. Resident cut off is 8pm"

This needs to be communicated!! :@)

16-Feb-19
Ok, I'll hold off till all you res are in at 8 and apply after that so I don't jam up the system.

16-Feb-19
If you make a mistake, you'll need all the time you can get to correct it. Very easy to make a mistake with the insane amount of details in the draw system now. I thought it was complicated before!!

19-Feb-19
Its an Algorithm, and it starts low and goes High, so 0 - infinity....... definitely an advantage to applying early as opposed to late. just my 2 cents. it has worked well for me in this state and several other i apply for. it doesn't matter on the big three in this state, the algorithm changes multiple times.

20-Feb-19
Its an Algorithm, and it starts low and goes High, so 0 - infinity....... definitely an advantage to applying early as opposed to late. just my 2 cents. it has worked well for me in this state and several other i apply for. it doesn't matter on the big three in this state, the algorithm changes multiple times.

So my odds might increase .00000001% ?

21-Feb-19

Sandbrew's Link
When you apply during the application process has no bearing in you application # see entire the explanation in the link.

"My mountain goat “application number” was 704059. The next step in the draw process is to reverse or invert the application number so no matter when during the open application period a person applies has no bearing on the eventual outcome of the draw. My new or“inverted application number” was 950407"

You can see the entire draw process at this link.

Sandbrew

• Sitka Gear