BruceP 16-Feb-19
Bowhunt 3138 17-Feb-19
Tekoa 18-Feb-19
lunker 18-Feb-19
BC 18-Feb-19
lunker 18-Feb-19
16-Feb-19

spike78's Link
Nothing to do with bows but this pisses me off. Raising the wage of a food server to $14-$15 an hour plus tips! Good idea to have the servers make more money then the restaurant manager along with most other jobs in MA. If this passes no more eating out for this guy!

16-Feb-19
Minimum wage is $12 hr. Also they could guarantee minimum wage and withhold some pay. That is, you work 5 hours and make $50 in tips. The restaurant pays you $10 more so you made 12/hr. They could even average it over a week so if you work one Good Saturday night your weekly pay is 12/hr.

16-Feb-19
If I understood correctly the wage is $12/hr 1st year, increasing to $15/hr over something like 5 years.

16-Feb-19
I hate the tipping model it was set up to avoid payroll tax and paying waitstaff

16-Feb-19
The majority of wait staff I know would not want this to become law. If customers know servers are making more money they will tip less. The top servers at the last restaurant I worked at we're making $100,000 a year. That's obviously on the upper end of what a server makes, but good servers are capable of making good money even at mediocre restaurants. I think if this law became good servers would make less money on a yearly basis.

16-Feb-19
Just mentioned this to my wife who was a server for years, she immediately said, "bad idea!" Way less money for them overall.

16-Feb-19
Joe, I was curious what you thought about this not to mention if they do end up making a lot more how would it feel to the skilled chefs that a server makes more.

16-Feb-19
Funny you should mention servers making more than chefs. That's actually the norm in most restaurants. It can certainly cause some bitterness between front of the house and back of the house staff. Some restaurants are experimenting with tip sharing models, but I think that might deter some of the best servers from working at those restaurants. I'm not really sure there is a perfect solution.

16-Feb-19
I got fired from tony Roma’s, a place for ribs. I was a bad waiter.

16-Feb-19
FYI: Tipped employees do not fall under the same category as min wage workers. They will not see an increase of $15.00. Right now they make between $5 and $7 because the tips are factored in . No increase has been made for them. Cuomo has been talking about doing away with this system with many people against it

16-Feb-19

16-Feb-19
Haha, a EMT-B in the city of Springfield starts at minimum wage. Starts on overnights on a double Basic truck, on weekends. Guess who is 1st on scene when your family members suffer Cardiac Arrest or go into Labor or a high speed rollover on Interstate 91. And our politicians want to push this, we are SCREWED. BTW, these are mostly college freshmen that have ambitions to be Doctors or Police officers studying at Springfield college or AIC.

16-Feb-19
Definitely a world win of F d up sheite we live in .That's just one small kernel in the loaf of life.At least ill b dead soon just hope to get in a few more hunting seasons

16-Feb-19
Xi my cousin is emt for Armstrong. Saving lives working 60 hrs a week. 14 bucks/hr. Pathetic

16-Feb-19
Xi, that's my nephew you just described. Twenty year old sophomore at Westfield State, studying criminal justice during the day and driving the ambulance at night.

17-Feb-19
That's terrible moons & Bruce

18-Feb-19
This one doesn't cause me any heartburn. People waiting tables are regular Joe's and Jane's busting their hump trying to make ends meet. Or youths working which is a good thing in itself. If they can run the system to their advantage go for it. Agree the EMT's are getting the shaft. What I find unbelievable and just plain wrong is paying individuals, tens, even hundreds of millions of dollars to play sports, a freakin game. Like kids that never grew up. And some won't stand for the anthem? Entertainment industry is right there too. And the blame is really on the fans who call these guys heroes, really. Rant for the day, back to making arrows.

18-Feb-19
Agreed

18-Feb-19
I second that. Let the free market determine your wage. We have equal opportunity in this country and that sparks innovation, ambition and the desire to move forward. When I was young I worked low wage jobs. I knew pretty quickly that if I wanted to be successful I would need education, training and desire to work hard. Most (but not all) of these lower wage jobs are supposed to be entry level jobs, not careers. I don’t want government dictating how much someone must be paid. This is America, read your history.

18-Feb-19
I get it and agree. But of course uncle Sam checkbook with all that wealth is never ever gonna ballenced u know that everybody knows that So then what ? And I agree with the football and baseball players making way to much. And I know if they don't then the owners do so again then what. May b i should start waiting tables or run for president

• Sitka Gear