hookman 17-Feb-19
Rutbuster 17-Feb-19
JayD 17-Feb-19
hoppies56 17-Feb-19
Rutbuster 18-Feb-19
hoppies56 18-Feb-19
Babysaph 18-Feb-19
17-Feb-19
Does anyone else think the heritage hunt is a horrible mistake? I would think that everyone wanting a one buck limit would be outraged. How many bucks (button) and antlered had already dropped there horns.If you shoot a recurve I’d guess you probably had all season anyway.

17-Feb-19
Well you have to realize that the DNR wants dead deer. And I think no matter what the weapon you had all year. I look for it to have a tag associated with it in the future.

17-Feb-19
Only 659 deer taken state wide in heritage season, 12.9 per county If you take 3 highest counties 39 , 36, 32 , that leave 552 for rest state about 11.5 deer per county , and a lot of counties where in single numbers not a lot of deer even if there where all bucks ,

17-Feb-19
I can tell a button buck or a buck that has dropped its antlers without any trouble. I guess I let them get close enough to see and I wouldn’t shoot unless sure on what I’m shooting.

17-Feb-19
Educate the hunters and this will become a none issue. I get more upset that WV doesn’t bother to accurately collect data. Button bucks are not does, shed bucks are not does, bucks 3” or less are not does. I would like to see the acutual buck kill vs doe kill in this state.

17-Feb-19
Rutbuster- been saying it for years - count all bucks no matter of what size towards a hunter’s buck limit - I bet most would become more alert and educated as to what they will shoot and then quite a few young bucks would be saved each year! I totally agree with you on this on this issue!

17-Feb-19

hoppies56's Link

18-Feb-19
Your link didn’t work Hoppies

18-Feb-19
Sorry, about the link it was enter by mistake.

18-Feb-19
I think most would just check the buttons in as antlerless deer especially with the new electronic check in. Again they want dead deer. They want to sell tags.

• Sitka Gear