Massachusetts
Contributors to this thread:
Huntskifishcook 17-Feb-19
Will 17-Feb-19
salvoking356 20-Feb-19
Notme 20-Feb-19
Sheds 20-Feb-19
17-Feb-19
does anybody know of any warm water discharge areas in Central MA?????

17-Feb-19
Pi, I'm serious im looking for a place to go fishing in the winter

17-Feb-19
There used to be one in Salem. I think the power plant has been shut down though or at least the discharge area. I heard striper fishing was incredible through the winter.

17-Feb-19
Not "warm" but, "warmer"... Swift fly only CR area in Belchertown. Most water is mid 30's, maybe upper 30's... (moving water), but the swift should be a few decrees over, maybe even into the 40's if you are closer to the "bubbler" where is comes out of the res. It's been a bit cooler than normal this year due to all the rain causing the res to overflow.

That's the only tail water in central MA I know of (some may call it west... I'd say it's the gateway to the west)... Tough point of the year. Snow melt = 33~ degree small streams, the ice is so so, though some folks feel safe out there.

I've heard there area few power plants in RI (providence area) with warm outflow, but I dont know locations or details nor safety... So that's a question to investigate...

20-Feb-19
Providence Power plant we used to fish it in college all winter, rattling shad slowing cranked at the bottom worked everytime.

20-Feb-19
There's one in Bridgeport, bring a plethora of 45's..

20-Feb-19
If u want to drive to bridge Port there are strippers in the river all winter long and u can keep one a day over 28"

• Sitka Gear