Contributors to this thread:
KSBOW 21-Feb-19
Matte 21-Feb-19
sitO 22-Feb-19
Slate 22-Feb-19
LTG 11 22-Feb-19
MAG 22-Feb-19
21-Feb-19
So don't know how many of you have ever elk hunted Wyoming, I haven't elk hunted at all. After several years of doing research 2019 is the year. With anticipation of 2019 elk hunt the plan was to base primary focus on Colorado OTC, and apply in Wyoming, and New Mexico with very little anticipation of drawing a tag. Figured why not play the lottery, Wyoming was first up with zero points i applied with party application for general tag for myself and my best friend. Expectation was low but I was very surprised this morning when I checked the draw and it said success. It was like a kid at Christmas I have been dreaming about elk hunt for as long as I can remember, and in 2019 its going to happen. Anyway with that being said if anyone has drawn a general tag and archery hunted Wyoming in past and would be willing to share some insight that would be awesome? Planning to hunt general units around Medicine Bow NF. Can't wait to start the adventure for Wyoming 2019! Hope all that applied had similar luck or will in near future with other western states!

21-Feb-19
I have hunted medicine bow but with a resident guide. Aka buddies niece who had horses. I hiked into camp as I was late but I can tell you there were plenty of Elk if you were back in there three to four miles. I will send you a pm

22-Feb-19
It's gonna get its hooks in ya Lucas, congrats on the draw! Never hunted WY but I've chased them in CO for many years.

Lots of great threads here on the "main forum" to peruse. My advice is to take it slow the first few days, enjoy the views and experience without putting too much pressure on yourself. There's no better place to be in Sept, have fun and be safe!

22-Feb-19

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Congrats Lucas best of luck. I also drew an area 7 tag this year. I have hunted Wyoming before successfully but with a guide and I will be doing a guided hunt again. Best of luck hope to read about your hunt. I had elk for dinner last night

22-Feb-19
Congrats, let us know how it goes. I'm doing Colorado OTC with some buddies this year for our first elk trip. But my brother in law and I have 4 points in Wyoming.

22-Feb-19
Congrats. Packrat and I will be heading to Wyoming also. We drew a General Tag w/3 points. Time to lose some extra pounds for sure.

• Sitka Gear