Notme 01-Mar-19
Ace 05-Mar-19
Shawn 06-Mar-19
22-Feb-19

>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo
>>---CTCrow--->'s embedded Photo

22-Feb-19
Emails should go to: [email protected]

Be polite and state what you think clearly and plainly. For example: Please support Bear Hunting in CT or Please oppose HB 6014 Against Trapping then list a few reasons.

REMEMBER what you send becomes public record.

22-Feb-19
Wait what do you guys have against pink??? Lol

22-Feb-19
Pink is fine if you go for that sort of thing Dave. I applaud you, I guess I'm just not secure enough in my masculinity to pull it off, besides I think it clashes with my footwear.

23-Feb-19
Why pink?? Where are u hunting... Candyland? lol

23-Feb-19
I support pink. It'll match my wife's bow if I use it.

23-Feb-19
I like Pink's songs.

24-Feb-19

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/ZfbBqBOSXlU

25-Feb-19
Come on guys, send in Testimony! 8 people have submitted a written opinion, and 3 of them were against a Bear Season. We should have 20+ guys from this site alone that are submitting written testimony in favor of a Bear Season.

Just write a quick email to: [email protected]

25-Feb-19
Not a trapper, but I thought leg hold traps were already prohibited. Responded to the other three.

25-Feb-19
Hunter, Foot-hold traps are tightly regulated, IE: must have padded jaws, no serrations etc, but not prohibited. They are the most effective style for some animals (like coyotes). Trapping Associations have participated for years in establishing Best Management Practices.

People who think that trapping is barbaric or inhumane are dealing strictly from emotions, not facts.

25-Feb-19
Done

25-Feb-19
Done

25-Feb-19
Sent mine in yesterday.

Hunter, we can use foot traps in the water, in the burrow of a wild animal, and for coyotes in land sets. Large body gripping traps are essential for beaver. Foot traps work well too. If we have to use cage style for beaver, we better be able to drive right up to the set. The damn things are heavy and you won't be carrying more than one...not far anyway.

Mass banned these same traps a few years back. In no time the state was overwhelmed with beaver damage. If trappers don't control them, the negative effects will be substantial. Flooded basements, septics, road culverts. Train tracks could be washed out too. It's a big issue for the rail companies.

But, the dumbasses running this state will ignore the negatives, to save a few rodents and canines. Send in your testimony, oppose HB -6014.

25-Feb-19
Done

26-Feb-19
Don't Let up guys! If you have not yet sent in an email in support of a Bear Hunt (SB 586), or against the Trap Prohibition (HB 6014), please do it now. Send a brief email to [email protected]

This is what one person sent in, and it's indicative of what we are up against:

"Also oppose SB586 on bear hunting because, well, how would you feel if you went home tonight to find your home had been eliminated and you had no place to go because your natural habitat were being destroyed by building things unnecessarily? CT needs another mall and more new houses like it needs a third nostril (figuratively speaking). Let bears at least withdraw to whatever areas are still available, without also killing them for “sport” (I use the term loosely), and focus instead on education. I generally like people. However I don’t like people who hurt other living creatures, raise them for profit, or have fun killing them. I am always curious who supports such people, and will be interested to see the outcome of these initiatives"

28-Feb-19
Ill send mine in again today after work I guess they didnt fo through cause I dont see them listed.

28-Feb-19
Not sure if its too late to send in emails but I and 6 of mt buddies I convinced to do it as well just sent emails. So we'll see what happens. They arent the best written responses but they get the point across and thats better then nothing.

28-Feb-19
First, IMO they won't read every response anyway, they're just looking for support/oppose # such & such. I could be wrong though. If we oppose a bill, the other side isn't going to care why, they already have their agenda. But, it's all we can do.

28-Feb-19
Done.

To Whom it may concern,

I am in favor of Senate Bill- 586 authorizing the hunting of black bear in Litchfield County. I don't and probably won't hunt bear, but as a hunter of deer I have concerns about encountering bears as I walk in to and from my deer hunting locations in the twilight. I carry pepper spray for the possible encounter, but I do understand bears lose fear of humans and become aggressive rather than avoiding humans. I like to feed the birds, but not bears.

I am not in favor of House Bill-6014. The trapping community has developed their traps to deliver a quick death in some and a humane grasp in others, all to prevent undue suffering of their legal prey. The bill seems to me to be a step in the direction of abolishing the practice of trapping altogether.

Thank you,

28-Feb-19
Done

28-Feb-19
Thank you for submitting testimony to the ENV Committee. Please be advised that all public hearing testimony, written and spoken, is public information. As such, it will be made available on the CGA website and may be indexed by internet search engines. If you do not wish to have your testimony made available on the CGA website, please reply to this email.

Please do not attach my name to a public website. Thank you.

01-Mar-19
I am in too

01-Mar-19

Notme's Link
https://www.cga.ct.gov/asp/menu/CommDocList.asp?comm_code=env&doc_type=ts

05-Mar-19
Think we are in for a fair fight? This is what one citizen wrote to the Env Committee about the above-referenced bills:

Dear Environment Committee members,

I write to you today about the opportunities you have before you to address the wanton cruelty our species visits on others, beginning with the loathsome practice of trapping. Leghold and body-crushing traps, as their descriptive names callously make clear, are torture devices that subject animals to unimaginable suffering. That we as a society permit trapping at all is beyond shameful. If you have the stomach, the internet offers no shortage of evidence that trapping is unconscionably cruel. There is no rationale for such cruelty, there is no excuse. I encourage you to outlaw the practice in Connecticut, starting with H.B. No. 6014.

Hunting — trapping’s sadistic cousin—needs also to be done away with. Fortunately, the number of hunters in our state and others is dwindling. Still, plenty of animals who call Connecticut home find themselves in hunters’ gunsights. I’m not interested in what color costumes hunters wear to protect themselves from the violence in which they participate. But we shouldn’t cater to their fashion interests (H.B. 5304), just as we shouldn’t cater to their bloodlust.

Which brings me to S.B. No. 586, the latest attempt by the most violent among us to hold a state-sanctioned bear massacre. Proponents of such a slaughter will talk a lot about “public safety.” They’ll demonize bears and paint themselves—the ones with the guns and the bloodlust—as altruists. They’ll suggest matter-of-factly that it’s our species’ right and responsibility to “manage” other species. We’re talking here about people who enjoy killing for pleasure. If anyone is to be demonized, look no further than the killers in orange.

06-Mar-19
I can't believe someone took the time to write that. Worst is they actually believe what there writing. I think us ct hunters should have a small organization for fighting these bills. Letting others know when they are coming up and how and where to send your testimony. Drafting bills...etc. something like maybe UHOC... United hunters of Connecticut.

• Sitka Gear