mrw 03-Mar-19
bjstcrusn 03-Mar-19
Will 04-Mar-19
Shawn 04-Mar-19
Dthfrmabove 04-Mar-19
Fatkid1979 04-Mar-19
Dthfrmabove 04-Mar-19
24-Feb-19
Yes to Sunday hunting. It’s time Mass join the civilized world.

24-Feb-19
This is the most frustrating topic, and the primary reason why I don’t post here often.

-

In our ranks, “hardcore” bow hunters on this very forum are opposed to Sunday hunting because it interferes with “their” other activities. I hunt damn near every Sunday, and drive out of state to do so. These selfish people don’t want YOU to hunt because their wife will get mad if they hunt. Selfish people suck. -

While I am here, those that cry about 2 buck tags in MA, but hunt after killing one buck should practice what they preach. If you are opposed to 2 bucks don’t kill 2, stand by your beliefs. -

Lastly, liberals irritate me and vegans make me nervous.

- (and why is it impossible to post in paragraphs on this forum? I always need to go back and add spaces)

24-Feb-19
Check the PA forums. People are up in arms because the opening day of gun may be Saturday and not Monday. They get an extra day to hunt deer, but they are up in arms because they can’t cook chilli on Saturday and talk smack before the opener Monday.

Don’t hunt if you don’t want to. Pretty simply. Don’t get mad because you wait until 2 days before the opener to open your camp.

Sunday is also proposed in PA. People are crazy.

24-Feb-19
yes

24-Feb-19
Hahaha. Tell us how you really feel GED..... I could care less about Sunday Hunting. Take it or leave it. I can dictate my schedule accordingly. If I have to take some time off from work during the week I make it up on the weekends. A day that ends in Y is just another day to work for me. With 3 kids one in private school , another going in September and another in private dance I work every day I can. It is tough for others who have to work M-F and only get the weekends to hunt. I have recently thought his through and although that brings more people in the woods they probably won’t bother me because I am on private/public land

24-Feb-19
If you hunt and oppose Sunday hunting you’re an ass hole

24-Feb-19
Remember last season it rained every Saturday ! Not good for people that work from dark to dark during the week

24-Feb-19
We need as much hunter recruitment and ability to hold on to current hunters as we can get. Yes to Sunday hunting!

24-Feb-19
Yes

24-Feb-19
There is no logical reason why to have a law that bans a legal activity one day a week.

25-Feb-19
I hunt Sunday when in states that allow it. I'm fine with having Sunday off here at home but I'm not opposed to opening it either. If someone wants to hunt Sunday they should be able to. Haven't seen the Globe poll but then again I don't spend much time reading that rag. Propaganda mostly...

25-Feb-19
The only people that don't hunt Sundays are the people that play by the rules. I've caught people bow hunting while scouting. Make the playing field fair for the rest of us that play by the rules.

25-Feb-19
Sure. Just reduce the number of tags or shorten the season.

25-Feb-19
Well, the results sure dont look good - about half the Yes votes vs No.

I've gone back and forth on this over the years. Ive evolved to feel like it ought to be legal. It's not fair to draw parallels, but if I can buy weed and alcohol on Sunday, I ought to be able to sit in a tree and ponder life.

25-Feb-19
stfu jwilkes you damn cry baby, nobody cares

25-Feb-19
stfu jwilkes you damn cry baby, nobody cares

25-Feb-19
Yes because Saturday is always a washout or 20 mph wind day.

25-Feb-19
My opinion is simply that, my opinion. Selfish people irritate me, but their opinion is as valid as mine. I don’t need anyone here to agree with me or validate the way I feel. At least with me you get it straight :)

It has been a nice challenge to hunt other states on Sundays and I have met some great friends there. I think hunters should support hunter recruitment and access for more, whenever possible. We should be united in creating opportunities for fellow hunters.

25-Feb-19
Absolutely - YES. It would literally double my ability to hunt - unless I take a day off work. Completely ridiculous that we can't hunt on Sundays......

25-Feb-19
Absolutely - YES. It would literally double my ability to hunt - unless I take a day off work. Completely ridiculous that we can't hunt on Sundays......

25-Feb-19
Don’t need a negative response to GED. He says what is on his mind and he will always do that. No need to guess or decipher what he is saying he lays it out there and let’s you make your own decisions. I respect his opinion, as it is his opinion and not anyone else’s. He is right about supporting hunter recruitment and support for fellow hunters. Didn’t call anyone out personally either

25-Feb-19
I think there are only 11 states in the US that don’t allow Sunday hunting this going back to old blue laws from many years ago.

25-Feb-19
I've never understood why the state will let me kill a fish on Sunday, but not a deer.

25-Feb-19
Not to mention just because sun hunting is legal doesn't mean you have to hunt ! GEEz change the channel if u don't like it !

25-Feb-19
Starting tight end

25-Feb-19
Oops wrong thread

25-Feb-19
Well rereading Selfish people irritate me isn't what your saying just that selfish You go out of state to hunt well I got news for ya big guy some people cant go out of state . That's selfish of u to say .SUNDAY HUNTING FOR ALL !

25-Feb-19
The old day of rest . Church, Sunday Globe go to bakery for fresh bread play numbers and smell the food cooking watch sports with family good values . Old Blue Laws!!!!

25-Feb-19
Lunker why can’t you go out of state? Is it work,family, time or money. There are a lot of different variables to keep one from traveling. Not criticizing or questioning your post, but curious what might prevent one from traveling a couple hours to one of the states that border mass. If it’s personal you need not respond to my post and I apologize for any intrusion into your private life

25-Feb-19
Like u said work ,family ,time ,and money. Some people cant and that's a fact, me I prob. could I love my home turf. For me yes it is the money,out of state license cost, gas and all the time I have here invested in and around here scouting would cost a fortune in fuel cost to get near the amount of time there. Just saying some people may not b able to go sunday hunting here would b great .Im not even talking to much about myself but mayb others cant. I only live 15 min from RI

25-Feb-19
Fair enough. The cost is sometimes prohibitive. I would go every year on an eight to 9 day trip. Last time was a few years ago and was to Ohio. Total cost of the trip was between 800-1000 bucks.when I lost the property we hunted I found it not worth my time away from my family to take the trip anymore.

25-Feb-19
Sounds awesome would love to do something like that. Maybe someday for now it's good ole mass. Rewards r tough but great when u get them

25-Feb-19
It’s very easy to do as long as you don’t set your expectations too high. My expectations when I would go in a trip were to be in a position to take a deer or two. Doe,buck whatever didn’t matter. In high deer density states it was not uncommon to see 10 plus deer a sit. Heck at one time during the last trip to Ohio I counted 22 deer on my evening hunt. Other times I would only see a couple. Well worth the money to plan a hunt. This was a fill the freezer hunt with the opportunity of taking a very nice deer during my stay. Would do it again if the right opportunity presented itself, but for now I would like to stay close to home with the season opening sooner down here.

25-Feb-19
I agree with the pure simplicity of Moons statement. I think no hunt Sundays are retahhded. Anyone doesn't want to hunt, don't hunt. Stop trying to tell other people what to do.

25-Feb-19
Mrw, this is MA, the gov here will never stop telling others what to do.

Lunker, I sorta thought you were kidding with that "GED is selfish" post but now I'm not sure. I'm still hoping you were because I can't find anything selfish in his statements. Quite the opposite in fact. Maybe I'm just getting slow in my old age and can't recognize sarcasm anymore...

25-Feb-19
While I'm not a lawyer.....I think a group ....hunters should file suit against the state. I've said this before. Everyone else can sue for discrimination ......if no Sunday hunting isn't discrimination then I guess I dont know what is??? Anyone want to bet if mass conjured up a law that said mountain moutain bikers can't ride on mondays or hikers were not allowed to hike on saturdays(even on there on Property) or say bird watchers can't be in the woods on fridays.....guess what there would be law suits immediately. Puts it prospective that way doesnt it?

26-Feb-19
I primarily hunt in RI on Sundays. $45 non resident license and $26/deer tag. I get from my door to the property I hunt in an hour. I usually leave my truck at home and drive my car minimizing the expense.

For the last 8 years (this year will be 9) I have hunted PWS. I enjoy my time in RI. 1,100 acres to share with some other permit holders. I have been lucky to have this opportunity. In addition to good hunting land, I have met some amazing people there at PWS, including several members here on this board.

I want everyone to have the option to hunt MA on Sundays. I feel bad for people that only have weekends to hunt. Nothing replaces time in the field.

26-Feb-19
I might be wrong but I don't think anyone here is advocating that Sunday remain closed. Maybe I misread a post. I think the consensus is it should be open and if you don't want to hunt, you don't hunt. That's pretty straightforward.

26-Feb-19
I’d also seconded what GED said. There is good Sunday hunting in neighboring states while we wait for MA to catch up. CT opens in Sept and it’s worth the time and effort.

26-Feb-19
Im one of those guys that see no issue with our current seasons and dates. I make time to hunt during the week. And I either work sunday or spend it wirh family. Id rather not have sunday hunting than have them shorten the season to accommodate the days.

26-Feb-19
I personally don’t think hunting in mass is worth arguing over :-)

26-Feb-19
Ewade brings a good point. I'd be against if we shorten the season... Conversely, if kill #'s are a concern, just use the tags to adjust. 6 more days west of Z10, whats the ball park, now cut doe permits by some % or even go to 1 buck. Fine.

I've always liked the mandatory day off as a chance to do other things and not be thinking: I should be out there. The older I get, the more I realize how fortunate I've been professionally and family wise that I can hunt week days pretty smoothly. So I can see how the normal 9-5 or similar person could end up with only saturday all year. That's a bummer.

Open it up, and everyone will adapt to it.

That said, I often ponder if just doing it Archery ONLY for a 3-5 year period would help. Show that we can be responsible and then consider bang sticks. Once it's open to any hunting, it's harder to say "no" down the road... and I strongly suspect opening it to archery is "easier" on folks who are non hunters and recognize that what "we" do is harder than a gun (not that a gun is easy... but many non hunters think it is).

26-Feb-19
Remember when you couldn’t buy booze on Sunday? Remember when you couldn’t find a store open on Christmas or Easter?

26-Feb-19
I grew up hunting out of state (VT & NH) because of this archaic puritanical blue-law.

We are no longer banned from shopping or working on the Sabbath but I can only take my children out on 1 out of the 2 days of the week that they have off from school??

Getting kids outside nowadays is as important as ever. They need the opportunity to experience nature and understand conservation. With the demands of sports teams playing all the time, Saturday’s might not be an option for them.

Hunters share the woods with everyone throughout the year yet we are the ones who pay for the protection of wildlife habitat thru taxes on on our equipment (Pittman-Robertson Act).

Adding Sunday Hunting would not only generate more funds for Wildlife Habitat, but it would increase the Mass Economy as hunters would choose to spend their dollars in this state instead of others.

This question has nothing do with wildlife management (as our State Biologists - the EXPERTS on the matter- will determine how to appropriately manage hunting seasons that are open 7 days a week).

This question is about providing equal opportunity for all. As a state that prides itself as being a leader in this area, it is completely abhorrent that this travesty continues on in 2019...

26-Feb-19
I have a right to be enjoying my hobby in the woods just as much as the next guy. I see no issue with us all being equal in the opportunity of enjoying the land that belongs to the people! Not just some people!

26-Feb-19
Bow hunting only on Sunday $10.00 buy in for stamp and lottery 3 year trial ??????

26-Feb-19
no hunting on Audubon. ironically, since he killed everything he documented,painted. as far as i know.

26-Feb-19
I caused a stir here with a post on the Moose Hill hunt a few years back. Not worth it, with the way it is managed. The guy that “ran” it would pick the stand for you to hunt. Not my idea of fun.

I am surprised to see that this thread has been in favor of Sunday hunting. We are trending in the right direction. Only a few years ago people were outspoken against Sunday hunting in MA.

26-Feb-19
yes

26-Feb-19
MA Audubon was a big proponent of the 1998 law that banned trapping and mandated changes to the MA Wildlife BoD.

27-Feb-19
I hunted trustees property this year it was really great. No deer, but great. I bagged Mine in a guys back yard. 58% says lift the ban.

27-Feb-19
Wapiti, were you in Moose Hill or one of the normal hunting properties?

27-Feb-19
I was in sherborn.

02-Mar-19
At this point in my life I enjoy being told to take a day off. However, knowing so many want it I would support Sunday hunting. No matter what regulations come down the pike, I would adapt and continue to enjoy to hunt. One thing you don’t hear much about is decoying. I would love to see that legal.

02-Mar-19
For me personally I can usually find time to hunt Monday through Saturday but there are plenty of hunters that don't have that opportunity. It's time to allow Sunday hunting for those who have limited time in the woods. And yes I would take advantage if the change was made. I am with you 100% Come November there is no logical reason why we should not be able to decoy deer in Ma.

02-Mar-19
So Mr wizhimself..its legal to Sunday hunt in ct, you know the state you claim you're from..actually you claim to be from Redding but ask for help in finding deer, after 35yrs experience it should be a no brainer.right?..

So with that said, where is it written that the voice of god ( whoever he may be) claims Sundays are off limits to anything but paying homage to him? Why can't I pray in his woods and enjoy his glory in what he created rather than sit in a building that most need a map to find to listen to a creepy guy in a jem encrusted hat beg/ rob me of my money that I work hard for ( that is endorsed by him).

02-Mar-19
I know my friends Sunday is supposed to be for family, church, what have you, but times and folks have changed in 50 or so years that I see. We haven't had Sunday hunting in MA and what we do? I take my wife & kids fishing, golfing, hiking.... what ever. Yes. hunting Sundays would be great too. Just because it's open and legal to do so, doesn't mean you have to do it. I haven't been in a church since 1985 when I got married (not bashing it by any means) but just cause I can't hunt, doesn't mean I will go. Family is what I do. Doesn't matter what day of the week it falls on. I hunt CT and this year they opened up Sunday hunting with the Bow on Private land only. I think I went two times. Not a big deal.....Life moves on. I would love to see Sunday hunting opened in MA and for those hardcore guys/gals, fantastic, for the average guy/gal like me, it only gives me an option on picking a better day to go out with the wife/kids to the treestand or ground blind. Might make it more enjoyable for a newbie to get hooked if we had a nice day to go out as opposed to "have" to sit out in rain and crap. Bring Sunday hunting into MA.....

02-Mar-19
That's not constructive dude

02-Mar-19
Glad the ‘ol wizard can’t actually vote in MA :)

02-Mar-19
I think a lot of guys consider the woods their church that way they can bring the family on Sunday hunts and pray to whoever they choose. We could name it the church of the woodland hunters. Ha ha maybe I just had a revelation! It's kinda the best of both worlds!

02-Mar-19
Nah actually wizomatic, I just got done plowing 9 hrs , 3 cemeteries worth..I work for the people you so highly praise, bunch of money grubing lieing baby touching thiefs..they strayed waaaaaaay too far from the words of God and his teachings.. ..you tell me wizster, why is a brass 4" oval picture frame $60. At cost sold for $700. In the name of our Lord?.. Why is the church scamming people at their most vulnerable time? You claim to live in the Redding area?.then surely you must know the diocese was taken over by a management company, one run by priests from Cali. Don't own a plot yet? Best hurry, prices will double and triple depending on the area. All in the name of God. Why is the bishop skimming 20% of the top of all fund raising for personal gain? He's the right hand of the man..why is the church the biggest corrupt orginazation on the planet, the biggest slum lord, the creator of famine and strife, war and disease all in the name of God ?

02-Mar-19
Seriously though if you choose to not hunt on Sunday's because of your religion that's your choice but should not stop others that choose to do so.

02-Mar-19
Pulling puds behind dumpsters for $5 don't count bud..lol ..before being a servant of god I owned a home improvement company with 6 employees..for 30 yrs..still wanna dance wizolicious

02-Mar-19
Darren do you have any friends?

02-Mar-19
Hey I resemble that remark ! And its citrus skoal

02-Mar-19
wizzy is a big tough keyboard warrior, but hes affraid of ticks and cold weather. or, more likely hes just another sad lonely CT troll.

02-Mar-19
Why so negative 360 seriously .never heard of u and u come on here like a shit train

02-Mar-19
You guys talking to an invisible person again lol

03-Mar-19
Bjs, like a fart . you smell in when it first arrives then forget about it ... Cause its just a fart after all.

Invisible.

03-Mar-19
I'm with BJ, I can't see any posts by anyone calling themselves Wiz or 360. We're missing all the fun. I even brought a stick to poke the hornets nest with!

03-Mar-19
Hahaha

04-Mar-19
I'd totally go to church on Sunday. I go every chance I can from Sept 15 (in CT) through Dec 31 (MA)... My chapel being about 15-20 feet off the ground most of the time and covered in swamps and hills and mixed forest. Ahhhhh.

Fran - exactly man... exactly.

04-Mar-19
Very controversial in mass. I'm totally for Sunday hunting. Whether you choose to go to church, or sit in the woods, it shouldn't matter. Most who work cannot afford to hunt during the week so the weekend is our only option.

04-Mar-19
Please forgive my ignorance on this subject. I read here people saying that it’s either church or Hunting on sundays!!! Now it has been a while since I attended Sunday mass, but last I knew it did not last all day. Just a couple hours of my time from 9-11 am. Does this not leave before mass ( if you really want to push the wife’s buttons ) or the afternoon hunt from 2 pm on

Why does there have to be a hunt or church discussion if you can do both ???? Or is it just choosing either for the day and that is it ?

04-Mar-19
I day yes to Sunday hunting. If you want to hunt it, go for it. If you dont, then stay home. Grow a pair and stop crying. I'm with GED.

04-Mar-19
Ahhhh. Makes perfect sense now thanks Pi. Yes the rules are in my opinion obsolete. Just like a lot of rules that were made many moons ago. I would like to see what states allow Sunday Hunting and cross reference those statistics to how much public land is available to hunters in those same states that allow the Sunday Hunting

• Sitka Gear