DanWesson357 26-Feb-19
Cougar 01-Mar-19
Cougar 01-Mar-19
DanWesson357 02-Mar-19
Vonfoust 03-Mar-19
DanWesson357 03-Mar-19
26-Feb-19

DanWesson357's Link
We have good momentum to get Senate Bill #147 passed through the Senate. Please call the Senators on this list. They need to hear from you and why you support Senate Bill #147. Senate Bill #147 will Remove the Prohibition on Sunday Hunting. I does not matter if these are not your District Senators. You can still call. This is a Statewide issue.

Robert Tomlinson 717-787-5072 David Argall 717-787-2637 Kim Ward 717-787-6063 Ryan Aument 717-787-4420 Jake Corman 717-787-1377 Judy Ward 717-787-5490 Mike Folmer 717-787-5708

01-Mar-19
Thanks for the phone numbers. I called them all. Told them I would rather spend my money in Pa. rather than one of the 6 states that borders Pa. They all have sunday hunting

01-Mar-19
Thanks for the phone numbers. I called them all. Told them I would rather spend my money in Pa. rather than one of the 6 states that borders Pa. They all have sunday hunting

02-Mar-19

DanWesson357's Link
Thanks COUGAR......Here is my usual phone conversation transcript. Support for Senate Bill #147

Phone Call Transcript:

Call As MANY Senator Offices as you have time for during Normal Business hours to get a Real Human on the Line.

If you leave a message on a voicemail simply leave your name and a phone number and explain that you Support Senate Bill #147 which will END the prohibition on Sunday Hunting and Strengthen Trespassing Laws and you support Sunday Hunting for…”whatever your reasons are”. Such as Increased funding for conservation, increased youth recruitment for hunting, increased economic stimulus from hunting tourism, desire to hunt your own private land on Sunday, etc.

FOR A PHONE CALL THAT IS ANSWERED---possible conversation and talking points.

OFFICE: “Hello Senator ???’s office this is Christina speaking how may I help you?”

YOU: “Hello Christina this is Tom how are you doing today?” --Wait for their response

OFFICE: (Somewhat surprised at the pleasant tone of your voice and genuine question of interest---you can almost hear the smile of the receptionist and an increased willingness to help you.) “I’m doing fine how may I help you??”

YOU: The reason I am calling today is I am a MEMBER of HUSH, NRA, United Bowhunters of PA, Member of QDMA, MEMBER OF ????? or simply a Proud PA Hunter. I am calling in Regards to Senate Bill #147, and am wondering if SENATOR ????? has had time to gather information on this Senate Bill #147 and formulate a position on this Bill? Either FOR, AGAINST or UNDECIDED???

OFFICE: Receptionist could say “Senator is FOR or AGAINST” but also will likely say they are not certain and would be happy to pass on your views to the Senator.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!

YOU: Thank the receptionist for this information and then ASK...Does the Senator have a ###Legislative Advisor or Legislative Councilor### who YOU can speak with or send information to???---This is the person you want to have the conversation with.

OFFICE: The receptionist will likely say YES and connect you OR They are out of the Office or they can give you their direct email or Office Phone Voice Mail or take your contact info. In addition to being super nice to the receptionist, YOU WANT TO TALK TO THE LEGISLATIVE ADVISOR for the Senator.

YOU: When you get the Legislative Advisor…. Explain ALL your reasons to Support Bill #147. Stay Positive stay focused and use logic and issues that are important to the Senator of that particular district. IF AND ONLY IF the Legislative Advisor brings up concerns about the PA Farm Bureau or Safety Issues or Sunday for Hikers...should you bring up counter points to those arguments. STAY focused on why Senate Bill #147 is a GOOD Bill and should pass.

*HUnters are Conservationists and provide funding for 1.5 Million Acres of State Game Land and over 5 Million Acres of Total Public Land in PA. *Hunting license sales are dwindling and Sunday Hunting could help reverse that trend * 47 of 50 US States allow Sunday Hunting PA is one of only 3 remaining states to prohibit Sunday Hunting. *Hunting is a SAFE Wholesome, Family Oriented activity that is being wrongly prohibited by Government Regulation. Sunday Hunting should be an individual choice. ETC.ECT. ECT.

Then provide your contact information and ask for their direct phone number and email address so that you can contact them in the future with additional information.

GOOD LUCK and GET ON THOSE PHONES!!!

MEMBERS OF THE PA SENATE and their Contact Info

03-Mar-19
Dan once again thank you for your efforts. My brother in law is a member of the Farm Bureau and says he has been getting emails lately from them stating they are still against Sunday hunting and this bill. It is important to make these calls and reach out to these Representatives.

03-Mar-19
Yes I am aware of the PAFB emails. Here is the thing about the PAFB....#1 Hunters and those who want Sunday Hunting are NOT the enemy of the PAFB. We all respect farmers. HOWEVER, the PAFB is very much on the wrong side of this issue. The PAFB is a lobby group like any other and the significance or influence of any lobby group lies in the number of votes it can muster for or against any candidate. So the PAFB purports over 60,000 members in PA. The important thing to understand is that 40,000 of that 60,000 are Non-voting members because they are members who are not actual farmers. Anyone can join the PAFB and when you are a member you get discounts like a lower AAA membership or lower rental car costs. SO there are really only 20,000 PAFB members statewide who are actual farmers and there are over 58,000 working farms in PA. So they represent much less than 1/2 of the farmers in PA. ALSO of the 20,000 voting members who are actual farmers, they are split on the issue of Sunday hunting. So certainly not all 20,000 members are opposed to Sunday Hunting. One last thing about the PAFB, they really are handcuffed by their own Bylaws to revisit and change their stance on legislation. They only have one meeting every year in November where they can vote on and determine PAFB policy. So when a Bill like #147 which included stiffer penalties against trespassing in language that PAFB specifically requested, and that Bill gets passed the Senate Game and Fisheries Committee in February, they can not adapt their position. It is a shame because I know many members who are in favor of SUnday Hunting and it is a lobby group that does good work for farmers...but unfortunately their lessening influence will be revealed on the Sunday Hunting issue. It is going to end up being like a Wizard of OZ scene where the Wizard (PAFB) says, "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." This bill is going to pass in spite of PAFB efforts. The emails to members is evidence that they are worried and know they are losing this battle. KEEP CALLING YOUR SENATORS. We are grassroots and we need PA Citizens to call their Senators.

• Sitka Gear