Wapiti or Bust 05-Mar-19
Bowbob 05-Mar-19
Bowbob 06-Mar-19
Bowhunt 3138 06-Mar-19
Bowbob 10-Mar-19
Arrownoob 07-Apr-19
Mnhunter1980 08-Apr-19
01-Mar-19
Need to purchase a new blind , just looking for any recommendations. The bling I am replacing is an Ameristep blind and I hated it , but I also realize you get what you pay for , it was cheap. I'm looking for something for a slightly lower window height , my daughters have a tough time shooting out of the windows that I had. I really don't want to spend $500 on a blind because i'm trying to get a climber also this year. Thanks

01-Mar-19
Why not just build a natural ground blind whatever size you want..got a dead fall around instant blind

01-Mar-19
And instead of the climber you need a saddle

01-Mar-19
I bought the barronet big cat 350 for me and a friend to turkey hunt. I put it up a few days before hunt I think it scared everything away. It blew away in the wind too. hilarious to see me angry at 3am thinking someone stole it. My fault- it was Swampy I used cheap pegs and there was a wind storm. It’s a great blind, enough room for 3 fatties fo sho. You can stand 6’4” no prob. ( in the middle). I made a natural blind sat there and saw 2 deer 10-15 yards away. They kept staring at me looking away staring etc... it totally worked. This turkey season I’ve been making some great blinds (natural). It’s fun, like making a tree fort, you get outside, scope some locations. It’s as much effort as you want to put in.

I used that big cat 350 one time it la never been shot at. Retail is 190 at $&@&$ https://m.dickssportinggoods.com/p/barronett-blinds-big-cat-350-ground-blind--backwoods-camo-17bblubgct350bckwtsb--1/17bblubgct350bckwtsb?camp=CSE:DSG_92700040969033008_pla_pla-506443129403&gclsrc=aw.ds&&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIst2jqZbi4AIVEMJkCh3RqgRTEAQYBCABEgLhmPD_BwE

$100 if you wanna buy it. Free delivery within reason. If you’re not sure you can come to holliston and I’ll set it up for you. I would recommend setting up blinds with your daughter it’s fun. If you want a big blind this one is pretty nice.

01-Mar-19

Wapiti or Bust 's embedded Photo
Wapiti or Bust 's embedded Photo
Correction: before I meant it’s fun to set up natural blinds. I realize it wasn’t clear. Here’s a pic

01-Mar-19
I have an old double bull (before Primos). Expensive but very nice. I used it 2 times for youth deer. Was set up the night before both years and the youth killed deer both mornings.

I have used it for turkey successfully.

I like the hub blinds. You get what you pay for.

02-Mar-19
Thanks guys , actually Barronett and Primos were the 2 blind companies I was looking at. Wapiti thanks , i'll let you know , i'm from Dighton so not to far.

02-Mar-19
I was out cutting 6’ posts for a natural blind I’ll finish in this month of March. I’ll drive em into the swampy ground probably 6-9”.

03-Mar-19
Yup pre primos double bull matrix 360. I’ve had it at least 20 yrs. No troubles. Have had deer come to 5 yds of it. Shot lotso turkeys from it. All bow. Way back when I first got it I had set up in the dark not knowing I was right near the roosting tree. They flew down and landed a few yds from the blind. I had at least 30 turkeys completely surrounding the blind including 7 or 8 mature Toms with real long beards.They were all strutting their stuff for the ladies. One rode home in my truck that day and it was the most exciting turkey hunt I’ve ever had in my life. For those who know me and some of my stories that is one of the things that have happened to me while hunting that made me say “I wish I had a camera. Nobody will believe this”.and why I started filming my adventures.

04-Mar-19
Is there that much of a difference on blinds before Primos?

04-Mar-19
Send spike78 a PM to ask about his Ghost Blind. Those look pretty cool, and are about 150 bucks if I recall.

I have an old Double Bull 360 Matrix. It's been great, but, I dont use it much... I dont leave it out, and it makes my fully loaded summit/backpack etc feel light. Seriously, when I trek the blind and pack in, I bet it's 75#. Makes for a good workout every time I turkey or deer hunt with it.

Notme has a great point though, go natural, it can work great. Or, get a good leafy suit or ghille - ask Tekoa about his success with a Ghille.

Lots of good ways to kill deer/turkeys. find the one you like that fits your budget and enjoy it.

05-Mar-19

Notme's embedded Photo
Blow down, I carved out a couple of Windows and a door..just make sure that if you add a roof its high enough that you don't hit your bow at the shot
Notme's embedded Photo
Blow down, I carved out a couple of Windows and a door..just make sure that if you add a roof its high enough that you don't hit your bow at the shot
Notme's embedded Photo
Made this one out of dead laurels laying around
Notme's embedded Photo
Made this one out of dead laurels laying around
A little para cord, a hand saw and some imagination. Think to when you were a kid building forts..lol I don't think I've never spent more than a 1/2 hr on them, always big enough for 2 and close to my tree stand for those lazy times.. The rush is killer when they're 5 ft from ya!!!

05-Mar-19
Notme needs em big enough for two when he brings the girl out... goes from huntin deer to huntin somethin else...... lol

05-Mar-19
For those quiet times...lol

05-Mar-19
I have a swampy field area you can see 360 degrees with no cover. I’m going to drive some stakes down when things thaw out a little bit I can’t wait to show it off.

05-Mar-19

Bowbob's embedded Photo
Bowbob's embedded Photo
I take my 2 daughters that are 16 years old and 13 years old. I like to try to get them out if I can. This was my older daughter a year ago , 20 yard head shot with her Mission.

06-Mar-19
Difference on double bull blinds before Primos and after ??

06-Mar-19
Beautiful bird Bb. I love the white in the wings . Looks like a Merriam's.

10-Mar-19
Wapiti , I have done the same thing , I had set my blind the day before going out with my youngest daughter. The next morning went to the spot and the blind was gone , we looked for 30 minutes and started thinking someone stole it. It had blown away and we actually walked past it walking in but never saw it , we had a good laugh on that one.

07-Apr-19
Yeah those swampy areas are to stake down. Lesson: tie a string to a bush or shrub.

08-Apr-19
I’ve had very good luck making blinds out of pallets. I tucked one under a big white pine and brushed it in really well. It takes about 15 minutes a year to freshen it up with pine bows and corn stalks etc. I know it isn’t the best option for all spots but on a field edge it’s hard to beat for camo and comfort. They make for a great gun test for the kids too.

• Sitka Gear