Bob Hildenbrand 23-Mar-19
Flintnocker 23-Mar-19
BC173 23-Mar-19
Bob Hildenbrand 23-Mar-19
stick n string 24-Mar-19
huntinelk 24-Mar-19
Flintnocker 24-Mar-19
03-Mar-19
United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania 907 Derbyshire Avenue Mechanicsburg, Pa. 17055 Phone: (717) 766-3620 In PA only: 800-279-2024

The United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania support providing the Pennsylvania Game Commission with the ability to utilize Sunday hunting as a wildlife management option, to be used at their discretion in any or all of the Wildlife Management Units across the Commonwealth Over the years our polls and surveys conducted on members and non-members alike consistently indicate that a majority of archery season hunters support the removal of the ban on hunting on Sunday. With a majority of states across the country offering Sunday hunting opportunity, including every state which borders Pennsylvania, we feel that this opportunity is long overdue.

Many adult hunters find themselves with little available time to either hunt or to take their children hunting due to work and mandatory vacation scheduling. In addition, our youth find themselves in similar straits due to school and extracurricular activities. The majority of school districts in Pennsylvania no longer close on the first day of antlered deer season so it is no longer the “statewide holiday” that it was in the past.

The United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania respectfully ask for your support in removing the ban on hunting on Sunday.

Rick Conley, President United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania

03-Mar-19

DanWesson357's embedded Photo
Here is a Photo of the Actual Letter with UBP letterhead.

06-Mar-19
Again Ron....how many trespassers have you actually prosecuted?

06-Mar-19
Not sure if we ever actually asked our membership specifically about the trespassing issue although I can see the obvious connection and I know we need something stronger and easier to enforce. How about one thing at a time here?

06-Mar-19
Agree Art, although backards for some;)

06-Mar-19

06-Mar-19
As if hunting on Sunday has anything to do with trespassing laws...

07-Mar-19
Sounds like you need to create a "PA Landowners Association Against Trespassers" organization mr. longbow and start talking to the legislators about this issue that is very important to you.

07-Mar-19
PaLongbow, I'm a land owner and have trespassing issues and I guess way more than you have. I have two polelines running thru my place and atver ride on it them all the time. Yes I have hikers and bikers and hunters also. On the first nice day in the spring I probably have 20 trespassers. But I still also want to hunt on Sundays.

I'm going to tell you right now that you avoid lots of question when guys ask you them. In another thread you asked my a question, I answer and you avoid mine. Just like the one above you won't address. Your credibility by avoiding them is not going to get you any sympathy and I believe you really have a "different" agenda. I also know that asking you a question now is going to be a waste of my time as you won't answer it. Don't come on here and try to plead your case and then when asked a very legitimate question avoid it. Ed

07-Mar-19
I would like to see trespassing laws like Ohio has. Written permission required. Pretty simple. Put the burden on the hunter not the land owner.

07-Mar-19
PaLongbow,, "What does it have to do with Sunday hunting.....its another day that we have to deal with lame trespass penalties and lawless people" Having Sunday hunting will give me about about 250% more time to hunt. 250% may sound like a lot of time but when you only got out 4,,,, 3 to 4 hour Saturdays evenings and 5 days that I took off work it's not a lot. Ed

07-Mar-19
Thanks Ed!! And there are many more in the same boat.

07-Mar-19
Thanks Ed!! And there are many more in the same boat.

08-Mar-19
So PALongbow is trying to sell not hunting on Sunday stops tresspassing. As of right now, there is no tresspassing going on in Sundays. Using his logic, they should ban hunting completely so there would never be any tresspassing ever again.

08-Mar-19
I got a feeling there is just as much trespassing on Sundays, just that the landowner isn't out there to see it. No Sunday hunting hasn't stopped one ATV rider on our place.

08-Mar-19
Ron, what about the 1000's of hunters, kids families affected by no Sunday hunting?? I bet that there is way more hunters that can't, but want to hunt on Sundays then there is land owners that don't want Sunday hunting.

If Someone owns land and has a trespassing problem and doesn't use the trespassing laws we have now, then where does the problem lie? The first offense is just a summary offense, but the second offense becomes a misdemeanor. What is the law if you trespass on land that is already posted, I think it's not a summary offense, but a misdemeanor?? Am I correct on this?? I'm pretty sure if you are asked to leave and don't or if you are asked, you leave and then come back it's a misdemeanor. My question is (not to Ron he never answers questions) why don't land owners use the laws we have now?? I don't know a person that likes to get any kind of ticket.. I know of one lady that owns a horse farm (farm is outside of Clarks Summit) that will have people ticked for trespassing and everyone knows, YOU don't go on her farm.

08-Mar-19
^^^ what he said^^^

Your on a roll Ed.

08-Mar-19
So PALongbow is saying the only people who trespass are hunters. Everyone other than hunters respects the State's Tresspassing Laws. Therefore, hunters should not be afforded more time to pursue their way of life either alone or with friends and family.

08-Mar-19
Ron, now your bring in theft and other activities.. Come on Ron!!!

I wounder if it's because the trespass thing is now working out????????

This leaves me to this,,,, on the no Sunday hunting, that are hunters!!! I don't want to hunt on Sundays and DAMMED if I'm going to let someone else shooting "MY" deer on a day I don't want to hunt!!!!!!!!!!!

08-Mar-19
:) I'll start here then.

08-Mar-19
PALongbow, it does sound silly, doesn't it? But that's how your arguement is being interpreted by some of us. It makes as much sense as banning the use of cars on Sunday because people ignore the posted speed limit signs.

Believe it or not, we all care about people tresspassing, we just don't see it as a valid reason to stop a Sunday Hunting Bill.

08-Mar-19

DanWesson357's Link
Text of Senate Bill #147 No. 147 Session of 2019 INTRODUCED BY LAUGHLIN, BREWSTER, STREET AND YAW, FEBRUARY 1, 2019 SENATOR LAUGHLIN, GAME AND FISHERIES, AS AMENDED, FEBRUARY 5, 2019 AN ACT Amending Title 34 (Game) of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes, IN PENNSYLVANIA GAME COMMISSION, FURTHER PROVIDING FOR ACCOUNTABILITY; AND, in hunting and furtaking, further providing for hunting on Sunday prohibited, providing for hunting on Sunday and further providing for trespass on private property while hunting. The General Assembly of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania hereby enacts as follows: Section 1. Section 2303 of Title 34 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated Statutes is amended by adding a subsection to read: SECTION 1. SECTIONS 328 AND 2303 OF TITLE 34 OF THE PENNSYLVANIA CONSOLIDATED STATUTES ARE AMENDED BY ADDING SUBSECTIONS TO READ:

§ 2303. Hunting on Sunday prohibited. * * * (d) Expiration.--This section shall expire upon the publication of the regulation under section 2303.1(b) (relating to hunting on Sunday). Section 2. Title 34 is amended by adding a section to read: § 2303.1. Hunting on Sunday. (a) General rule.--The commission may institute Sunday hunting by regulation promulgated in accordance with section

2102 (relating to regulations). (b) Applicability.--It shall be lawful for a person to hunt for any furbearer or game on Sunday on and after the publication of the final regulation under subsection (a). Section 3. Section 2314 of Title 34 is amended to read:

§ 2314. Trespass on private property while hunting. [(a) General rule.--Any person who while violating any provision of this title or any regulations promulgated under this title and who in addition is found to be trespassing as defined in 18 Pa.C.S. § 3503 (relating to criminal trespass) shall be in violation of this section. (b) Penalty.--A violation of this section: (1) A violation of this section is a summary offense of the fifth degree. (2) A second or subsequent violation of this section within a seven-year period is a summary offense of the fifth degree and may result in forfeiture of the privilege to hunt or take game or wildlife anywhere within this Commonwealth for a period of one year.] (a) General rule.--A person, while engaged in hunting or furtaking, commits an offense if, knowing that the person is not licensed or privileged to do so, the person: (1) enters or remains on any land of another without authorization to do so, when the land is posted in a manner prescribed by law or reasonably likely to come to the person's attention or is fenced or enclosed in a manner manifestly designed to exclude trespassers; or (2) enters or remains on any land of another without authorization and defies an order not to enter or to leave that has been personally communicated to the person by the owner of the land or other authorized person. (b) Penalty.--An offense under this section shall be graded as follows: (1) A person who violates subsection (a)(1) commits a summary offense of the third degree. (2) A person who violates subsection (a)(2) commits a misdemeanor. (3) A person who commits a second or subsequent violation of this section within a seven-year period commits a misdemeanor, and the second or subsequent violation shall result in forfeiture of the privilege to hunt or take game or wildlife anywhere within this Commonwealth for a period of one year. Section 4. This act shall take effect in 60 days.

08-Mar-19
Thank you Dan. And Bob, your right on the money.

08-Mar-19
Ron , is it just hunting or all around trespassing?? Yes it a question and i'm not sure you are going to answer it as you didn't answer others questions or questions asked be me.

08-Mar-19
I will start a thread on how trespassing works.

08-Mar-19
How is Sunday hunting goin to affect the deer herd? I love hunting been doing it for 36 years but I don't know if they change to sunday hunting I will even go, I know the areas I hunt alot the deer herd has been decreased dramatically, I know there's guys on here that say find a new place to hunt or you don't know how to hunt bull shiiitt. And most of those guys are hunting south east pa where the herd is very good. I don't have the time to travel 2 or 4 hours to hunt deer.

09-Mar-19
Ron, I understand that. I guess what I'm saying is the part about the trespass laws being imposed on hunting. If I understand this correctly if laws are stiffened only on hunting and not all around, you still not going to support Sunday hunting????

09-Mar-19
What the heck do you want, prison?

11-Mar-19
Ron, challenging the moderator and what posts he pulls/leaves is against forum rules. Maybe we need big yellow banners on the page to help u know where the line is.....

11-Mar-19
Don't feel bad ROn......................................it happens to ALL of us! ;-)

11-Mar-19
Just passing along what ive been told many times as my posts went “nocturnal”, thats all.

As for the accusation of me being a trespasser....nope, NEVER done it. I used to hunt a farm in which in the VERY back corner, the property line to the neighbor was 30 yds away from my stand on the other side of a barbed wire fence. That property owner didnt live on the property, there was no home, only an implement shed. Many times i waited for the deer to jump to my side of the fence before drawing and releasing an arrow. Some times, they paralleled the femce never coming onto the prop i could hunt, and walking away to love another day. I was raised to know how to respect other peoples things, properties included. I was also raised to not sit and cry about something if i wasnt willing to ACTUALLY do something about it if i could. You missed that lesson apparently.... But maybe THAT is whats hitting a little too close to home for somebody.... It’s ashame, cuz im sure u are a nice fella that isnt lazy and whiny. But from what i see....

11-Mar-19
C’mon Ron...show us on the therapy doll, where the trespassers touched you. ;-)

11-Mar-19
Ron I am a landowner. I do fully understand what a landowner goes through with people that don’t understand respecting other people’s property. Every single spring I get pictures of people trespassing on my ground and pulling morel mushrooms right out of my soil that I can sell for good money that I use to put right back into that soil. And every time I get a picture of somebody cartying a bag it infuriates me and I just pray for the day that I can be there to catch them doing it. But for me to spend every day whining and crying about it, it doesn’t make sense because I have not put forth the effort to prosecute these people. From what I’m told by my friend in town that knows everything about that town, they don’t live around there, they used to have a family member that lived close by and at that time they had permission to gather mushrooms on our property. That was 40 years and two owners ago. The previous owner did not give them permission either but never utilized the ground so didn’t know they were doing it. We really have no way to go after them because we don’t know who they are or where they live, therefore we have to catch them in the act. And I will someday. At that point I’m hoping I have a cool enough had to call the police and deal with it that way versus with my own hands. But until the day I am willing to actively do something about it, regardless how little or how much they may be punished, I have no right to cry about it at every turn.

Most people here agree 1000% that the trespassing laws should be stiffer. But to not try to get Sunday hunting allowed just because we can’t also give the death penalty for trespassing makes no sense. If a landowner is not willing to enforce the trespass Laws regardless of the punishment, Then the landowner is not doing anything but encouraging that behavior.

What you’re doing is painting yourself as a victim when you won’t do what little power you have to stop the behavior That is victimizing you. A slap on the wrist is a slap on the wrist but nothing at all is an invitation to continue doing what they’re doing

11-Mar-19
Ron, build a wall around the perimeter of your property

11-Mar-19
If I understand right??? If the game commission is aloud to enforce trespassing law for hunters and even have stiffer penalties for hunters,, but not have stiffer penalties or enforce laws on fishermen, atv'ers or hikers. Some land owners will not support Sunday hunting..

11-Mar-19
Ron, so what I'm saying is correct?

12-Mar-19
Not true at all, Ron. As a resident of PA, I own and have access to over 4.2 million acres of public land at my disposal to enjoy. In addition to that, I also have access to private land which I help the landowners maintain. I'm not sure where you live, but here in the southeast most folks don't own huge chunks of land, and that makes for more neighbors. In my experience, having a dialogue between adjacent land & property owners goes a long way in helping to eliminate, or at least curb, trespassing issues. Most of the time, you'll even make some new friends, come to a better understanding, and make compromises. You've never really stated the exact nature of your trespassers and trespassing problems, but perhaps we could help in some way. PM me your address, and I'll stop by, survey your land, help you assess the trespasser problem in the best way possible. Sometimes you just have to admit when you're in over your head. It honestly sounds like this whole land ownership & trespassing issue has you way too stressed out. Have you ever considered a condo? Ahhh….nevermind on that! If you've ever had to pay HOA fees, you would really know what it feels like to be violated! Just consider this...have you ever thought, that if Sunday hunting was indeed passed, then perhaps that would be the very thing to create the need for stiffer trespass laws and penalties? After all, it seems to have worked out that way in 47 other states, right? Don't put the cart in front of the horse...Sunday hunting is a HUGE opportunity for us all, and we can build on it once that milestone is passed. Time to lead, follow, or get out of the way...but stop bringing up bs trespassing issues just so you can keep moving the goal post further and further away.

12-Mar-19
"You don't know half of the story of what is going on with trespassing and land ownership in PA. Nothing I will talk about here."- PALongbow

Then please, Ron....if you're not going to enlighten us all, please quit whining, crying, and complaining about a situation you won't do anything to resolve yourself. You sound like a typical lazy slob...wanting the government to do all the hard work for you. I'll admit I'm being selfish by pushing for an opportunity for every hunter in this state, if you admit you're being selfish by trying to deny those same hunters that opportunity. Agreed?

12-Mar-19
"You don't know half of the story of what is going on with trespassing and land ownership in PA. Nothing I will talk about here. There is a very legitimate reason why this issue is being pushed by landowners in PA." Some secret landowner society meeting in the dark alley out back discussing trespassing issues?? So, what is this big secret that prevents you from prosecuting trespassers? I do know trespassing here in the SW is rampant but, the landowners that want to do something about it do, and it usually gets straightened out pretty quickly when trespassers have to start paying fines........

Sunday hunting.....here we come!!!!!

12-Mar-19
I have this talk With my five-year-old every time I make shrimp for myself and my eight-year-old. Honey I know you say that shrimp tastes bad, but you’ve never tasted shrimp so although you want to record to show that shrimp tastes bad, you’re just pounding the table to make noise in effort to reach your agenda of not having to try something that you’ve already made your mind up that you don’t like.

Until you actually take a bite of shrimp Ron, Don’t tell me that the penalties in place don’t work. Are they weak? They probably are(and nobody here has disagreed that they should be stiffer) but they’re not as weak as not doing anything about it at all. Maybe prosecuting will not work for you, but you do not know, you’re Just pounding the table and making noise.

Your way of going about this has been to just complain about the policies that are in place and yet you will not admit to ever having tried to enforce them. If you’ve tried to do so on different occasions and it hasn’t worked then your argument has legs to stand on. But given the fact you have been asked many times and have yet to say you’ve prosecuted any one of the apparent many trespassers, I can only assume that you have never put forth the effort to actually try the policies in place, you only want to complain about them and say they won’t work when you in fact do not know.

You are the vegan that has their mind made up that animals have the exact same level of rights that humans do and should not be used for our purposes what so ever, only because u love ur cat. You are the anti-Hunter that refuses Look at the whole picture and see that hunting is an important management tool for animal species. You’ve got your mind set and even though you only have assumptions to back up what you believe, that’s all you will believe.

Just take a little bite, doesn’t have to be a big bite. And I recommend trying it with cocktail sauce. If you don’t like it, spit it out but at least you will be able to actually say that you know you don’t like shrimp. You wont just have to pound the table, you can then pound the facts....

12-Mar-19
Here's what I've learned.. If hunting trespass law are strengthened and made easier to be cited why hunting.... But not across the board for hikes fishermen and so on some entitled lands owners will hold hunters hostage so that they can dictate how the laws are made that best suits their agenda.

Does anyone agree or see this?? If land owner will not use the laws we have now how will new laws work.. Time my dad caught a bunch of kids partying on his place he called the cops, they came and ticketed each kid for trespassing.. Word got out and he didn't have anymore problems for years. Ed

12-Mar-19
Bingo, Ed. That's what we're all bearing witness to here. Just think, if your dad handled that situation like Ron would...those kids' grandkids would still be partying on his place.

12-Mar-19
I couldn’t agree with you guys anymore than I already do. And as far as Ron saying, he and his farmer friends are against this, I say, let them post their property. It probably already is. And like stick said,” there are 4.2 million acres in this state to hunt.’ That is ALL I hunt. So Ron, you and your friends can “post till your hearts content. “

12-Mar-19
My bad. I quoted stick with saying there were 4.2 million acres in Pa. it was actually Josh. Sorry fellas.

13-Mar-19
Trespassing in this state is a joke, and will continue to be a joke. It is terrible during hunting season but not just that. Snow mobiles, ATV's Quads and horses and people just trespassing cause they can. It is not a SH issue but a statewide entitlement issue. I have chased people off 4 different properties for the last 25 years and I will tell you this. The common denominator is that it is all handed down from generation to generation. Fathers teaching sons, grandfathers teaching grandsons. See it, heard it and witnessed it. On more than a few occasions, terrible. The SH issue has more to do with an illegal religious biased, based antique blew law than it does trespassing. Will trespassing stop, nope. Will teeth in this bill help, yup. But why slow this bill down for one thing that has nothing to do with the other. Do trespassers really need an extra day to trespass? Chances are they already are, you ain't catching them .

13-Mar-19
Ron, not an argument but getting SH is a battle I personally have fought since I was old enough to understand why this state forbids us to do so. This is not an opportunity I want to see pushed aside for trespassing riders in this piece of legislation. Yes we agree it needs changing, and your POV is important, but big picture let's get this done and let the hunters of Pa enjoy SH which we have been denied for so long. Sorry man.. Trespassing is the "most handed down tradition" in Pa, no doubt but lets get this done.

13-Mar-19

Bob McArthur's Link
Ron, you need to set a couple or three of these up on your property.

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/trespassing-hunter-gets-blasted-paint-video/

13-Mar-19
What is the fine for a first offense? I can't imagine that wouldn't deter somebody. Even if its only 150 -200 bucks. Most people wouldn't want to pay that a 2nd time. I know I wouldn't. For me, if I was a trespasser, the fine would not have to be in the 1000s to deter me.

13-Mar-19
Jethro, after looking this over, seems PA's laws on trespass and actual fines/penalties are actually fairly costly, on the face of things: I think the REAL issue the reluctance of the police and the courts to enforce the laws that are already on the books. Same age old problem.....

https://www.josephlento.com/criminal-trespass-attorney-in-pennsylvania

13-Mar-19
Easier to cry

13-Mar-19
Read your link Justin. The penalties on the books are tougher than I thought, including jail time. Although I certainly hope nobody has to spend time in jail for 1 offense. I can understand a landowners frustration if he can't get police to respond and issue citations. That's not right. But still don't get the connection of needing stiffer penalties and Sunday hunting.

13-Mar-19
There is no Sunday hunting as we speak today. So, if you are having trespassing issues now on Sunday, it certainly is not hunters doing the trespassing.

13-Mar-19
BC173 +1, yeah... What he said.

14-Mar-19
You have not prosecuted with the penalties that are in place. Dodge it all u want Ron, your opinion carries no weight. You do not in fact know whether the penalties are enough or not. Own it homie

14-Mar-19
Everyone knows that there will never be a fine of 10k for trespassing even Ron knows that..

So lets ask for fines so big that they and we know that it will never get so we don't sound selfish in our quest to keep hunters from hunting on Sundays.

I've never heard a hunter against Sunday hunting say I don't want Sunday hunting because I don't want to hunt on Sundays and I don't want guys hunting on Sundays shooting My deer.

I also don't believe even though stated in a earlier thread that he had guys cited for trespassing fishing in his pond that he did.

I will not address trespassing anymore with Ron as I don't believe his reason because if you where having folk cited you would not be having problem. If anyone wants to prove me wrong give my the name of the township where they have been cited and I'l check on it.. It's public record..

This has come to make me believe that blowing a stop sign the fine should be 20k and 2 years in jail as blowing a stop sign as you can kill someone doing that. Anyone agree??? Anyone ever see a land owner get killed just because someone "trespassed" walked on there land??

14-Mar-19
Colorado don't have many trespassers.. I think it's because land owns actually use the laws.. I just looked at Colorado fines. I think theirs our less than ours for first timer..

copy and paste below. And since we are talking Hunting not atv, hikers I found the law on trespassing hunting.

WHAT IS THE FINE FOR TRESPASSING IN COLORADO? Trespassing is a $100 fine in Colorado. In addition, the charge of trespassing carries an assessment of 20 license suspension points. While the fine itself may not seem like a large amount, having 20 license suspension points assessed against you for pleading guilty to or being convicted of trespassing will lead to suspension of your hunting and fishing privileges. Trespassing is a strict liability crime, meaning you can be found guilty even if you did not know you were, or did not intend to trespass onto someone’s private property.

14-Mar-19
Land does not have to be posted to be charged with trespassing in Pa.

14-Mar-19
Quit posting facts!

14-Mar-19
Ron, how many times did you prosecute and how

14-Mar-19
So you have (for the first time) informed us that you have prosecuted. How many times have you prosecuted an offender a second time? Its relevant to the topic because im collecting data in order to help myself agree or disagree with you. And go....

15-Mar-19
Maybe the answer is higher property taxes so that more police can be hired to protect posted land.

15-Mar-19
Right, land does not require posting and the trespassers first response is such. However in this state land does not need to be posted for it to be legal. Trespassers use this as the playing dumb tactic every time. Should it matter? Nope, doe the lazy courts make it matter yup. I have one that is posted so heavy Helen Keller could not get it without seeing them, but alas, dirt bags stroll past them every year.

15-Mar-19
I say find them fine them repeat. Make the fines so high that repeat offenders are among the minority and not the majority.

15-Mar-19
They fine speeders in constructions zones pretty hefty and I don't see it making much of a difference.

15-Mar-19
Yes Ron, i do agree the penalties should be stiffer. Just as i’ve agreed all along they should be. How many ppl have you prosecuted a second time?

15-Mar-19
Not an answer to the question. How many times have you prosecuted a trespasser twice?

16-Mar-19
So you’ve never had to prosecute a second time? Prosecuting once has taken care of that trespasser?

People shouldnt trespass. But people suck. I cant stand trespassing, and im all for the trespass penalty being way stiffer. My point all along has been that regardless of what rules r in place, if you havent used them to stop trespassing then you cant say whether they are effective. You certainly cant hold up Sunday hunting over it.

Sunday hunting is going to pass, brother. Who knows, maybe not this time, but its going to pass...soon. If it doesnt, it wont be because YOU think the trespass laws should be stiffer and you’ve made your point that nobody understands the trespassing issue like you do clear. However, if and when the push ever comes for stiffer trespass penalties, do u think you are helping or hurting your chance to gain any help from the people who dont own ground and “dont understand” that you’ve bashed thru this hole thing to back you in that cause?

I do legitimately feel bad for you and the trespass issues you have. The area you live in, the ppl must be complete jerks. Trespassers are slobs. As has been mentioned, there are MILLIONS of acres of public ground available to ANYBODY in this state. You did what you had to do to buy your ground and should be able to decide WHO utilizes ur ground and how they use it. They shouldnt touch it without YOUR permission. That is inarguable. But i just cant stand beside you in your case that the systems in place arent good enough, because you either havent fully used the system in place(and had it fail, giving you a leg to stand on) or it has indeed worked(you havent prosecuted a second time). Of course you shouldnt have to prosecute once, but people suck. They do have an entitlement or i dont care attitude. But thats cuz people suck, not cuz they arent afraid of the penalties.

16-Mar-19
Someone walking across your property is not the same thing as breaking into your house, man. Goodness dude.

16-Mar-19
You received threats? How did it go when you prosecuted for them threatening you?

17-Mar-19
No prosecuting=no charges

18-Mar-19
Brothers, Time to get on this in a very serious way. One of the biggest hangups that yet persists after all these years is the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau. Here is a suggestion you all might want to consider. If you join the PFB. you get to vote. The insurance benefits savings to to you as a member will Pay for your membership. If enough of you do this and encourage every sportsman you know to do the same thing...We WILL have Sunday sooner than later. Think of what that would mean to you, your kids, their kids...... do it now.

19-Mar-19
Ed, great idea... we join and give them more cash to get this shut down? Just like the NRA when the time came for them to listen to the members and archers of this state, they back door us on the XBOW inclusion. I will admit it sounds good, but giving more money to the PFB who fights this tooth and nail at every turn is like wasting money, same as joining the NRA.

19-Mar-19
I was under the impression that the Farm Bureau already voted 103-47 or something like that FOR Sunday hunting and it is the leadership that will not acknowledge that.

19-Mar-19
Yes.

19-Mar-19
Tried to read it, the ink was all blurry from all the tears...couldnt make it out... Does it say anything about people being too lazy to use the penalties already in place?

19-Mar-19
Ill just assume you filled out the survey, to not endorse Sunday hunting.

As Chris pointed out, by 103-47 margin, the Farm Bureau voted in favor of Sunday hunting. So, this leads me to believe, that the Farm Bureau is actually run by a few elder statesman, who could care less what the majority of hunters in this state want. To the point of even controlling all the SGL's. You know, the properties that, we, the hunter actually paid for.

19-Mar-19
As per forum rules, using foul language is not allowed. Ron...you are trespassing against posted forum regulations. You should be fined $10k or more...maybe then you'll learn your lesson and won't be an entitled poster who thinks they can just do whatever they want, in regards to shirking the laws already in place. Guys like you give all us Bowsiters a bad name. Clean it up, a show a little class, please.

19-Mar-19
I am a landowner(both PRIVATE and public land)

19-Mar-19
Somebody who seriously wants something to change would do what he could do to create movement for that to happen. Not movement by the way of suppressing other things but movement By actually doing something other than pissing in moaning to reach the change you’re seeking. But instead you’re going to sit back and piggyback on other peoples work and suppress what they want so they’ll do it for you. Seems to be your MO, from what i can tell. Talk about things instead of actually doing something. Bob hit the nail on the head on the other thread when he said that non-landowners don’t care about your land ownership because you don’t care about anything but you want and the landowners you’re arguing with don’t care about your land ownership because you’re too lazy to actually do anything about the things you’re crying about

19-Mar-19
Get off ur box n do somethin with something other than your mouth n tear ducts. What have you ACTUALLY done to stop trespassing. Besides try to keep hunters from doing something all but 3 states allow......

19-Mar-19
My Father-in-law owned land for years outside of Mt. Pocono. He had problems with trespassers all the time. Mostly with the guy he bought 100 acres from. The old man was crazy! Thought just because he USED to own the land, he could walk the property whenever he wanted. He and his wife actually walked in and sat down to Turkey hunt within 40y of me while I was archery hunting one day. I thought about calling out and asking him what He was doing, but this was before it was legal to carry a pistol while Bowhunting, so all I had was my bow. And he had a 12 ga so I thought better of it. After awhile they got up and walked off and never knew I was there.

Another time we were all up at the cabin on a Sunday in Oct and my wife and I went to leave that morning. As we are driving out the lane we see a pickup truck backed up to the woods unloading LOWES bags full of leaves. They were NOT emtying the bags mind you- they were throwing the full bags on the ground and leaving them there. I boxed their truck in, then called my father-in-law. He then called the police and had them cited. Turns out they were told by their neighbors that they could dump leaves and trash on my father-in-law’s property. He had trash dumped there on numerous ocasions and had several people cited. Well, word got out pretty quick that his property was not a good place to dump! ;-)

But we had people trespass a lot. His land bordered SGL and people would “get lost” and wander onto his property even though it was posted (by him AND the PGC!)

Then when you would see a trespasser you had to decide if it was worth ruining your hunt to confront the guy(IF you could catch up to him- most times by the time you climbed Down from your tree he was long gone! : ()

We confronted a few, but most times they played dumb and acted like it was a mistake. It always slowed down for awhile, but would pick back up. Even had the place robbed once when my wife’s cousin would stay there between shifts (he was a State Trooper). They caught the dirtbags bragging that they “ripped off the police!” ;-)

So, my point is...............,,..you may be able to curb the trespassing somewhat, but you will never eliminate it! So why hold Sunday Hunting hostage, trying to eliminate something that will ALWAYS be there???!!!

19-Mar-19
Good to see there is still sime common sense. and then there's that ole ying and yang thang:)

19-Mar-19
Friends, the presently seated PGC does support. Ya'll need remind your district elected officials you vote, all your friends and talk it all around BRFORE polling hours start:) Gently, I repeat Gently remind them they do work for us not tother wayround:) I don't beat up on my Rep, and my Sentr, just call the office and tell them how my family feels on any given issue. Sometimes a year later, I notice things have swung a bit our way. The I make another call, and tell them I've noticed, which you all can do also simply by checking their voting records while they are in Harrisburg representing YOU and your family and friends and either thanking them or merely suggesting " alot more to do yet". Try it, you'll like it:)

20-Mar-19
"Oh so your now a moderator. I'll send your badge as soon as I have them printed up. Don't take offense to the clown emblem on the badge...." Ron

Ron, I'm not a moderator, and don't feel the need to become one. We have a fantastic moderator now, that is doing a fine job. Print that badge up, and when it's ready, let me know...I'll PM you my mailing address. I'm going to assume that this is an "all access" badge, that will allow me permission to hunt, trap, and fish on your property though. One more thing...I'm fine with the clown picture on the front, as long as you put a picture of the back side of a donkey on the other side....just to remind me of the guy who made it for me. :)

20-Mar-19
Print a couple. I'll wear one when I hunt! :)

20-Mar-19
Im a landowner that doesnt Believe the system in place is so bad that we should hold Sunday hunting hostage.

But PM me a copy of the letters that you’re sending and if you don’t mind I will make some minor adjustments if I see fit or just change your name out with mine and I will send them to my legislators. I’m interested to see what kind of work you’ve done

20-Mar-19
Sunday Hunting--- A law that needs repealing. Focus people.. Focus.

20-Mar-19
Ron I have asked you several times how you have prosecuted trespassers. I believe you have claimed to prosecute first time offenders and then I asked how many times you have prosecuted a second time. I have answered your question but I will answer it again as soon as my question is answered. How many times have you prosecuted a second time offender? Have you ever prosecuted a specific trespasser more than once and if yes, have you prosecuted anybody more than twice?

20-Mar-19
Ron, stay on point.. This is bigger than just you and your issues. We discussed it, I relate but we are trying to do something that will impact people for years to come, not tomorrows trespassers.

20-Mar-19

20-Mar-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Put these up on your Property Ron...............they will solve all your problems! ;-)

20-Mar-19
lololololol Dan.

Both those signs would make most ppl think twice. I know a guy in Illinois, u dont cross lines out there where he’s at. And it isnt because of the “laws” penalties....

20-Mar-19
Sunday hunting and trespass are separate issues. Yes, this legislation does address trespass, to some extent. The Farm Bureau, with all it's pull, hasn't made trespass an issue with legislators, and now they complain?

I have more atv trespassers than I do hunter trespass, and that's 7 days a week. Why can't I hunt 7 days a week

20-Mar-19
So just prostitute them out

21-Mar-19
You got a banjo, Ron? That should scare them away...

23-Mar-19

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

23-Mar-19
rflmoa

23-Mar-19
Hello Bob!! Long time no see! Miss you too. ed

23-Mar-19
lmfao...Bahahaha

23-Mar-19
Ed....how goes the battle?

24-Mar-19
And if you dont prosecute, he will have ZERO motivation to not ever do it again.

24-Mar-19
Sure would be nice to click on a thread about Sunday hunting in PA and be able to read about the hard work being done and the progress being made on....Sunday hunting.

If I wanted to read about new trespass laws in PA I would look for a thread titled "Whining about trespass laws in PA".

Thank you to those that are working hard and making efforts to gain Sunday hunting in PA.

Yes, I am a landowner in PA.

24-Mar-19
Bobby! Nice to hear from you again!! If you are kindly inquiring about the battle on the Loyalsock, it's reached an occasional nervous shot now and again. so far all misses. If you are reffering to the uphill engagement to provide more Hunter Opportunity (especially youth) opportuniy) to be outside in Nature(where we should be for ALL the Right Reasons...well that campaign continues.We need just another round of 'reserves' to infiltrate the officers' ranks in the opposing forces. And we need execute a few of the easily identified of theirs within our own ranks. Hoisted by their own bowstrings sounds 'equitable'. Other than that very personal obsaervation...things are very good hands in ALL our related Allies' quite able management teams...and I am quite content to merely tickle these keys once in a while. Good to see you are still right out there on the front lines, admire you much. ed

• Sitka Gear