Knothead 14-Jun-19
StickFlicker 14-Jun-19
DezertDeerHntr 27-Aug-20
Knothead 28-Aug-20
03-Mar-19

StickFlicker's embedded Photo

StickFlicker's Link
The newest 6th Edition of the Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book was just released! It contains all of the records entered through July 31, 2018, including about a half-dozen new State Records. Although it's 50 pages thicker than the previous book, and it's been eight years since the last one was printed, we've maintained the same prices that the 5th Edition sold for when it was released (only $25 Standard Edition - $35 Collector's Edition - with free shipping!). In addition to the records, there are numerous photographs, artwork and stories contributed by many Arizona bowhunters. Just a few of the stories include "Stalking Mule Deer" by the master himself, Randy Ulmer, "12 Glassing Secrets" by glassing guru, Duwayne Adams, "Tips for Field Judging Elk" by well known guide and podcaster, Jay Scott, a three part series of articles by renowned Arizona game biologist and writer, Jim Heffelfinger, and many others. Order yours now at the link provided, or get yours at the Arizona Bowhunter's Association banquet on March 16!

03-Mar-19
Just picked one up today from Marvin out at Ben Avery. Excellent quality and a great source of information if you want to know where the big ones are coming from. I'm especially impressed by the #2 coues deer ever taken with a bow came from unit 40a. This is the only coues deer typical or non-typical that is even listed in the record book from 40a. Talk about finding a needle in a haystack. Good for him. .

03-Mar-19
Mine is on the way!

03-Mar-19
Mine too!

04-Mar-19
As Knothead mentioned, it's a great resource for those non-residents that keep applying for the same two or three "top tier" units because they don't know of any other places to apply. Each animal entry has the unit it was taken listed (units are much smaller areas and more specific than the counties listed in Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett which might contain a number of hunt units). There's even a table in the back that gives a breakdown of how many record book entries have come from each hunt unit, on a species by species basis. It would work great to find alternative areas to apply for those that are tired of getting rejected year after year because they can't seem to gather enough points. For $25 for a beautiful hardcover book with dust jacket, containing all that useful intel, it seems like a no brainer!

04-Mar-19
I ordered this book for the first time. I’ve always wondered if I should, but never did. Hopefully it will be $25 well spent! :)

04-Mar-19
Ordered mine... Ed F

06-Mar-19
Mine showed up today. Nice job Marvin!

12-Mar-19
I received mine today... Excellent job. Got me fired up about hunting other animals in Arizona. Ed F

13-Mar-19
Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it. We appreciate your supporting the program.

Ed, we're going to have to get some of your animals entered before the next one. I think Roy Grace is going to be the first person to earn a Cochise Award (7 species) taken entirely as a non-resident! That's pretty impressive.

17-Mar-19
Picked mine up at the banquet. Great looking with lots of good reading so far. Thanks for the effort BIA.

14-Jun-19

StickFlicker's Link
Since the Arizona deer/sheep drawing is currently underway, I thought I would bump this thread back up for those of you that have already purchased Arizona hunting licenses for the various drawings so are thinking of hunting OTC deer or other species in Arizona this fall. There is a table on the last few pages of the book that show, unit by unit, how many entries of each species are entered into the records program. This is a great way to help plan a future Arizona hunt if you're hoping to take a nice P&Y Coues deer or some other species in Arizona, and in my opinion worth the entire $25 cost! Every individual entry also shows in which hunt unit it was taken, which is helpful to see where the very top animals were taken too. The data has been collected since the records program first began more than 40 years ago, so there's lots of information to be had.

Many Bowsiters bought the book when I first posted this when it was released back in March, so maybe they can chime in with their opinions of what they thought of the book. I know I'm biased, but for a 400 page hard-bound book with all full-color photos throughout (including many from Bowsite's own Bill Ballard), I think it's a great bargain at only $25 (no tax or shipping)!

14-Jun-19
"including many from Bowsite's own Bill Ballard"

William Allard and most know him as Bill. The record book is very much worth the $25. As an AZ native who started bow hunting in 1978, I enjoy looking through all the names under various species. Brings back a lot of great memories after meeting so many of these people over the years. Money well spent IMO.

14-Jun-19

Thanks, John. Here's an excerpt from the book, showing the quality of the photos (this one from William Allard Wildlife).

27-Aug-20
Does anyone have a picture of the #2 coues deer taken out of 40A they wouldnt mind sending over to me?

28-Aug-20
I don't have a picture. I only noticed the unit when I was going through book to see where most of the big bucks are coming from.

• Sitka Gear