BC 07-Mar-19
Skippah 07-Mar-19
xi 07-Mar-19
Deanmann 07-Mar-19
Sosso 08-Mar-19
Sosso 08-Mar-19
Will 08-Mar-19
05-Mar-19
I know a lot of u guys hate them but I gotta say I love them not all of them but some.Lets her from ya who do u like who do ya hate and why.I have 2 different channels and watch often

05-Mar-19
I love meat eater and have trouble following any other programs I’ve tried. I dont Have cable, just Netflix.

05-Mar-19
Smart man I still pay way to much for cable!

06-Mar-19
Meateater is the only show I will watch regularly. Seems to the only show that really lines up with my ideals. Steve is all about the experience and not just taking a trophy animal every time... plus he has some killer cooking specials! I do have the outdoor package on Sling and I will watch a random hunting/fishing show here and there.

06-Mar-19
I now have direct tv and the only channel i get is Pursuit Channel. I enjoy Deer and Deer Hunting... that's really it on that channel. I used to like Red Arrow & Meat Eater and anything with Bob Foulkrod on the other channels when I had them. I have watched a few Meat Eater episodes on Netflix. I have to say, although sometimes I wish I had the channels to watch when I'm bored (seldom), I am enjoying the commercialized hunting Detox.

06-Mar-19
I like most of the hunting shows. I try and pick up on anything I can....up until you can tell that the elite hunter is obviously on a game preserve, being noisy as all hell, gets busted, and the giant buck just goes "Oh, human...meh..." and carries on like no big whoop. At that point the fantasy has been broken and the elite hunter is basically hunting a domestic animal...I just check out.

Speaking of learning, can anyone recommend a book on White Tail tracking, spotting, hunting and patterning? Especially for the Northeast? Some life events/changes are taking me out of my Z9/10 and now most of my focus will be up and around Z5/6/7/8, and Maine. I was just getting decent at hunting the thickets, and the suburban areas. Now I'll be hunting in larger hunks of forest. I feel like I'm starting all over.

Anyhow, worse comes to worse I'll see if I can hire Moons for a lesson or three.

06-Mar-19
Look into the Benoit brothers series of books

06-Mar-19
Thank you.

06-Mar-19
Sosso what town are you moving to?

06-Mar-19
Havent really watched one on cable TV in a while. I think it was Joe, HFSC here, who suggested "The Hunting Public" or "The Hunting Beast" on Youtube. I like the former more than the latter, but both are good. "The Hunting Public seems to put out a new "show" every day during the season, and does some cool stuff "off season" as well. What's not to like - free, good hunts, good edits, lots of public land and "how to" stuff...

Ditto Spike - where to Sosso. Happy to point out some areas if they are helpful, 6 and 5... But warning in advance, you have been in deer nirvana comparatively from a numbers perspective. There are deer, and some studs, but it will have a learning curve.

(I'm procrastinating on a project, so just figured I'd add this Hunting Public scouting episode)

06-Mar-19
Randy Newburg is my favorite. Meat Eater is a close second.

06-Mar-19
Gotta love Tim Wells Relentless Pursuit.

06-Mar-19
Sosso, Check out "Big Woods Bucks Website"

06-Mar-19
I'm not sure I've ever watched a mainstream media hunting show except for Meateater, which I watch a lot when new episodes are available on Netflix. Will, I'm sure I did mention The Hunting Public at some point. They are putting out some really great informative content, I enjoy watching them alot. I also really like the few videos Donnie Vincent has put out.

06-Mar-19
Almost forgot, if you enjoy bear hunting, Bear Hunting Magazine puts out a series of videos every year called Bear Horizon. It's very good.

06-Mar-19
I just recently got rid of cable so I haven't watched in a while . My favorites were Red Arrow and Heartland Bowhunter. Kip on RA always seems to be having fun and he makes funny ads for all the crap his sponsors sell. I like HB also and I won my latest Bowtech

06-Mar-19
I just recently got rid of cable so I haven't watched in a while . My favorites were Red Arrow and Heartland Bowhunter. Kip on RA always seems to be having fun and he makes funny ads for all the crap his sponsors sell. I like HB also and I won my latest Bowtech from them a couple years ago.

07-Mar-19
The Hunting Public is by far my favorite. Very good quality and as real as it gets. They put out episodes every few days throughout the season too.

07-Mar-19
loathe most of the broadcast cable shows. to the point that I can't watch them. to me they are no better than any other 'reality' tv with contrived plots and manufactured drama.

I will watch The Hunting Public, the Hunting Beast on youtube and Meateater on netflix as folks have mentioned above.

we've ditch cable TV as well. we have high speed internet, and roku and signed up for fuboTV so we can still get local stations for news, NESN for the B's, and some other channels. I don't think I will ever go back to cable.

07-Mar-19
I enjoy the SoloHuntr channel on you tube, especially Remi Warrens hunts. Steve Rinellas stuff is also great.

07-Mar-19
If I watch one, I watch with the sound off. Can't stand the heavy metal sound track and the whispering blow by blow of what I just saw after the shot. Some are better than others but I don't watch to many anymore. Don't watch much TV at all, for that matter.

07-Mar-19
Deer meat for dinner on YouTube us pretty good too

07-Mar-19
Meat Eater, Sporting Chef, Primos Truth ! If I get a chance to watch TV !

07-Mar-19
Hunting the public!

08-Mar-19
Spike and Will, As of right now it looks like Sterling/Clinton. I know that's Z9, but given the incredible amount of townies I know that hunt both of those areas (tried to hunt them before and it's packed), it's easier just to push north and west. As for ME, a friend of mine who loves camping and out doors, but doesn't hunt, just bought 100+ acres up in ME and has given me a lifetime pass to hunt it, with the stipulation that if I get one deer, he gets half, if I get 50 deer, he still only gets half of one. You can't beat that kind of deal. I digress....

Hunting the larger forest areas, and those that abut farmland will be new, and I expect to be knocking on a lot of doors. Any pointers are much appreciated.

I'm trying not to overthink the coming season. I was skunked this year, all of my spots that have been super hot just dried up overnight. I also noticed that a lot of the guys who were skunked during the 2017 season killed it in 2018, and vice versa; so there is something that I'm missing/not adapting to fast enough. I think it has to do more with mast identification due to changes in the environment (see heavy rains last year that flooded and killed areas). Oh well, it's called hunting for a reason.

Thanks all!

08-Mar-19
Spike and Will, As of right now it looks like Sterling/Clinton. I know that's Z9, but given the incredible amount of townies I know that hunt both of those areas (tried to hunt them before and it's packed), it's easier just to push north and west. As for ME, a friend of mine who loves camping and out doors, but doesn't hunt, just bought 100+ acres up in ME and has given me a lifetime pass to hunt it, with the stipulation that if I get one deer, he gets half, if I get 50 deer, he still only gets half of one. You can't beat that kind of deal. I digress....

Hunting the larger forest areas, and those that abut farmland will be new, and I expect to be knocking on a lot of doors. Any pointers are much appreciated.

I'm trying not to overthink the coming season. I was skunked this year, all of my spots that have been super hot just dried up overnight. I also noticed that a lot of the guys who were skunked during the 2017 season killed it in 2018, and vice versa; so there is something that I'm missing/not adapting to fast enough. I think it has to do more with mast identification due to changes in the environment (see heavy rains last year that flooded and killed areas). Oh well, it's called hunting for a reason.

Thanks all!

08-Mar-19
Sosso - PM me when you move, I'm in Leominster, so right in your new digs... and have hunted a lot of Z6, 5, 9... happy to help you at least get started.

• Sitka Gear