nehunter 06-Mar-19
Henry1210 06-Mar-19
Henry1210 06-Mar-19
Garbanzo 06-Mar-19
Buckster 07-Mar-19
Henry1210 12-Mar-19
Ace 12-Mar-19
06-Mar-19
HI All, Moved from Westchester County to CT (newtown) Doing a little research online it says that all I have to do is prove that I took the Bowhunter Safety course to get my CT hunting permit. I have my NY state card - can I just go get my hunting licence now or is there another step in the paperwork process? The DEEP website isn't very helpful - thanks in advance

06-Mar-19
I think you have to show your hunter safety course, I thick the new York card works I don't know if you can get your first one online ,Ace gives the course and knows all the laws . Welcome Steve

06-Mar-19
I would try it with the NY card. I can get a NY license with a CT state card. Worse they can tell you is no.

06-Mar-19
thanks guys - where do get your permit from? I used to go to Dicks when I was in NY - is it the same type of thing here in CT?

06-Mar-19
thanks guys - where do get your permit from? I used to go to Dicks when I was in NY - is it the same type of thing here in CT?

06-Mar-19
We stay away from Dick's since they have gone anti-gun. In fact I don't know one person anymore who will shop there. Try the online system, t should work with your card (if it's a BOWHUNTING card and not a combined course card).

06-Mar-19

Ace's Link
Here is a link to the Online System. You will create a profile and can then buy whatever you need. Be aware that you can buy it all at once or as you need them. If you combine fishing with Hunting you can save a few bucks.

06-Mar-19
Good luck this season and welcome to the site.

06-Mar-19
Dicks Sporting Goods in Meriden removed their entire hunting section this past weekend. Gone. Hijack of thread lol

06-Mar-19
thanks all, I'm aware of the anti gun stance for dicks and don't shop there - was just unsure of how CT handled sportsmen licensing/permitting. I'm hoping they take my NY card online.

06-Mar-19
Henry, (I sent you a pm), welcome to CT, I Hope you weren't expecting CT to be a lot more friendly to hunters (or gun owners) than NY. Unfortunately, we're going in the other direction.

06-Mar-19
I always got mine at the Town Clerk's office. Now I use the online system.

06-Mar-19
ACE, believe it or not...Ct is more friendly to both hunters and gun owners!

06-Mar-19
Thanks raw, you too!

06-Mar-19
Rawdog Don't congratulate him too soon.. We still have to see what Ned throws in for taxes, tolls etc.

07-Mar-19
As Ace noted, your NY certification must be for a separate bow hunter education course issued since 1982. Connecticut will accept that, but the first time you create a profile in the on-line licensing system you will have to physically present your NY certification card to a licensing agent. Connecticut’s system is not linked to any other state’s Hunter Education data base. The agent will note your certification in your profile, so that in subsequent years, the system will automatically recognize your certification and you can purchase your archery license entirely online without having to ask an agent to do it. DEEP Licensing can help you if you have questions. Some out of state folks choose to fax their card to them and do a follow up call to create their initial profile, instead of traveling to a Connecticut agent. Hope this helps!

12-Mar-19
Thanks Buckster -- where can I find a licensing agent?

12-Mar-19

Ace's Link
Here is a list:

• Sitka Gear