Firsttimerrrrr 11-Mar-19
soapdish 11-Mar-19
Bigbuckbob 12-Mar-19
kent 12-Mar-19
King Cobra 12-Mar-19
King Cobra 12-Mar-19
King Cobra 12-Mar-19
07-Mar-19
This year I've decided, instead of getting a new bow, I'm gonna stick with the Martin for another year. I put a new string on it but now I need my peep installed and a d loop. Unfortunately I don't know how to put those on or serve the line. So I'm going to head to a bow shop this weekend to get it done. What would be my best bet? I've never been to a bow shop before so I don't know where to go. Remember I live in groton and don't want to travel too far. No more than an hr or so.

07-Mar-19
Center sports in Columbia will be your closest

07-Mar-19
Center Sports and ask for Bill, he'll fix you right up.

07-Mar-19
I’m going to try flying arrow this year, I hear they are the best around.

07-Mar-19
Peep and a D loop.

Really quite simple to do yourself. Probably a youtube video can walk you through it and you get a skill to last longer than your bow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qytQDzWj_A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um1U9mIaPD

Serving will require a spool/tool, but the cost comes back to you every time you use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohcRYkKcTgw

07-Mar-19
The loop is no problem but you need a press for the peep .Go to the shop and get it done right then tweak it .Steve

07-Mar-19
That's true, you really need a press to install the peep properly without damaging the fibers on your string.

07-Mar-19
Centersports in Columbia. Bill will be the person to help. That’s where I was taking you.

How did you get a new string installed if you never went to a pro shop and you don’t have a press??

07-Mar-19
??????

07-Mar-19
Dicks pro staff..lol

07-Mar-19
There's a pro staff for dicks?

07-Mar-19
Guys I do not need a press. My bow is a rth(Ready to hunt). You just loosen the Alan wrench bolts and it loosens everything right up. I already put the new string on myself and it was fairly easy. I just don't have serving line and dont know how to serve and that's my problem.

07-Mar-19
Yes bob they're called little dicks...thats what I heard one day when a disgruntled customer said pointing to an employee..lol

07-Mar-19
Hopevalley bait and tackle It’s just over the line in Rhode Island Great place

09-Mar-19
Newbury Archery...Barry is the best!

09-Mar-19
Agree, Newbury, but too far for Shawn

09-Mar-19
Good people at Flying Arrow in Carmel NY.

09-Mar-19
Guys, come on, That's like a 5-6+ hour round trip from Groton for a Peep and D loop install.

10-Mar-19
Check out Fin and Feather Outfitters in North Kingston RI. I bet less then an hour drive.

10-Mar-19
Speak with Dave - Flying Arrow. Great guy, very knowledgeable and is a perfectionist with what he works on.

10-Mar-19
If you leave now for Flying Arrow you might be home by morning. That'd be my first choice.

10-Mar-19
May as well hop on a plane and fly out to the Martin factory in Washington...Geat Guys also!

10-Mar-19

Notme's embedded Photo
Notme's embedded Photo

10-Mar-19
Lmao!! You guys are too much. This thursday I'm going to columbia sports with bloodtrail. It's only 40 minutes away and hopefully I can get everything squared away

10-Mar-19
Halls is the best in state. Flying arrow is good ...long wait at flying arrow....took them a week and half for a new string....center sports is goo d shop...give yourself extra time nothing is fast over there

10-Mar-19
Thanks jax.. I hope it dont take too long to install the d loop and peep. I will let everyone know how my experience goes

11-Mar-19
Halls is 10 more minutes up the road

11-Mar-19
Is that a better bet soap?

11-Mar-19
I agree with Jax. I always go to Halls in Manchester. They are very knowledgable and friendly. The indoor range is good too.

11-Mar-19
I went to the shop in Columbia on Saturday to check it out and to buy some arrows and flu flus for my wife. The place itself is pretty cool and the guys were very nice and helpful only downside was they didnt have the arrows my wife uses (I forget what they are, pay attention to my stuff not hers but they are a popular brand) and they had no flu flus either. He did however say he could make a call and have some there in a couple of days. So the place is cool and the guys friendly but there is a chance they might not have things you need. Tuning wise the prices were not bad and they were working pretty fast on the bows while I was there. That being said im going to stick to halls. They just have much more stuff and a bigger range with the dart room. The older guys there are just as friendly as the ones in columbia. Theres one younger kid there that can be a bit abbrasive and show-offy all at the same time though, so if you do go and have the opportunity id have one of the older guys work with you.

11-Mar-19
I can only say that I was never let down. I can't say anything negative about Columbia either. I can say that Halls has been a landmark for a long time (50years or so) and turned out a few US Olympic gold medalist, one of which still works there. The video dart screen is a lot of fun. You can hunt just about anything you want. They have reflective blunt tips that you put on your arrows. They put in a video and the animals appear as in a realistic situation. You must make a clean ethical shot and points are awarded. Very cool.

12-Mar-19
I bought my first bow at Hall's and Art was the one who waited on me. For a newbie he made the process simple and provided excellent information.

12-Mar-19
Very sad news and will be missed but so many of us were blessed to have known him--

12-Mar-19
I would have to put a plug in here for The "Man" of what's left to the Hall's Men. The name is Andover Archery Center (andover ct) and it is run by Mark Hall=the best compound technician in new England. He did what halls arrow couldn't...….

12-Mar-19

King Cobra's embedded Photo
King Cobra's embedded Photo

12-Mar-19
That's a pic of Mark Hall with the Man Fred Bear....Mark Hall knows bows...Check out Andover Archery it might be small but they getter done.....

• Sitka Gear