hookman 08-Mar-19
David Mitchell 08-Mar-19
sundaynwv 08-Mar-19
Babysaph 08-Mar-19
Lone Eagle 08-Mar-19
hookman 08-Mar-19
hookman 08-Mar-19
07-Mar-19
It's time to make some noise! HB 2540 is heading to the Senate Floor. Its the wanton waste bill making it a crime to waste EDIBLE. parts of wild game. The law gives much leeway but adds penalties for people that take tenderloins only or just remove a deer's head.

Please call your Senators!

07-Mar-19
Please call or e-mail your Senator and ask for their support

07-Mar-19
Heck I thought that was already a law. Lol

07-Mar-19
No, but it’s a law we need. It would give the DNR more teeth in headhunters cases and those that just kill and take backstraps, or cases of thrill killing. People that leave a hamburgers worth of meat on a carcass is not going to get hassled . Whether you are for a 1,2, 3, or more buck limit should support this bill.

07-Mar-19
Bout the only meat I leave on is ribs and neck meat I take EVERYTHING else. Love the stuff

08-Mar-19
Me too. I use it all.

08-Mar-19
Is this bill going to stop the wanton waste of where a farmer gets 20 crop damage permits and goes out and shoots the deer in the belly and they go off and die?

08-Mar-19
Fair question, Don.

08-Mar-19
Hookman,

Farmers want dead deer. I would hope farmers would have people come shoot the deer who could use the meat. However, I've never known anyone to actively seek oit to fill crop damage permits for farmers to feed their own family.

This bill is a GIGANTIC step in the right directiin, even if it doesn't address farmer's crop damage permit usage.

08-Mar-19
Good point hookman. But remember the DNR wants dead deer and they need to keep the farmers happy so no that won't be included in this bill.

08-Mar-19
I have always believed, if a farmer doesn't allow hunting, then they shouldn't be given crop damage permits.

08-Mar-19
Great point Greg, I am an advocate of that also.

08-Mar-19
Most issues that come up can be worked out if you give a little to get what you want. Too bad it don’t work that way usually.

• Sitka Gear