Moultrie Mobile
STRICTLY STICKS Mar.17 3D Appreciation !
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HARRY CARRY 08-Mar-19
HARRY CARRY 08-Mar-19
Red Beastmaster 09-Mar-19
RC 09-Mar-19
HARRY CARRY 10-Mar-19
HARRY CARRY 10-Mar-19
hawkeye in PA 11-Mar-19
HARRY CARRY 16-Mar-19
Red Beastmaster 16-Mar-19
RC 17-Mar-19
Bob Hildenbrand 17-Mar-19
bowkevin 17-Mar-19
bowkevin 17-Mar-19
RC 17-Mar-19
HARRY CARRY 17-Mar-19
HARRY CARRY 17-Mar-19
Red Beastmaster 18-Mar-19
John H 18-Mar-19
08-Mar-19

HARRY CARRY's embedded Photo
The details...
The details...
The directions to "Sticks"....
The directions to "Sticks"....
Sunday, March 17, 2019: Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers "Archer Appreciation Day" 3D Shoot!!

This 3D shoot will wrap up the Winter 2018-2019 season, as we thank all of you for shooting with us. And, to offer our thanks, we're inviting you to join us for lunch...ON US!

Yes, all Traditional Archers who sign up to shoot are invited to finish their day of Archery with a meal shared with friends. Dave and the Kitchen Crew have hinted that 'bassa and kraut will be among the features, as the buffet table will be set nearing 11 AM or so.

We'll still be offering our usual breakfast before you head out with the gang to shoot; now you don't have to worry about heading home right when you've hit (or missed) the last target!

Sit a spell! Catch up with friends, both old and new. Plan your next Archery adventure, or tell of your season's success.

As of this moment, we have no real clue what course we will follow. We imagine that windstorm from a week ago has uprooted a tree or two, so don't be surprised if you find targets in very improvised locations.

Keep your fingers crossed for acceptable weather. It's March, so anything we hear as of today, Friday, March 8, will probably be meaningless by next weekend.

We just want to wrap up our Winter Season with, maybe, please, some UN-WINTER-LIKE shooting weather!!!

Let your friends know about this shoot. Facilitate on Facebook. Twitter to the Twitter world. Get your old Bunnell Straight Key and Telegraph sounder clicking down the wires. Smoke Signal your gang, your crew, your traveling companions from over yonder, and over the mountains...

----> STRICTLY STICKS' ARCHER APPRECIATION DAY 3D SHOOT IS NEXT SUNDAY, MARCH 17!!!<-----

The day will begin at 8 AM. Just bring your recurve, or longbow, or that snaky piece of Osage you tamed into a selfbow. And bring arrows...yes, those will be helpful, too!

And JOIN US for another "Strictly Sticks" 3D adventure! Next Sunday, March 17. Say "Goodbye" to the Winter months, and "Hello" to the endless possibilities of Archery spring and summer...

We'll leave the targets up, just for you!

AND...THANK YOU, from all of The Crew

08-Mar-19

09-Mar-19
Put up extra pig targets, the Hawg Hauling Crew is heading south end of the month. We need to practice our "low and tights".

09-Mar-19
Hope it doesn't rain.

Don't wanna see the mountain ladies backing out:)

10-Mar-19
I'll let the Crew know that "the hogs have been requested".... We'll see what we can do....!! And lawdy knows, as I'm listening to a major rainstorm outside right now this Early Sunday morning, WE DO NOT NEED ANY MORE RAIN!! NO MORE RAIN.

NO MORE RAIN. NO MORE RAIN. ATTICA ATTICA

10-Mar-19
ttt

11-Mar-19
Them hogs like the swamp.

16-Mar-19
RedBeastmaster: we are low on the pig targets, but we placed one in a very specific location. You will find it! (The pigs were the most worn out, and "The Club" decided they needed to go. Not sure if they were placed elsewhere on club property, or what the situation is. We dare not ask...we are the "troublemakers"....!!!)

See yinz all tomorrow morning!

16-Mar-19
The Sheetz hogs get worn out too. No biggie.

17-Mar-19
All the ones I seen at Sheetzs wuz biggies...

17-Mar-19
Randy....great shoot today. Thank the crew for us.

17-Mar-19

bowkevin's embedded Photo
Great time today as always. Thanks to the sticks crew for all they do

17-Mar-19

17-Mar-19
So now you know where natural gas comes from. There is Kevin filling up the gas well again:)

17-Mar-19
Actually probably the best photo caption I've read today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, thanks for being patient with our "Abbreviated Crew" today, all of yinz. That cold or flu or whatever that's been bouncing around keeps making its way back to Alverton, and it took out a couple folks.

But, just letting ya know, we had 58 folks shooting today. From age 7 up to mid 80s. Regular Sticks attendees. A couple of "long lost friends". Some great folks visiting from the S.C.A. groups. And, one or two first-timers.

Could not have picked a better day, weather wise. And the 'bassa/dogs/kraut, the beans, and Sue's Cake.... if you left with a hungry stomach, we can't say we didn't offer ya!!

The entire Crew THANKS YOU for letting us finish out the Winter 2018-2019 Season on a very positive note. None of us has any idea what the morning of these shoots will bring, but gotta tell ya that when I stepped out a couple times, and opened the door to see a room full of people, that's a great feeling!

We'll be in "hiatus mode" until the September 14-15, 2019 2-Day Weekend shoot, but hopefully we'll get out there and join in the other events and shoots 'round the region.

Keep in mind we also shoot informally at the clubhouse most Thursday evenings, from 6-8 PM, YEAR ROUND, INCLUDING SUMMER, except for the nights the club hosts the rotating-club-Trap Shoot league. Then, we stay home.....!

Iffn ya took photos, and can share them to our Facebook page (Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers), just go to the thread that wraps up today's shoot, and post the photos in the COMMENTS section. It's a whole lot easier for everyone to see them that way.

I'm hinting that the photo of Kevin above needs to be on the Facebook page, nudge nudge, wink wink. Maybe with RC's caption!

I'm sharing your thanks with the rest of the Crew, who, for some reason, don't yet partake of the PA Bowsite. We need a persuasion intervention...

OK, that's it for now. Gotta find the remaining piggy targets, before Sheetz catches on to us...

17-Mar-19
Oh yeah: we did have a couple very specific arrows turned in to lost/found: they are 3 very light spined arrows, which I'm guessing were lost either by a young person or a new Archer shooting a low-weight bow. 1 is a carbon, the other 2 are alums and look to be from the same person's quiver. We asked around, but the "regulars" did not seem to recognize them. So, if you personally know a couple of the newer Archers, could you ask them about their arrows, and if they lost any? I'll have them here at home for safe keeping, and will hold them for whomever may have lost them. Simply don't want any new Archer or young person to be bummed because of a lost arrow at a new-to-them event... THANKS!

18-Mar-19
Wonderful bonding today! I renewed friendships and met some new people. Way more important than shooting a few arrows.

It was a good end to another great winter season at SS.

Also, thanks for a really good meal!

18-Mar-19
Sounds like another fun year. Gives me motivation to get back shooting again, I have missed it. I plan on attending some shoots around the area this year.

• Sitka Gear