Dthfrmabove 17-Mar-19
Dthfrmabove 17-Mar-19
fran 17-Mar-19
bigsevig 17-Mar-19
bowandspear 17-Mar-19
Dthfrmabove 17-Mar-19
bowandspear 27-Mar-19
10-Mar-19
That's as help with Morels, not Moral help... I gots that lol. Hey buds with spring Morel mushroom season maybe a month to month and a 1/2 away I would like to actually harvest some in 2019. I'm in South Coast Mass and i never find any and I remember a bunch of you in Western part of the state last year did real well. I don't want your exact spots of course but if someone was kind enough to point me (PM me, not public) in the general direction out there I would appreciate it and plan on making a day weekend trip. Or even a trade off for meeting me in my town/area in Fall for harvesting of some other tasty fall shrooms... Yes there will be shellfish involved in payment too. Cheers

10-Mar-19

10-Mar-19
There is a group down here that does a guiding /harvesting walk in our area. I saw them last year at one of the places I used to hunt. I will google them and get back to you. Always wanted to do it but didn’t want to be the only weird guy who hunts. I would gladly do it with you if you’re interested. I think only one time would be enough and we can figure it out from there. I will get the info and get back to you on this one

11-Mar-19
DFA I agree.i can possibly ID them I just don't find them along the ocean woods out here in Swansea area. I would be interested.

11-Mar-19
I can positively id, not possibly Id. Lol damn phone.

11-Mar-19
B&S, I've never done good in Massachusetts for morels. All mine are from NY. All are from old growth Elm trees, woods or hedgerows. Most trees are dead and decaying.

16-Mar-19
Dfa, I am interested in that walk if you have more info that would be great. Thank's.

17-Mar-19
I am trying to find the link to these guys. It was posted here last year when this topic came up and they have a Facebook page also

17-Mar-19

Dthfrmabove's Link
I think these were the people. They basically do tours of different properties in different areas for a small fee per tour

17-Mar-19
Thank you Shawn I am going to try and do one of the walks I think it will be fun.

17-Mar-19
not sure if this helps anyone, but being in the landscape business i find quite a bit of morels near hemlock mulch beds on certain properties.

17-Mar-19
DFA, I know Ryan and Emily from Southern New England Mushroom Hunting, Very knowledgeable couple. BigSev, yes commonly refered to as Landscape Morels, they propagate from spores in the mulch that is shipped here from other parts of the country. I had a landscape friend send me a pic last spring of some in mulch bed on the cape. Yup it happens.

17-Mar-19
B&S. Well looks like you have the inside knowledge !!!! I wish I had more time because it looks like it would be a fun walk in the woods with them. My knowledge is limited to chicken if the woods. There are a ton of them in the areas that I hunt. Have yet to stumble upon a hen yet. The majority of the trees down here are maple with very few oaks. Wondering if that has something to do with it ????

27-Mar-19
DFA I'm in Swansea, sounds like your basically in my hood. You have them there and yes they will be on oaks. It's a timing thing. Usually first three weeks if october I think is best for Hens to pop.

• Sitka Gear