bb 13-Mar-19
Oneeye 14-Mar-19
bb 14-Mar-19
steve 16-Mar-19
steve 16-Mar-19
N8tureBoy 16-Mar-19
GF 22-Mar-19
12-Mar-19
I was looking at range finders cause I need one what’s the best range finder for a reasonable price? And if anybody has one for sale let me know!

12-Mar-19
A cheapo one for about $100 just fine for bow. If for gun another story

12-Mar-19
Yeah for bow, only can hunt with a bow. I was looking on amazon and found a few decent ones

12-Mar-19
Depends what you are hunting .....Buy a decent one that takes angles into account especially if you plan to computer west.....I have a Nikon and leapold. Both are good

13-Mar-19
I agree, for woods hunting in CT any cheap finder will do.

13-Mar-19
I have bought two Cheapo's for $100 each. They both dont work and always used a lot of batteries. I bought a Leopold with "Bow" mode for calculation tree stand shots. The old ones would say the Deer is 20 yards but it was only 10 yards from the base of the tree.

The new one automatically figures that out and displays 10 yards.

Buy a good one that will last a long time, not two Years.

13-Mar-19
Got the bushnell the truth on sale at wal mart for $100. Its on its fourth season and the battery level hasn't dropped one bar. It also has bow mode. Cant beat the bang for the buck...

13-Mar-19
Sounds good, figured i should save up and just get a good one rather then one that will crap out on me

13-Mar-19
I have a leica that I have had for years. It's extremely accurate and I can always read it light or dark, rain or shine. When a cheap rangefinder gives a wrong reading when it matters most, it isn't worth the money at any price, same goes for if you can't read the display when you need to, either low light or fogged up lense. All it is at that point is a decoration around your neck. If you are going to rely on a range finder to make shots at game, your best bet is to buy the best you can afford.

14-Mar-19
I have a $100 rangefinder and a $500 range finder. Yes maybe the $500 one has bells and whistles like memory for bullet trajectory and bow/gun toggle. Try dropping your range finder out of your tree, I did it. You will choose the cheaper one from then on. Ok so maybe it says 39 yrds when it's actually 40 yrds. Is it really going to matter to the deer your 1 inch lower? If a 1 yrd difference is key to your deer you need more practice not a more expensive range finder. I will say the slope calculation is helpful but even that ends up being a 1 yrd difference from a 20 yrd tree stand. Spend more money if you want but for bow a basic one with slope is just fine. As I said if your using for gun vs bow different story. At 200 yrds it does matter. At 20 it dosent. I have found better results putting the money into better shafts then a range finder.

14-Mar-19
If you need a range finder for the 20 yard shots, you've probably wasted your money at any price.

16-Mar-19

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Michael I was just cleaning up i found one I don’t use if you want it it’s free to you it’s in Norwalk Steve

16-Mar-19
Micheal it’s a gps thought you could use one of them too

16-Mar-19
I got one on sale for $70 about 8 years ago and it still works fine for my needs. No angle compensation so I just aim it at trees the same height as me after I climb up. I just want to know which trees are 20 yards away from me. Gives me less to think about and creates less movement when a deer enters the scene.

22-Mar-19
“I have found better results putting the money into better shafts then a range finder.”

Or a guy could just get to 1-pin range and call it good. Spend the $100 on gas for scouting trips and/or to get yourself a better quality pair of binoculars. Learn how to get Bowhunting Close.

We’re after an animal with a brain the size of your fist. It’s not that hard. I think I’ve taken 3 deer in CT that were outside of recurve range, and I’ve taken more from the ground than from up in trees.

No, I don’t have a bunch of monsters on my wall, but that’s more a function of Where & Why you hunt than How. So like I said... if you want a big rack, put the money into figuring out where one lives, rather than spending on a rangefinder just in case one wanders by outside of normal Bow Range....

• Sitka Gear