Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
BowKill2019 15-Mar-19
tonyo6302 16-Mar-19
BowKill2019 17-Mar-19
Readytohunt 31-Jan-20
Bandicooter 07-Mar-20
15-Mar-19
Anybody find any sheds yet? I’ve been searching Lakeridge for past 2weeks with no luck yet.

16-Mar-19
I have never found a shed in Virginia. I have bucks eating out of my birdfeeders, and can never find sheds from my home to their bedding areas. I think the squirrels and chipmunks get them.

17-Mar-19
I’ve found 1/2doz the past 3-4yrs here in Lake Ridge. Usually at the peak of a hill where a buck would walk up and look over the edge in a hollow. I’ve found 4 in locations like that. 1 was on further down a hill almost at the bottom where he’d stop and look before jumping across the road.

31-Jan-20

Readytohunt's embedded Photo
12 inch tiles
Readytohunt's embedded Photo
12 inch tiles
Found a nice set of sheds, yes I said set, the week before the end of gun season. Driving a small piece that we hunted two weeks before and buddy shot at a nice buck but never found it. I guess I was the lucky one because I found the both sides of the rack within 30 feet of each other. We think that he injured the deer and it dropped it's horns early. It probably wont have as nice of a rack next year

07-Mar-20
Shed hunting will drive you crazy. I've been almost every weekend since the middle of January. Last week, after putting a few miles on my hooves, I have an 8-pointer stroll across the road in front of me in my neighborhood. Maddening! Don't they read the same articles we do? Don't they know they're supposed to have dropped them by now?

• Sitka Gear