Justgrad25 20-Jun-19
Rut Nut 20-Jun-19
Vonfoust 21-Jun-19
Teeton 21-Jun-19
Rut Nut 21-Jun-19
20-Mar-19

DanWesson357's Link
Follow HUSH And help this group remove the prohibition of Sunday Hunting

Hunters United for Sunday Hunting 481 Mountain House Road [email protected] Halifax, Pa 17032 717-648-1835 / 717-350-6741

Letter to: Legislators of Pennsylvania; State Representatives and State Senators. Support Senate Bill 147

This letter is to urge you to support the removal of the prohibition of Sunday hunting in PA Title 34 Game Law and allow the Pennsylvania Game Commission to decide what is best for Sunday hunting. We ask that you recognize and understand that the Pa Game Commission are the subject matter experts for the management and conservation of Pa’s wildlife. Case in point; Pa. Game Commission recognized as the best wildlife management agency in the country by the Quality Deer Management Association. https://www.qdma.com/pennsylvania-game-commission-named-qdmas-agency-year/

We encourage you to support Senate Bill 147 presented by Senator Dan Laughlin. The bill strengthens PA Title 34 Game Law and leaves all hunting management decisions to Pa. Game Commission. It addresses the offense of trespass while hunting, making the violation a primary offense with increased penalties. Enforceable by both game wardens and other law enforcement.

Streamlining of the law puts full management and conservation in the hands of the experts - Pa. Game Commission. The transfer of full regulatory control to Pa. Game Commission is the best solution for game management in Pa. Studies have shown and sportsmen have stated the lack of time, work, and family obligations are among the most frequent reasons limiting their hunting opportunities. Recent polls from various sources indicate on average 80% overall support for removing the barrier to Sunday hunting. The Pa. Farm Bureau presented a statewide map during Pa. Game Commission public meeting April 23, 2018, that shows 64% approval for a law change. National Shooting Sports Foundation economic impact data on Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania shows an overall economic output of $972,589,148. Coupled with 18 Pa.voting districts having 85% approval and support for legal hunting; it leaves us as proponents scratching our heads and wondering what is the problem? Begs the question, why does the Pa. legislature as a whole not see that Pa.sportsmen have spoken and a change will benefit the commonwealth as a whole? Hunters own, lease, use and control thousands of acres of land across this state. Please stop ignoring us and change this archaic blue law that restricts our liberties. Do the right thing - remove the prohibition of Sunday hunting in PA Title 34 Game Law and allow the Pennsylvania Game Commission to decide what is best for Sunday hunting? Every conservation organization involved in this effort understands the importance of wildlife management and recognizes the agency best to do that is Pa. Game Commission, not you as lawmakers. Senator Dan Laughlin has presented a common-sense law that addresses the needs of hunters, landowners, and other stakeholders. Hunters United for Sunday Hunting, Sportsmen’s Alliance, National Shooting Sports Foundation, National Rifle Association has consolidated conservation organizations representing 1.4 million sportsmen and women of Pennsylvania all supporting SB 147 and advocate you to do the same. Anything less fails the 480 species of wildlife in Pennsylvania.

Sincerely; Executive Director, Hunters United for Sunday Hunting PS. For more information: FaceBook: @HuntersUnitedForSundayHunting Blog - https://huntersforsundayhunting.blogspot.com

21-Mar-19
I'm already THERE, Dan. Thank you for posting this!! ed

21-Mar-19
You are on the losing end of this one Mr Negative

21-Mar-19
Ron, in 2000, Penn State did a study. At that time, 75% of private land was posted

21-Mar-19
Just because land is posted, doesn't mean it isn't hunted

21-Mar-19
I don’t know what their problem is Ron. As soon as we can get them to understand that a landowner that owns land does not understand what a landowner Goes through when owning that land unless they agree with you. It is then and only then When in agreement with you the all mighty landowner does a land owner that owns land understand what it’s like to own land and deal with the landowners plight. In other words, if you don’t have issues with trespassing on your land then you are not a true landowner. Maybe that’ll clear things up for everybody

21-Mar-19
The Farm Bureau’s board of directors, vote how they want. They don’t consider what their membership says, or even care, regarding the Sunday hunting issue. And that statement comes from many of my friends, who are members of the farm bureau. One of whom is the local president. So for you to say, all, members are in agreement is just total BS.

To me, it’s two completely different issues. It’s a Sunday hunting issue first, and a trespass issue second. And I’ll vote for Sunday hunting over trespass laws (which already are in place) first, every time. Because it benefits more people. I vote for you,Ron, to head up the trespass issue. And I’ll continue the fight for Sunday hunting, as I have been doing for the past several years.

21-Mar-19
Holy Smokes!!!!

23-Mar-19
there is no doubt the PA Farm Bureau is split on this issue with many many voting members in favor of SUnday HUnting. They are going to be like the Wizard of OZ when this is all said and done. "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain." The PA Farm Bureau leadership is completely out of touch with their membership on this issue.

23-Mar-19
In another thread real close by this one I mentioned a partial solution. Mebbe them what hasn't read that post mebbe otta? ed

24-Mar-19
Very, very patiently, Ron...these are DISTINCTLY DIFFERENT ISSUES! Separate and conquer my friend. It isn't all that difficult a concept to GRASP. my question to you remains unanswered by you. I state it again for your benefit, w/o rephrasing..."what in h*** are you waiting for?" respectively, ed

24-Mar-19
Ed, it's all smoke and Bull-Crap. He has been working behind the scenes for years, yet nothing ever happens. Nothing but lies...

24-Mar-19
RC, respectively to you my Brother as well...let's give benefit of doubt here. If Ron chooses to step up here, separate the issues and pick one or the other to address, I would join him in his efforts in a heartbeat...and ENJOY doing so! There are a plethora of fine folks already working diligently on BOTH now. I would also bet YOUR last drop of cherry wine dozens here would join us:) warm regards oldtimer! ed

25-Mar-19
Well let's just wait and see if he steps up. But its probably going to be another, I'm working behind the scenes story and nothing will ever come out of it. I just laugh at him anymore, Ed. Been like this for 20+ years. LOL

19-Jun-19

Rut Nut's Link
It passed!(it’s first hurdle) A big THANK YOU to ALL involved!

20-Jun-19
Eff the farm bureau. Bill too watered down. PGC should have full authority to determine seasons and bag limits, no matter what day of the week it is....

20-Jun-19
Justin, I was told the compromise was necessary- if no compromise, the bill would have never made it out of Approriations!

I’ll take 3 Sunday’s ...............it’s 3 more than we’ve EVER had! ;-)

21-Jun-19
I'm sorry officer, I thought this Sunday was one of the ones permitted.

21-Jun-19
I hear they are going to spread out the Sundays, 1, for woodchuck,, 1 for waterfowl and the other one is for the new chipmunk season. :)

21-Jun-19
LOL Ed! : )

• Sitka Gear